German man, 34, dies after refusing hospital visit following Pattaya condo fall

webfact

9 minutes ago, Leaver said:

And gather as much of their money as they can as well.

When the requests for money is eventually denied, probably because there is nothing more left to give, the girl ends the relationship, and at that very point, the penny drops on the victim that the relationship was only ever about the girl extracting money from him, and a quick onset of intense depression comes over the victim, which results in many incidents like this.  

So very true and summed up so well. Many of us would know that feeling, you were just another stupid customer. I saw a post a few years back I thought was great for newbies. Had a list of giveaways one of them being is she interested in your other family members, your hobbies? That sort of stuff. Was gold. My first relationship here was living back home and returning every three months or so. I saw all the signs but kept fooling myself, looking for reasons to justify to myself her actions. I haven't seen her for three months why does all she want to do is sleep? And why is she sleeping over the other side of the bed? And why does her English seem to be improving and her sexual skills have become more "professional". Must be cultural.  

23 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

Had a list of giveaways one of them being is she interested in your other family members, your hobbies? That sort of stuff. Was gold.

Only one giveaway needed, her facebook page (the one she's logged into on her phone).

Sneak a look at it, and if there are no photos of you on the pages, you aren't important to her.

(It doesn't work if you ask to see her FB page, as she'll have another account)

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

They are essentially the very bottom of society here as are their families.

You forgot us white guys, we're nearest the very bottom, with only Indians below.

Sad he's dead at 34, but I guess it was his choice.

Edited by BritManToo

1 hour ago, daoyai said:

Because many Thai girls have serious personality disorders such as NPD,  being the most common,  they will gather as much personal info. on their emotionally vulnerable BF or hubby as possible and then store it for later weaponization.

Fun catching them at it though.

24 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Only one giveaway needed, her facebook page (the one she's logged into on her phone).

Sneak a look at it, and if there are no photos of you on the pages, you aren't important to her.

(It doesn't work if you ask to see her FB page, as she'll have another account)

Good place to start but you can almost guarantee if she is a Pattaya girl you wont be on her FB and she will be "single" status, and as you said she will have at least 2 or 3 accounts. Usually her genuine one for her friends and family up country and her bargirl Pattaya FB page. Mate of mine swears by checking their Google translate history ???????? They are smart enough to delete messages etc but usually translate history always there if they are chatting to another farang.

I think in any case us guys who have been there, there were so many warning signs and red flags anyway we logically knew weren't right. Looking back I was delusional 

Edited by Kenny202

Not being a Thai reader, I can't tell if there were other witnesses beside the girlfriend. 

I've always contended that if I wanted to murder someone, I'd invite them to Thailand, push them off a balcony (easy to do with the low railings) or hang them with their hands tied and wait for the BIB to declare suicide.

I'm not claiming that was the case here.  I wasn't there, and the fact that he declined treatment casts some doubt.  But I sure hope the BIB is doing at least some investigation.

11 hours ago, sanemax said:

can they force injured people to go to hospital ?

In the US usually no unless the person has a history of mental disease. If Medical aid is  called say for an overdose or poison ingestion  and the person has refused treatment they have to wait untill the person passes out and can no longer refuse help. 

7 hours ago, geoff65 said:

Do you think a normal person would just jump out of a window after an argument? Mental Illness is a big factor in suicides,its real and its happening to thousands of people everyday and sadly,some don't even know they have an illness.The only other two reason probably drunk or drugged off his head.

Depends what you mean by "normal". Only around half of individuals who commit suicide have pre-existing mental health problems.

I personally know people who contemplated or attempted suicide while under unbearable stress, who are now extremely glad they lived to tell the tale.

Edited by Krataiboy

17 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

"If you don´t do what I want, I will punish you with jumping out of the window what will hurt and perhaps kill me". How stupid is that?!?! 

This evening I will tell my wife: "If you don´t cook a Tom Kha Gai for me, I will destroy my car". 

Can't fix stupid

15 hours ago, Leaver said:

Am I missing something?

He jumps, and sustains a broken arm.  (extremely lucky to even be alive)

He is conscious enough to communicate to police he does not want to go to hospital.  Police leave the scene. (although they should have taken him to hospital under mental health legislation)

They return later and he is dead.

Did he go back to the room and jump again, or they left him laying there from the first jump, and he eventually died from it? 

The 4th floor is right at the borderline height of guaranteed results....So no doubt he smashed his head and died from bleeding in the brain....

On 2/17/2020 at 11:54 AM, RotBenz8888 said:

Hard to avoid hitting your head in a jump like that, could be an intracranial hemorrhage. But since he refuse to come along, maybe he was determined and did  something more to himself. RIP.

broken arm does NOT cause death.....something else happened to this guy...

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, tinca tinca said:
On 2/17/2020 at 11:54 AM, RotBenz8888 said:

Hard to avoid hitting your head in a jump like that, could be an intracranial hemorrhage. But since he refuse to come along, maybe he was determined and did  something more to himself. RIP.

You read the quote you responded to, right ????

Hard to avoid hitting your head in a jump like that, could be an intracranial hemorrhage

Something else probably did happen to this guy... i.e. head impact, intracranial haemorrhage.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Hospitals are for those contracting diseases and injured by accident.  This is neither

Are you the authority on what hospitals are for and that only those injured by accident can attend?

A rather flawed and highly sanctimonious response.... what about those attacked deliberately? do they fall within your self-legislated hospital remit?

Hospitals are for treating anyone in need of treatment without *prejudice

*although some private hospitals employ financial prejudice. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

Damn n I thought I was dysfunctional! Pattaya a world class haven for drunks, drug dealers, bikie terrorists, murderers, sex addicts (yeah I qualify), and relationship dependents. ‘ oh she doesn’t like me anymore, I can’t stand ya separating, she’s leaving me, etc etc.’ I know the solution jumping the balcony that’ll make her see sense and just how much I love her (?) and need her (dependent).

Edited by Tropposurfer
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, tinca tinca said:

No, but if you read my post again, i mentioned a possible intracranial hemorrhage. A subdural hematoma is a bleeding often caused by head trauma, leading to a slowly increasing collection of blood, putting pressure to the brain and could cause death if not evacuated. A typical case (not saying this case) is an alcoholic who has fallen and hit his head,  due to alcoholic brain shrinkage, the venous blood vessels are stretched and particularly vulnerable to even minor head traumas. Unfortunately overlooked if the person is drunk.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

Damn n I thought I was dysfunctional! Pattaya a world class haven for drunks, drug dealers, bikie terrorists, murderers, sex addicts (yeah I qualify), and relationship dependents. ‘ oh she doesn’t like me anymore, I can’t stand ya separating, she’s leaving me, etc etc.’ I know the solution jumping the balcony that’ll make her see sense and just how much I love her (?) and need her (dependent).

I resent your insinuation of me .....  I'm not a murderer, drug dealer or a bikie ..... ????

• Haha 1

And he had 2 beautiful kids who I understand loved him saw 1 only 10 mths old in a local bar last night his GF was staying upstairs while her sister was consoling a 10 month old who was crying was told he was a good papa none of the girls could understand why it happened but it does seem the broken arm was the initial injury then just died after medics left the scene didn't know the guy but RIP

On 2/17/2020 at 1:28 AM, webfact said:

He had threatened to jump many times before but never did.

propably she gave him the "silent treatment"

On 2/17/2020 at 3:36 AM, mauGR1 said:

We live in a crazy world, one has just to wonder what is going on in some people's minds.

no, we live in a normal world with some crazy people around.