German man, 34, dies after refusing hospital visit following Pattaya condo fall

webfact

German man, 34, dies after refusing hospital visit following Pattaya condo fall

91.jpg

Picture: Siam Chon News

Siam Chon News reported that a 34 year old German man jumped from a fourth floor balcony around 5 am this morning after arguing with his Thai girlfriend.

Rescue services and police found Andreas R. by the side of Laguna Bay 1 condominium in Soi 5 on Pratumnak Hill.

He was crying out in agony from a broken left arm sustained in the fall from Room 407's balcony.

But he refused to allow the authorities to take him to hospital.

Rescue services were called again later to hear that things had taken a turn for the worse - the victim was now dead.

Distraught girlfriend Srijantha, 26, said they had been arguing. He had threatened to jump many times before but never did.

This time he carried out his threat and after he jumped she ran down and called the authorities.

Source: Siam Chon News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-02-17

34 minutes ago, sanemax said:

can they force injured people to go to hospital ?

In a word, no.

They can explain the possible consequences of not going.

I imagine there are situations in which they can compel someone to go to, for example, a hospital that treats those with mental health issues if that person was hassling others or being a public nuisance - but this was not such a case.

Edited by mstevens
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

How sad. All too often, suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Do you think a normal person would just jump out of a window after an argument? Mental Illness is a big factor in suicides,its real and its happening to thousands of people everyday and sadly,some don't even know they have an illness.The only other two reason probably drunk or drugged off his head.

Edited by geoff65

2 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

How sad. All too often, suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Unfortunately the problem is not always temporary. Many have a permanent problem with mental illness that in many cases lead to suicide.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, geoff65 said:

Do you think a normal person would just jump out of a window after an argument? Mental Illness is a big factor in suicides,its real and its happening to thousands of people everyday and sadly,some don't even know they have an illness.The only other two reason probably drunk or drugged off his head.

I doubt that it was a mental illness. But you might be right if you call love a mental illness. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lanng khao said:

Very sad, what state of mind must you be in to do that, I can't comprehend it I'm too much of a schithouse to take those steps.. Rip German man..

Poor guy probably thought his gf would give a s#!t

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

"If you don´t do what I want, I will punish you with jumping out of the window what will hurt and perhaps kill me". How stupid is that?!?! 

This evening I will tell my wife: "If you don´t cook a Tom Kha Gai for me, I will destroy my car". 

I hope you wife enjoys driving the new car.  ????

Am I missing something?

He jumps, and sustains a broken arm.  (extremely lucky to even be alive)

He is conscious enough to communicate to police he does not want to go to hospital.  Police leave the scene. (although they should have taken him to hospital under mental health legislation)

They return later and he is dead.

Did he go back to the room and jump again, or they left him laying there from the first jump, and he eventually died from it? 

21 minutes ago, daoyai said:

they will gather as much personal info. on their emotionally vulnerable BF or hubby as possible

And gather as much of their money as they can as well.

When the requests for money is eventually denied, probably because there is nothing more left to give, the girl ends the relationship, and at that very point, the penny drops on the victim that the relationship was only ever about the girl extracting money from him, and a quick onset of intense depression comes over the victim, which results in many incidents like this.  

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 1