Options for HBO Series here?

taytee

So, it seems they make everything a pain in the ass to stream certain tv here.. I was looking into AIS TV as i just found out they had HBO then just seen in another thread they are dropping HBO channels in march so not even worth the bother.. Right now im already subscribed to netflix, Prime tv (the international version is pretty crappy) and sometimes ill get movies on Apple tv.

But missing a huge chunk of good new shows and old ones IE Sorpranos, The wire, Quarry etc... It's 2020 and you would think by now they would have something where people can legally watch certain major channels internationally without going through a bunch of hurdles. Sure I can find a site on the net to watch them but its usually lousy quality also would of been nice to have something Thai based (like AIS tv currently) with Thai subtitles so the gf can watch it as well. So just curious if anyone seen any other options out there.. BTW i had truevisions years ago and i hate that company... I had a box & satellite with them a few years box needed to be updated but couldn't be bothered and went about a year paying a bill without even watching it till i dropped it.

23 hours ago, BritManToo said:

RARGB torrent has everything.

You might have to wait 24hrs from first broadcast.

Watching what 'they' want, when 'they' choose to broadcast it is a thing of the past.

I tried staying away from torrents ever since I got hit with a DMCA notice a few years ago, was actually using a vpn and the vpn sent me the email basically gave me 3 strikes luckily on my 2nd strike i stopped with the torrents so they wouldnt suspend my service.. Seems HBO mostly they send out those DMCA notices. 

Also with the android boxes, I know you can get paid streaming services around but havent seen many with on demand to watch "said series"... If there are free ones their probably overloaded and slow buffering but what do i know I havent tried any in a long time.

Just now, taytee said:

I tried staying away from torrents ever since I got hit with a DMCA notice a few years ago, was actually using a vpn and the vpn sent me the email basically gave me 3 strikes luckily on my 2nd strike i stopped with the torrents so they wouldnt suspend my service.. Seems HBO mostly they send out those DMCA notices. 

I'm told some VPN services ban the use of torrents if you're connecting to a US server. If I were ever to download a torrent (ahem) my VPN provider IPVanish provides non-US servers to connect to and specifically states that anyone attempting to download torrents via a US server will have their account suspended

• Like 1

On 2/13/2020 at 10:33 AM, ThaiBunny said:

I'm told some VPN services ban the use of torrents if you're connecting to a US server. If I were ever to download a torrent (ahem) my VPN provider IPVanish provides non-US servers to connect to and specifically states that anyone attempting to download torrents via a US server will have their account suspended

I don’t think VPN works with torrent that’s dark web stuff you’re talking about tor servers that actually do mask your location vpn doesn’t actually do that in reality. 

On 2/13/2020 at 10:46 AM, MJKT2014 said:

That's correct. Just go for a paid IPTV provider from 10USD/m. They'll have all the VOD. Torrents are another way for free.

Do you know of any legitimate IPTV providers here in Thailand? Feel free to message me if you do. 

On 2/13/2020 at 10:30 AM, taytee said:

Also with the android boxes, I know you can get paid streaming services around but havent seen many with on demand to watch "said series"... If there are free ones their probably overloaded and slow buffering but what do i know I havent tried any in a long time.

Then dont use a VPN, there is no need too. Visit RARGB, you do not have to register. No one knows who you are.

• Like 1

In order to watch channels like HBO or streaming services like Netflix that you have subscribed to in other countries such as the UK or US is challenging.

There are much better options.

1. If torrents and / or torrent streaming is the way you want to go then again, it would be recommended to use a VPN. Most VPN's have designated servers for torrents or providers like Express VPN allow you to download torrents from any of its server.

2. Most IPTV providers deliver all the content you want in HD or UHD. IOW, excellent quality. The only real issue with IPTV providers is that periodically you will have buffering issues, no matter how fast your Internet service is. Deal with it.

3. If you have a Smart TV from Samsung or LG, then they have Netflix, Prime and other similar streaming services. You have to subscribe here to get those services. Smart TV's also have apps like Smart IPTV so you can load and see all your IPTV service channels. No need for an Android box or similar hardware.

Lost of options for you.

48 minutes ago, jimn said:

Then dont use a VPN, there is no need too. Visit RARGB, you do not have to register. No one knows who you are.

