Let me go and I'll give you a million bucks! Koh Phangan police not interested in UK/Israeli drug guy's bribe attempt

webfact

2 hours ago, Ventenio said:

Why not take the 1 million and then say, "Sorry, we don't accept bribes!!  Lock him up!!!"

I'm sure they will take everything from his house......plus have him politely tell them his bank account information.   He's definitely not cash poor.......  

but soon to be seriously freedom poor..

2 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

So you expect me to believe that a cop - a THAI cop - turned down a million dollars - roughly 30 million Thai baht?  Ok, I'll buy it, but also believe in the Tooth Fairy, Santa Clause, And that the moon is made out of green cheese, 

He's obviously a renegade Thai or after raiding the suspects house and bank accounts they will possibly get more than that after dividing it up and offering a sample (20% of the total) to the courts as evidence.

Put him away but with that kind of money he will be out soon.....either released on bail like those cops who were given the death penalty for killing a youth....or bribing some guards to look the other way while he jumps the fence.

If they have any sense they will take all his money away.

52 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

I do not believe a word of this so called attempted bribe of a Million Dollars

seems to be true. this idiot comes from a very rich family in israel.

so what is he doing selling drugs in a party island?

well, maybe smoked too much of his stuff...or got too many heads from 

russian girlfriends that sucked his brains out !!

https://en.globes.co.il/en/article-yohai-gild-arrested-for-drug-dealing-in-thailand-1001318530

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Jacobi Barnes said:

This is why you NEVER EVER flaunt your wealth. NEVER. You only flaunt your wealth if you've earned your money legitimately ( which is 100% never the case if you're driving around in Lamborghinis). Even some of my friends that are legit Silicon Valley billionaires drive Hondas and Toyotas. In Silicon Valley, people actually look down on you if you're too flashy. It's consider low-status / thuggish / trashy to drive around in a Ferraris and Lambos. You get labeled as a "tool" or "douche bag". In Thailand, people are still heavily under the influence of materialism and actually look up to people that "seem rich" but those days are long gone in America. 

The most successful international crime lords live a very simple life, they live completely underneath the radar. You would never know they're wealthy.

One of America's most notorious crime lords, Frank Lucas, got caught because he went out partying one night and wore a fancy mink coat to a night club. Paparazzi caught his image and the FEEB was like "Who is this guy in the mink coat?" and started looking into him. Boom, game over. He would live to forever regret the night he let his model wife pressure him into wearing that mink coat. RULE OF THUMB: Always pretend to be poor, even when you're fabulously rich.

Agreed,

But kind of takes the fun out of having the dosh in the first place!????

Edited by Scouse123

48 minutes ago, Jacobi Barnes said:

He would live to forever regret the night he let his model wife pressure him into wearing that mink coat. RULE OF THUMB: Always pretend to be poor, even when you're fabulously rich.

Guy wears a mink coat, he should get the chair.  No matter how he got his money.

As far as the OP- did they catch a bad guy, or just get rid of some competition?  Or 2 birds with one stone?  I can see where they'd refuse a million dollar bribe if the guy was costing someone in charge billions in lost business.

Edited by impulse

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Guy wears a mink coat, he should get the chair.  No matter how he got his money.

As far as the OP- did they catch a bad guy, or just get rid of some competition?  Or 2 birds with one stone?  I can see where they'd refuse a million dollar bribe if the guy was costing someone in charge billions in lost business.

He should get the chair for wearing a Mink coat???  What the hell does that mean?

9 hours ago, zyphodb said:

Well according to this he's been released on bail so he'll be long gone & the BIB will get the bail money, which won't be small, plus confiscating all his assets, so probably more than one million by the sound of it...

I wonder if the BIB will get to keep his six Russian girlfriends?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Intrepidman said:

I'm guessing the million isn't currently available to stuff Into a brown envelope

Guess he was waiting on that million when they arrested him, he had the drugs and was waiting for the buyer who gave BIB the tip.

The drug dealer goes to Bangkok Hilton for a very long time and somebody suddenly and unexpected get rich.

Drug dealers don't deposit money in banks or keep it in the house, they stash it somewhere on the island.

He paid down 2M on a 30M real estate purchase and offered 1M USD in bribes? Guess he only could guarantee a much smaller amount 'right away'.

Interesting still, how people like that, with 6 girlfriends and enough cahsflow, somehow stay in Thailand while there is loads of better / safer options.

It is some how a set-up for sure, he wasn't doing all this without previous agreements that had became invalid from start of that raid.
Get rid of him and continue without + all profits from his belongings.

Typical Thai (mafia) style. Only safe until a better deal is offered / on the table. Same as the girls.

Edited by ChaiyaTH