Pattaya: New motorway set to open! Free in May - 130 baht from Bangkok to U-Tapao in August

webfact

Pattaya: New motorway set to open! Free in May - 130 baht from Bangkok to U-Tapao in August

4pm1.jpg

Picture: We Love Pattaya

The new section of motorway from Pattaya to Maptaphut is very nearly ready for service.

We Love Pattaya said on Facebook that the highways department have been speeding up and are bang on schedule.

Trial runs for free can be made in May when the new section will be open to the public.

4pm2.jpg

Picture: We Love Pattaya

In August the full toll from Bangkok to U-Tapao, where there is an airport, will be 130 baht.

The media said that the new road is part of the economic and tourism development of the Eastern Economic Corridor that includes Pattaya and the eastern seaboard.

Connections from the airport to an industrial estate will be following in the future as the EEC plans take shape.

Source: We Love Pattaya

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-02-14

3 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Hopefully it will reduce the number of police victims on Sukhumvit.

Police vistims becuase many tourists want to drive motor cycle without a license. Yes, yes, yes many Thais also don't have licenses. But it is their country and they should get some concessions. Why farangs will enjoy they same concessions?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

Hopefully it will reduce the number of police victims on Sukhumvit.

They  often set up a stop heading south very near to those red and white barriers seen in the photo above in the mornings

then in the evening going north at the police box just before the Ambassador hotel...they seem to like "white faces"  but will stop  Thais not wearing a helmet too.

4 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I guess if one is driving to Rayong or Sattahip, this will save some time.

But, I do not get the excitement of their comments of taking it from BKK to UTP.

Maybe I am missing something.  If a person is in BKK with 2 much larger airports and flight options, why drive 90 minutes+ to UTP for a flight?

Maybe they are going the other way, desperately needing to get away from the eastern seaboard?

Rooster

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I guess if one is driving to Rayong or Sattahip, this will save some time.

But, I do not get the excitement of their comments of taking it from BKK to UTP.

Maybe I am missing something.  If a person is in BKK with 2 much larger airports and flight options, why drive 90 minutes+ to UTP for a flight?

flight times from U T P might suit anyone driving down to U T P !!!

21 hours ago, johng said:

They  often set up a stop heading south very near to those red and white barriers seen in the photo above in the mornings

then in the evening going north at the police box just before the Ambassador hotel...they seem to like "white faces"  but will stop  Thais not wearing a helmet too.

They never once set up shop outside their own station by the Courts to catch the five red light runners at every change; nor the speedsters bombing past at 150 kph.  Loss of revenue more important than loss of life.

The offence of 'Driving while in possession of a white face' is soon to be included in the newly re-written constitution.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

They never once set up shop outside their own station by the Courts to catch the five red light runners at every change; nor the speedsters bombing past at 150 kph.  Loss of revenue more important than loss of life.

The offence of 'Driving while in possession of a white face' is soon to be included in the newly re-written constitution.

use some make up on face.....brown or black then !!

Edited by tinca tinca
wrong spelling

2 hours ago, tinca tinca said:

flight times from U T P might suit anyone driving down to U T P !!!

Driving to UTP for what?

The flights are very limited from UTP.  Why would someone spend 1000 b + on a taxi and 90+ minutes when 20 times the number of flights (chiang mai for example) to similar and many more destinations are leaving from BKK airports?

But, good luck with it if it makes sense to you.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Driving to UTP for what?

The flights are very limited from UTP.  Why would someone spend 1000 b + on a taxi and 90+ minutes when 20 times the number of flights (chiang mai for example) to similar and many more destinations are leaving from BKK airports?

But, good luck with it if it makes sense to you.

good for us that live near to utp to get to Bangkok or bkk, saving maybe 20/25 minutes off the journey via the 3, 332, 331, 36 roads

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, steve187 said:

good for us that live near to utp to get to Bangkok or bkk, saving maybe 20/25 minutes off the journey via the 3, 332, 331, 36 roads

That's about 5.77 baht cost per minute in time you save.  No problem for farang, but will the Thai's pay to use it?  

Edited by Leaver

3 minutes ago, Leaver said:
21 minutes ago, steve187 said:

That's about 5.77 baht cost per minute in time you save.  No problem for farang, but will the Thai's use it?

Yes your right, I often use the highways in Thailand, and very rarely see any Thais using them. ( sarcasm )

By the way his savings are much higher,  because 130 Baht is the price for the whole trajectory, and before the highway opens he has to pay from road #36 to Bangkok anyway.

Not sure how much that is but I think easily half of that 130 Baht

1 minute ago, Susco said:

Yes your right, I often use the highways in Thailand, and very rarely see any Thais using them. ( sarcasm )

By the way his savings are much higher,  because 130 Baht is the price for the whole trajectory, and before the highway opens he has to pay from road #36 to Bangkok anyway.

I didn't take into account gasoline savings blah blah.  It's all small baht for farang.

I don't care either way if the Thai's use it, or not.

I just posed the question to the thread if members think Thai's will pay 130 baht to use it, and if they don't, that makes for a long motorway white elephant.

Time will tell. 

9 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I just posed the question to the thread if members think Thai's will pay 130 baht to use it, and if they don't, that makes for a long motorway white elephant.

Nobody has to pay 130 Baht because the new part of the highway is less than half of that.

Take note, Steve187's 25 minutes saving is from Utapoa to where the now already existing highway starts

Edited by Susco

37 minutes ago, Susco said:

its 100 thb at the moment from the 36 to bkk, so its an extra 30 baht

• Thanks 1