Ford Everest

20 minutes ago, Darkside Gray said:

My wife has a Everest, she loves it, keep it regularly serviced and have had no trouble what so ever from it, its a great motor. 

Women here love any wheels as long as it cost more than their friends ....????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fredob43 said:

I refer to it as lump.

I've had my Tuna just over si months. Lump is what I call mine too. Novelty has not worn off yet, I love driving it. I took it for a service at Toyota's Surat Thani head office / garage just after purchase and was very impressed with the service, professionalism, communication and relative cheapness of parts and labour.

Overall and so far, am very happy with having chosen Tuna...

2 hours ago, DJ54 said:

Found an article... I have MUX  no problems in 3 years. Only thing

can’t Find our how to adjust dash clock...

659E656A-257C-42E4-B268-DF05BCDDAB3D.jpeg

A8AB1ADF-385E-481D-84CD-53E01C627FC7.jpeg

I don't know where you got this from or how long ago??? but I have never heard of a GLX Tuna or some of the other models.

Edited by fredob43

6 hours ago, fredob43 said:

I don't know where you got this from or how long ago??? but I have never heard of a GLX Tuna or some of the other models.

Fortuner GXL is sold in Aus, spec wise it is one up from the base model (GX).

Edited by Don Mega

14 hours ago, Davedub said:

I've had my Tuna just over si months. Lump is what I call mine too. Novelty has not worn off yet, I love driving it. I took it for a service at Toyota's Surat Thani head office / garage just after purchase and was very impressed with the service, professionalism, communication and relative cheapness of parts and labour.

Overall and so far, am very happy with having chosen Tuna...

You bought parts after only 6 months......????

14 hours ago, DJ54 said:

Found an article... I have MUX  no problems in 3 years. Only thing

can’t Find our how to adjust dash clock...

659E656A-257C-42E4-B268-DF05BCDDAB3D.jpeg

A8AB1ADF-385E-481D-84CD-53E01C627FC7.jpeg

That is an Ausy comparison thingy, think stuff on the Aus market will be a bit different to LOS..

5 minutes ago, HauptmannUK said:

Fortuner and MUX drive like trucks. The Ford is definitely a nicer drive but the quality is just not there and Ford of Thailand have very poor customer service.  Toyota is head and shoulders in front on quality, so even if the ride is inferior the Toyota is the better buy.

So Ford is the best drive! Toyota is better quality! What do you mean by "better quality?"

14 minutes ago, Sametboy2019 said:

So Ford is the best drive! Toyota is better quality! What do you mean by "better quality?"

There are various definitions of quality ('fitness for purpose', 'meeting specification' etc) but in this context I would say being free from manufacturing defects and deficiencies and being reliable (low failure rate of parts).

In the past I have worked as a consultant engineer to a couple of vehicle manufacturers. I can tell you that for JLR the number of first year warranty repairs per 1000 vehicles sold is a little over 2000. For Toyota it is around 40....they are about the best in the business.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Had a Pajero for last 6 years and only thing I needed change was the battery once and the tyres once. Looked at the old ford but didn’t like cheap interior and new one looks good but weighs a tonne and has issues from various posts I have seen over last few months.

I like the fortuner looks but it drives like a bouncy tank and I hate back seat configuration but holds its value and pretty trouble free.

New pajero I hate front grill area and wheel arch design , looks like was drawn by Elon musk before his new suv design .

Get a second hand Audi Q5 or bmw in mint condition in bkk for same price as new fortuner etc .

1 minute ago, ronaldo0 said:

Had a Pajero for last 6 years and only thing I needed change was the battery once and the tyres once. Looked at the old ford but didn’t like cheap interior and new one looks good but weighs a tonne and has issues from various posts I have seen over last few months.

I like the fortuner looks but it drives like a bouncy tank and I hate back seat configuration but holds its value and pretty trouble free.

New pajero I hate front grill area and wheel arch design , looks like was drawn by Elon musk before his new suv design .

Get a second hand Audi Q5 or bmw in mint condition in bkk for same price as new fortuner etc .

I don't know where you got the Fortuner rides like a bouncy tank from....Because they don't...

Now if you drove one with the LOS mandatory 50psi in the tyres, or had heavy dity shocks fitted, it will drive like a bouncy tank....????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

I don't know where you got the Fortuner rides like a bouncy tank from....Because they don't...

Now if you drove one with the LOS mandatory 50psi in the tyres, or had heavy dity shocks fitted, it will drive like a bouncy tank....????

Your spot on there TA. My Tuna is a TRD one and they have sports suspension even those don't ride hard. Unless as you say some plonker has put 50psi in the tyres.

The best for ride quality is the Pajero as has very soft springs. But they do tend to wallow on bends. Ford, MUX, are much the same as Tuna ride wise. Yes I have driven all 4.

I might report again after my trip with family tomorrow. I shall be getting 10 peeps in my Lump 3 kids. See how it reacts to that.  

Edited by fredob43

4 hours ago, transam said:

Fortuner is built on the Hilux platform, albeit with coil springs and trailing arms at the back. Its still a pretty agricultural ride. They are tough though.

16 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

Fortuner is built on the Hilux platform, albeit with coil springs and trailing arms at the back. Its still a pretty agricultural ride. They are tough though.

The Fortuner chassis is shorter...2745mm as apposed to the Hilux 3085mm, which with the coils makes for a totally different ride..

3 hours ago, transam said:

The Fortuner chassis is shorter...2745mm as apposed to the Hilux 3085mm, which with the coils makes for a totally different ride..

I'm familiar with both - they are both built on the Toyota IMV platform, as is the Innova.  The front suspension is essentially the same but obviously it rides better than the Hilux thanks to rear coils.  You still have a solid rear axle and there is an awful lot of unsprung mass back there. The Fortuner is a good solid car but let's not pretend its something that its not. Its a Thai-designed and cheap to build vehicle aimed primarily at developing countries.

11 minutes ago, HauptmannUK said:

I'm familiar with both - they are both built on the Toyota IMV platform, as is the Innova.  The front suspension is essentially the same but obviously it rides better than the Hilux thanks to rear coils.  You still have a solid rear axle and there is an awful lot of unsprung mass back there. The Fortuner is a good solid car but let's not pretend its something that its not. Its a Thai-designed and cheap to build vehicle aimed primarily at developing countries.

Aren't most SUV's available/built in LOS cheap to build.....?

The latest offering has a lot of Aus involvement, so I read.

So, what "is not" about the Fortuner....?