CONFIRMED: Thai mass shooter killed at shopping mall

Jonathan Fairfield

4 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I wonder how much of the official investigation will focus on how it was that a soldier in, what is essentially a peace time army, (with the exception of the south) was able to amass such a large amount of weaponry.

I read somewhere that he had around 700 rounds of ammunition. That should never be possible in normal peacetime circumstances.

He went  take weapons in an  army  base  and killed  two  soldiers  doing  so. 

That was been said in Thai socials.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, clarky cat said:

hell doesn't exist, if it does we are living in it already

Yup; my Father always used to say the difference between Heaven and Hell is Heaven is when you're dead, perfect peace and Hell is what you live through while you're alive !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

A sad, but very predictable outcome to this horrendous crime.

My Sympathy to all Victims, Families and their Friends.

BUT, a really serious question has to be asked.

How, in Gods name, was this man able to drive out of an Army Barracks in a stolen Humvee kind of Vehicle, and fully armed with a Gun / Guns and an obviously large amount of Ammunition.

It is well known that Security at these places in Thailand is poor, because of the stream of reports about Grenades, Machine Guns , Arm Caches, Etc being discovered hidden in ditches Etc Etc Etc.

But this tragic event takes the poor Security to a whole new level.

Again, someone has to take responsibility.

As the Army are the government they must be held accountable, and a full and detailed investigation how that could have happened must be made fully public.

No civvies to blame this time.

No excuses or obfuscation. 

Time for truth and answers.

23 minutes ago, poohy said:

basically it's the government (army) investigating the army!

Nothing's going to come out they will protect themselves(government / army) at all costs.

I doubt anyone can seriously deny that

Agree,

Obvious they did not follow instructions from the Thai army commander gen Aparit Kongsompong who warned commanders to lock away their arms and amo properly. Who to blame this time, infiltrating communists ? reds Mr T ? or FFP.

3 hours ago, Yadon Toploy said:

He already posted the reasons on his Facebook page before it was taken down.

Quote (from International SKY NEWS):-

"A police officer said the suspect had been involved in an argument about a land deal and shot two people who were involved - another soldier and a woman.

He said a third person was injured".

4 minutes ago, leosurin said:

I read somewhere that he had around 700 rounds of ammunition. That should never be possible in normal peacetime circumstances.

4 minutes ago, leosurin said:

He went  take weapons in an  army  base  and killed  two  soldiers  doing  so. 

That was been said in Thai socials.

And as I've just said, that should never be possible. The armories I visit during my service career would need a platoon of soldiers to break into. A lone wolf could never achieve it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ParkerN said:

Surely there was a way to disable and capture him without killing him? It seems to me there was enough loss of life already and if he had indeed gone temporarily insane...

Oh well, Thais know best. Seems like a pity though.

Go hug a tree.  "Seems like a pity"???  What an inane comment.  I agree with your "disable and capture" part, but would add to it with, "disable and capture AND disable again, i.e., with a machete, cut off one arm (wait for the scream), cut off another arm (wait for the scream), then proceed with both legs one at a time (waiting for the screams), then kill with a bullet through the eye."  People like these have no place walking this earth. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

32 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I wonder how much of the official investigation will focus on how it was that a soldier in, what is essentially a peace time army, (with the exception of the south) was able to amass such a large amount of weaponry.

Easy to access that amount in any Army camp.. All you need is to walk into the Armoury and shoot the guy dead in there and then proceed to take what you want.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, trainman34014 said:

You forget where you are; Generals and Public Officials in this country do not take responsibility for anything other than filling their own pockets.  This will all be swept under the carpet with the 'explanation' that this Guy was Nutter high on Yaba or some other Narcotic.  Cash will be handed out to the grieving families, large numbers of Senior Army Officers and Ministers will attend Funerals with huge Wreaths and copious Wai's and that will be the end of it !

Thank you ..... that's exactly what will happen.

Pointless even discussing it now!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bell1234 said:

Why not? That is half a years wage for the average Thai.

You mean more than three times average annual salary:

Wages in Thailand decreased to 14238.13 THB/Month in the fourth quarter of 2019 from 14334.21 THB/Month in the third quarter of 2019. Thailand Average Monthly Wages - data, historical chart, and calendar of releases - was last updated on February of 2020 from its official source.

https://tradingeconomics.com/thailand/wages

Edited by Salerno
  • Confused 2

As a fully paid up member of the TVF investigative committee one thing about this "incident" makes me wonder:-

I don't use FB, but find it strange that the "perp" posted on FB in English, is this common? I don't know of any Thai's that would be capable off, nor would want to make posts in English! ????

• Haha 1

A troll post has been removed. 

A post commenting on moderation has been removed:

10) Do not comment on moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. This also includes posting an emoticon in response to a public notice made by a moderator. 

You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.