Future Forward asks court to dismiss loan case

webfact

Future Forward asks court to dismiss loan case 

By The Nation

800_422573269aad900.jpg?v=1582013765

Piyabutr Saengkanokkul

Future Forward Party secretary-general Piyabutr Saengkanokkul came out today (February 18) to rebut the Bt191-million loan accusation against the party before a hearing takes place on February 21.

Piyabutr said Future Forward was approved as an official party on October 3, 2018, and immediately began a campaign seeking funds and donations “since the law of political parties and elections required parties to take several steps in order to propose candidates”.

Meanwhile, the National Council for Peace and Order forbade political activities and the Election Commission (EC) ordered parties to only receive donations from their executive boards, so Future Forward had to wait until December 2018 before the political limitation was lifted, Piyabutr said.

He said political parties could take loans since they were not income or donations but debt.

Moreover, the EC procedure was unjustified, since it did not give his party an opportunity to explain their actions, Piyabutr added.

He said the Constitutional Court cannot dissolve the party based on Section 210 of the Constitution since the dissolution verdict only appears in Section 92. He therefore asked the court to dismiss the case.

Regarding other accusations under Section 62, 66 and 72, Piyabutr confirmed that the Future Forward Party did not violate the Constitution and any penalty under those sections would not result in dissolution.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30382331

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-02-18

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Moreover, the EC procedure was unjustified, since it did not give his party an opportunity to explain their actions, Piyabutr added.

since the EC is controlled by Prayut's gang, they will find many ways to justify their procedures, your party on the other hand will not have any opportunity to defend itself,... that's sad but that's the law of the "jungle", they have the guns, you  don't

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

But that's how everything works here isn't it? Rules, regulations and laws deliberately a mix of vague or overly flowery in the way they're written so they can be interpreted and applied or not dependent on the desired outcome of any given situation or case. Add to that the must never challenge or criticize your boss and must keep face above all else and voila!

I'm amazed.  You didn't say "Thaksin" even once in your post.  ????

16 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

I did quote on here some months ago that I did not understand the reason for the prosecution as this was qualified as a loan with 7% interest and not a gift or donation from the leader of the party, as to saying his income was dodgy and could not be verified or confirmed, he's a successful businessman for crying out loud, what is wrong with these morons ???? Thick as two bricks.

In the same way he either transferred shares before the deadline to comply with the rules or he didn't. In this case too, you'd think it would be pretty black or white. Is it a loan or not.

But it never is hear. Is it a loan or was it funding dressed up as a loan? etc etc etc.

All part of helping the wheels to come off the bus!

16 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

I did quote on here some months ago that I did not understand the reason for the prosecution as this was qualified as a loan with 7% interest and not a gift or donation from the leader of the party, as to saying his income was dodgy and could not be verified or confirmed, he's a successful businessman for crying out loud, what is wrong with these morons ???? Thick as two bricks.

Yup. Normal for Thailand. Feel sorry for the people who have to shake Prayuth's hand and smile at the beggar when they meet him on gatherings of heads of government. Their feelings about doing that are manifest in their body language. Not good, Lots of disdain, their assessment of Thai people based on this one guy is not known but inferences can be drawn.

Edited by ParkerN

23 minutes ago, TheAppletons said:

I'm amazed.  You didn't say "Thaksin" even once in your post.  ????

Didn't see a mention about being thick as 2 short planks either, but I suppose that applies to most if not all Thais so it might have been assumed rather then stated. Modest accomplishments at best.

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't see his original post - he's on my permanent ignore list for his quaint fixation on Thaksin.

Edited by ParkerN
  • Like 1