CONFIRMED: Thai mass shooter killed at shopping mall

Jonathan Fairfield

34 minutes ago, Bell1234 said:

Easy to access that amount in any Army camp.. All you need is to walk into the Armoury and shoot the guy dead in there and then proceed to take what you want.

Oh really? It strikes me you haven't visited a lot of armories in your lifetime.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cake Monster said:

A sad, but very predictable outcome to this horrendous crime.

My Sympathy to all Victims, Families and their Friends.

BUT, a really serious question has to be asked.

How, in Gods name, was this man able to drive out of an Army Barracks in a stolen Humvee kind of Vehicle, and fully armed with a Gun / Guns and an obviously large amount of Ammunition.

It is well known that Security at these places in Thailand is poor, because of the stream of reports about Grenades, Machine Guns , Arm Caches, Etc being discovered hidden in ditches Etc Etc Etc.

But this tragic event takes the poor Security to a whole new level.

He was in the ammunition department so he had a the access needed.

The army should rethink of using the funds for upkeep instead of buying more submarines. You can't go to war if your personnel can't even think straight. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

You forget where you are; Generals and Public Officials in this country do not take responsibility for anything other than filling their own pockets.  This will all be swept under the carpet with the 'explanation' that this Guy was Nutter high on Yaba or some other Narcotic.  Cash will be handed out to the grieving families, large numbers of Senior Army Officers and Ministers will attend Funerals with huge Wreaths and copious Wai's and that will be the end of it !

Only if nothing better comes upon the day/s. 

26 minutes ago, shady86 said:

He was in the ammunition department so he had a the access needed.

I know nothing about military ranks! he was reported as being a sergeant major 1st class, what was his "job" sounds like a moderately high rank?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

Forget "breaking news", this morniong I look many times on TV.....nothing, niente, niets.

The foreign newspapers are more quickly, and even they don't spoke "breaking news"

It's been all over the TV stations since last night. What have you been watching?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I wonder how much of the official investigation will focus on how it was that a soldier in, what is essentially a peace time army, (with the exception of the south) was able to amass such a large amount of weaponry.

I read somewhere that he had around 700 rounds of ammunition. That should never be possible in normal peacetime circumstances.

He had an M60 as well!!

I actually saw him using it in one of the videos

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

highest rates of gun

I am not the one inventing it, it is written in a newspaper that we are not allowed to quote here ( 11 Aug 2015 )

" As the US State Department's Bureau for Diplomatic Security wrote in its safety report for overseas staff: "Thailand has a fervent gun culture on par with the United States and has become a world leader in firearms-related homicides."

According to the Interior Ministry, there are 6.1 million registered firearms in Thailand, a country with 67 million people.

GunPolicy.org puts the total number of firearms at closer to 10 million, once the thriving black market trade is counted. "

• Like 1

« Major shootings are rare in the Southeast Asian country other than in the far south,where a decades-old insurgency persists.«  

Short memory : what about that jewellery attack not long ago .. what about shootings at tribunals last year.

Foreign media describe Thailand as having one of the highest guns ownerships (legal) in the world..

When Australia had its mass-shooting at Port Arthur, the government went on a gun buy back scheme as well as restricting gun ownership laws. Shall we see this happen here ... mmm ? 

My deepest condolences to the families afflicted by this terrible event. It is so unfair. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, xtof2 said:

RIP to the many victims.

Shame to FB who let this guy use FB live for hours !

FB did take his page down, I think it was after about 3 hours I heard quoted, I would suspect FB would have first liaised with the Thai authorises as taking down his pages could have antagonised him causing more fatalities.

Very tragic news indeed......But at least us falang cant be blamed for this one....But I'm sure we will in some capacity like the bullets and armor the gunman was using are made in the USA or the gunmen was watching to much U.S news about gun violence and previous mass shootings etc...etc....

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

It's a shame;
we will never know why he did it.
The authorities will give us a scenario that is going well;
on the other hand the truth?
well you can sit on it; we will never get it.

An army can make men crazy. Am I right Mr. Prayut Chan-Ocha ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Salerno said:

You mean more than three times average annual salary:

The clue here is MONTHLY. Are you really implying that the average annual salary in Thailand is a mere 14.000 baht ? some people should refrain from commenting if they are cannot even bloody read. 

Edited by sjaak327
  • Like 1