Online payment no being accepted

4MyEgo

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, if not, Mods please move to appropriate forum thanks.

I recently booked my international airline tickets with Thai airways as they have a sale on at the moment, however when it comes to payment, I enter the details of my SCB debit card and submit it, the window then goes to the usual, wait while we process and nothing happens, I mean how long does one wait, have been at it for 4 hours, rebooking, and talking to Thai, who say they can do it, but it's 300 baht per ticket x 6.

What's the point of having a website to book on if your going to charge me, especially after I have told you what the F has been going on. Got stung years ago with Jetstar who didn't tell me there was going to be a charge when there website also had problems, once bitten, a little smarter second time around.

Anyone care to assist, I am running Google Chrome, and never had an issue with making payments from this card, could it be my end or the ones who transfer the money like SCB ?

Excuse my rant, am just about over Thai Airways at the moment. I have till 1500 tomorrow to make the payment online....lol ????

Edited by 4MyEgo

3 hours ago, karibu said:

All Thai websites are the same 

I've decided if in this climate, a big airline such as Thai Airways cannot sort it's own computer issues, by taking the booking over the phone as I suggested, without the charge, then why should I bother.

Come 1500 tomorrow the booking will go back to them for someone else to try and book.

That's just under 100,000 baht the airline just lost (no doubt someone else will book), this client who once used to use them as his preferred carrier a while ago, let them go as they became pricey, and now that they have reduced their fares, only because of the Caronavirus, they can't get their computers to work to accept payment, not my problem anymore, wasted enough time thinking it was at my end, and the lack of "thinking outside the square" by staff, well, nuff said ????

Will be looking at other airline alternatives, never had an issue booking with other airlines with the same card, albeit it one has a franchise here, i.e. Jetstar although a budget carrier, still gets me to where I want to go.

I've just recently changed the banks and I'm now a satisfied customer of SCB.

My former Bangkok Bank account always created problems and I could never get my online payments working!!

At the time when one good looking employee opened my new account, another stunner put their SCB application on my Samsung phone.

I can now top up any phones, no matter what provider, pay my electricity and water bills.

But I can also pay for flights and anything else by using this application. You can get it here in English: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.scb.phone&hl=en

Edited by Isaanbiker
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1