THAI waives change fee on flights to Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore

webfact

THAI waives change fee on flights to Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore

800_f833e4327f1c817.jpg?v=1582185380

Thai Airways International (THAI) is offering its passengers a change fee waiver and reroutIng for passengers holding THAI tickets, due to the outbreak of the novel coronavirus 2019 (Covid-19).

It is applicable for THAI roundtrip tickets and roundtrip codeshare flights with THAI Smile to Tokyo (Narita, Haneda), Osaka, Fukuoka, Nagoya, Sapporo, Sendai, Seoul, Busan, Taipei, Kaohsiung and Singapore, as well as roundtrip codeshare flights with THAI Smile to and from Chiang Mai- Kaohsiung.

Passengers with tickets issued by THAI on February 18 or before, with travel date between February 18 and March 31 may change flights or reroute before the ticket's expiry date and/or issue for extension of ticket's expiry date to June 30 whereby change fee will be waived, but terms and conditions apply. 

Bookings must be changed prior to the date of flight departure and passengers may make ticket changes at any THAI sales office, on thaiairways.com, or through the THAI Contact Centre Tel. 0-2356-1111, 24 hours a day.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30382488

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-02-20

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is a reasonable gesture given the future uncertainty - maybe it will be extended should the situation extend beyond that?  I hope other airlines can also start thinking about their PR perspective. Just what should airlines do?! I have heard people could lose all their fare fees due to cancellations and /or advisory travel conditions - travel insured or not.