Wallpaper in Bangkok

Lazy Sod

On 2/12/2020 at 8:33 PM, Metropolitian said:

Go to Impact Expo in Muangtong tani (Nonthaburi, on the border with Bangkok) as there is a Bangkok Expo running, and if I am not mistaken there was a company with a pile of wallpapers for sale.

Was there again yesterday and only one small vendor with wallpaper (sticker).
This expo is not worth an visit now from afar, only two halls.

At another point in the year another exhibitor has more halls occupied, there was that company before (occurring) that has real wallpapers (those which you need smear/roll on sticky 'glue').

There is an installation service cuz Farang cannot get a work permit to put up wallpaper. Restricted occupation and all that.

You want wallpaper in this humidity? How long before it rots?

Never ceases to amaze me how some still try to live like a Farang here.

Jesus, they will want carpet next.... which gets full of bugs, need you ask.

Edited by DaRoadrunner

10 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

You want wallpaper in this humidity? How long before it rots?

Why would vinyl wallpaper rot? It certainly never did in other humid countries I’ve been to. There isn’t much and you need to be careful that you glue the seams correctly, but done right it’s no problem.

I always ordered ours from Homepro. Took a week to arrive and I always hang it myself.

If hanging in the hot season you have to work fast since the water in the paste evaporates quickly. To counter this either damp the section of wall you are working on beforehand or even better paste both the wall and the paper.

Never had any wallpaper rot here. 

As for Da roadrunners comment I usually do just a panel here and there to break up the monotony of a painted wall.

The Thais who see it are amazed that a falang can know the esoteric art of hanging wallpaper.

bike 001.jpg

bike 005.jpg

• Like 1