Terminal 21 Korat to reopen on February 13

webfact

Terminal 21 Korat to reopen on February 13

By THE NATION

800_22684482f53281e.jpg?v=1581393901

A Nakhon Ratchasima shopping centre that was the scene of a mass shooting over the last weekend, resulting in 30 deaths and 58 injured, is scheduled to reopen on Thursday (February 13).

Facebook page @TeeneeNakhonratchasima announced on Tuesday (February 11) that Terminal 21 Korat will reopen on February 13. There will be an alms-giving ceremony for Buddhist monks from 9am. All are welcome to join the ceremony to make merit in memory of the deceased.

Terminal 21 Korat is managed by Siam Retail Development and named after the company’s Terminal 21 Asoke Shopping Mall in Bangkok. The Bt6-billion shopping mall is located on 32 rai of land in Muang district of Nakhon Ratchasima and was officially opened on December 19, 2016.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30381941

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-02-11
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Change the sign tonight, open tomorrow.  

We don't own the building, or a business inside, and it would be strange if it was closed for a month.  Seems very quick, but I don't take it as disrespectful to the victims, so I'll chalk it up to "This is Thailand."  

4 minutes ago, graemeaylward said:

Surely it will take more than 4 days to complete all the forensics involved in such a large area! Not to mention cleaning up after the forensics have been collected!

you would think so but the Erawan Shrine Bangkok bombing was cleaned up by the next morning. 

Remember the BBC reporter who found human remains in a tree?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Terminal 21 can reopen but it will never be busy again.

Many shops in there will soon close, due to lack of customers.

Saturdays incident has terrified many people, and they will never set foot in there again.

I've been wondering about that aspect. Thais tend in general to be superstitious people. And I dunno if some monks' chanting is going to be enough to wash away the stain of all the dead bodies and blood left there.

Just in similar vein, I had a Thai GF once who refused to stay in a particular beachfront hotel in Phuket years after the tsunami because she heard that some people had died there. Ended up having to book a different place, because the GF at the time absolutely refused. Ghosts of the dead, you see....

Dunno which is going to win out in the end... fear... or food court???

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Terminal 21 can reopen but it will never be busy again.

Many shops in there will soon close, due to lack of customers.

Saturdays incident has terrified many people, and they will never set foot in there again.

Think a little Colin;
especially not to miss Valentine's Day 

When you are told that the only god here is money :post-4641-1156693976:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, graemeaylward said:

Surely it will take more than 4 days to complete all the forensics involved in such a large area! Not to mention cleaning up after the forensics have been collected!

Forensics? Are you living in Europe?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, neeray said:

13 ......... That's quite the date to reopen on. I think February 14 would have been much more appropriate if it must be so soon.

I agree - But! I bet they have a valentines special or some other nonsense planned for the day after?

Edited by CGW