But they have your IP address. And by that they know which ISP that address belongs to - and that ISP knows who is the subscriber who had that IP address at that particular time - that would probably be you, assuming you're downloading at home.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2020 at 5:47 PM, bkk6060 said:

So many ridiculous uneducated waste of time and money posts on this subject.

Wasting 2000 b a month on these <deleted> TV services.

Buy an MXQ pro or similar android box.

Connects to your internet and TV.

I get live TV, every movie, TV series, Netflix, HBO, Showtime, blah blah.

All for free just the cost of the box which was 1700 b.

Basic TV is free in my building.  Fast modern internet 550 b a month.

550 a month for everything in the world.

Having an Android box doesn't mean free Netflix by default. 

20 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

But they have your IP address. And by that they know which ISP that address belongs to - and that ISP knows who is the subscriber who had that IP address at that particular time - that would probably be you, assuming you're downloading at home.

I agree with you. I would not do it in the UK, but here in Thailand the ISP does not care what you do.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2020 at 5:47 PM, bkk6060 said:

So many ridiculous uneducated waste of time and money posts on this subject.

Wasting 2000 b a month on these <deleted> TV services.

Buy an MXQ pro or similar android box.

Connects to your internet and TV.

I get live TV, every movie, TV series, Netflix, HBO, Showtime, blah blah.

All for free just the cost of the box which was 1700 b.

Basic TV is free in my building.  Fast modern internet 550 b a month.

550 a month for everything in the world.

Sounds great, I can buy one of those for Bt455 on lazada..

It does not list what content is provided, do I just assume I will get all those ?

Edited by Don Mega

42 minutes ago, kensisaket said:

TVTAP Firestick Pro has HBO, HBO Family, HBO Zone, Showtime; and, Showtime 2.  The USTV app has additional offerings of those as well. The shows/movies on Netflix can be found on other Apps such as Cinema HD, Titanium TV, Tea TV.Nova TV; and, many others.  Everything bkk6060 said is true.

bkk6060 posted that his 1700 baht box allows him the watch any content he wants for free, "including Netflix, HBO, Showtime, blah, blah, blah" and now YOU say that is true. 

So, maybe you can give me the name of any Android Box or any device that allows you to stream video directly from Netflix, HBO, Showtime or other subscription streaming service without being a paid subscriber.

USTV Now, allows you free access to only 5 US TV broadcasting services. You have to have a paid subscription to access the other 23 US providers. To stream live TV broadcasts from most US TV networks websites, first requires you to sign into your local TV providers account with your username and password. No provider account, no access.

I will be waiting for the name of the magic box that provides 100% free content.  

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Having an Android box doesn't mean free Netflix by default. 

It does for me. The last season of “the ranch”, (for example) which is netflix, is out and binge watched.... all episodes released on the one day (spoiler... crappola).... whenever anything pops on my box with the Netflix logo, I’m happy, as its more likely to play without buffering issues.... the same with amazon prime... “ozarks” was great... all watched and waiting waiting waiting for the next season!

everything on tv is usually available within hours of it airing.... but I find movies take a couple of months before good quality links will work.... it’s actually hardest finding the old stuff... I just binge watched the “24” series, and I had to bounce all over the net to get all of “doc Martin” during December, but all the bouncing is still quicker than MS TV with adds

downloading apps to the box is easy enough.... search utube for tv apps like “cyberflix”.... you will find lots of tutorials and links to various apps that are free to download to the box

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tweedledee2 said:

bkk6060 posted that his 1700 baht box allows him the watch any content he wants for free, "including Netflix, HBO, Showtime, blah, blah, blah" and now YOU say that is true. 

So, maybe you can give me the name of any Android Box or any device that allows you to stream video directly from Netflix, HBO, Showtime or other subscription streaming service without being a paid subscriber.

USTV Now, allows you free access to only 5 US TV broadcasting services. You have to have a paid subscription to access the other 23 US providers. To stream live TV broadcasts from most US TV networks websites, first requires you to sign into your local TV providers account with your username and password. No provider account, no access.

I will be waiting for the name of the magic box that provides 100% free content.  

Can’t guarantee access to everything.... but here’s the “magic box”, and if you like, I will drop any show title into an app for you and give it a whirl

FBCD6520-4CA0-42FC-9F9F-77A9839EA3CC.png

001149F7-C88F-4B5F-BFCB-18580E7A31C2.jpeg

087FD815-C028-4428-A019-6663DCB8E8A2.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 2/12/2020 at 10:36 AM, tweedledee2 said:

I agree with your first sentence, but then you add more of the same nonsense content in the rest of your post. 

There is no TV box or stick that allows anyone free access to paid subscription services directly from programmers such as Netflix, HBO, Showtime or blah blah blah and neither will your box. Your box only gives you access to the same content that is available to every internet user.

You are wrong and your post is uneducated and false.

I get live HBO, Showtime, and just about any live TV movie or series.

The box is full of pre loaded apps that allows access to these subscription services.

They are not available to every internet user.

I also get Netflix.  Their movies can be located on the search engine from my box.

Just watched the Netflix movie 6 Underground.  Then watched Dirty Harry from 1971.

So, I suggest you get your facts straight about this type box as you are wrong. 

PS:  The current movie being shown on HBO in the US is called Arizona.  A movie starring Danny Mcbride.

I am watching it now. Duh.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jany123 said:

It does for me. The last season of “the ranch”, (for example) which is netflix, is out and binge watched.... all episodes released on the one day (spoiler... crappola).... whenever anything pops on my box with the Netflix logo, I’m happy, as its more likely to play without buffering issues.... the same with amazon prime... “ozarks” was great... all watched and waiting waiting waiting for the next season!

everything on tv is usually available within hours of it airing.... but I find movies take a couple of months before good quality links will work.... it’s actually hardest finding the old stuff... I just binge watched the “24” series, and I had to bounce all over the net to get all of “doc Martin” during December, but all the bouncing is still quicker than MS TV with adds

downloading apps to the box is easy enough.... search utube for tv apps like “cyberflix”.... you will find lots of tutorials and links to various apps that are free to download to the box

I have had a box for 2 years already,and a few friends have boxes,too. When I'm talking about Netflix, I don't mean some Netflix tv-series streamed on other apps. One of my friends have Netflix in his box,but he's got a subscription and needs to log in. I bet you don't have the Netflix app. I can watch some Netflix tv-series streamed on cable, but that doesn't mean I watch Netflix. 

1 hour ago, jany123 said:

Can’t guarantee access to everything.... but here’s the “magic box”, and if you like, I will drop any show title into an app for you and give it a whirl

FBCD6520-4CA0-42FC-9F9F-77A9839EA3CC.png

001149F7-C88F-4B5F-BFCB-18580E7A31C2.jpeg

087FD815-C028-4428-A019-6663DCB8E8A2.jpeg

Does magicbox give you access to HBO and newest television shows? How does it work? Feel free to message me. 

1 minute ago, luckyluke said:

I use Exodux Redux on Kodi,

and  Popcorn Time.

Downloaded it on my laptop,

and watch the movies and TV series on my 49'' Led TV via a HDMI cable.

Sure, that is a good way to do it.

Connect from your laptop and get the full picture.

Good info.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

I have had a box for 2 years already,and a few friends have boxes,too. When I'm talking about Netflix, I don't mean some Netflix tv-series streamed on other apps. One of my friends have Netflix in his box,but he's got a subscription and needs to log in. I bet you don't have the Netflix app. I can watch some Netflix tv-series streamed on cable, but that doesn't mean I watch Netflix. 

Again.... per my post at 22.... give me a title name, and I will see if I can find it... no need to bet on anything... a title and ten minutes... if it’s unfound, it’s unfound, no problems... it’s an easy experiment in the effectiveness of my digibox, as worst.

And... I had the Netflix app until I got the digibox... and 2 years later, I haven’t missed Netflix. I still get their program updates as I still have the app access to their network guide... anything of interest to me gets watched.

old computer chugs away downloading series and movies from tpb, then to usb and watched on tv

main computer has vpn  and connected to tv to watch the channels from back home

cost; wifi 350 baht/month and vpn 200 baht/month, for more viewing than i could ever need. works very well, cheap and easy. but... maybe i should get out more ????

13 minutes ago, jany123 said:

Again.... per my post at 22.... give me a title name, and I will see if I can find it... no need to bet on anything... a title and ten minutes... if it’s unfound, it’s unfound, no problems...

hahahahaha, a title and 10 minutes.

I can do that via torrents !!