Tourist Visa Question

Has anyone had any problems with getting a tourist visa in Savannakhet without proof of funds and an onward travel ticket out of Thailand?

On my last visa run to Ranong March 17 I had put Nong Khai as my departure point instead of Mukhdahan on the white ticket ( TM 6 ) will this present a problem? I already have 2x30 day V/E entries and would rather get a tourist visa this time. Thank you in advance for advice and information.

I did the JackGolf visa run to Savannakhet about 1 week ago. No proof of funds, no outbound ticket. 60 days tourist visa granted. I 2* visa exemptions previously..

You sure you are not confused with Aranyaprathet/Poipet?

Added 5 minutes later:

Yep. You did mean wrote you wrote. How long Jackgolf been doing this run? I suppose if business is down from 30day visa runner they are seeking alternatives.

Edited by ChokChaiChas

You get a 60 day visa at a Consulate such as Savannakhet and the tour companies do run a service there so am quite sure poster is correct.

Indeed. After my first reply the penny dropped that he stated receiving a visa. So I did what I should have done before posting and checked facts. Always a wise precaution!!!!.

You get a 60 day visa at a Consulate such as Savannakhet and the tour companies do run a service there so am quite sure poster is correct.

Indeed. After my first reply the penny dropped that he stated receiving a visa. So I did what I should have done before posting and checked facts. Always a wise precaution!!!!.

Thanks guys much appreciated and very helpful info: I didn't know Jack Golf did a run there. Engrin What did the service include and how much was the total cost?

Thanx once again

JACK'S

60DAYS TOURIST VISA

TOUR TO LAOS

This tour is to acquiring a single entry of Thailand tourist visa which allows you to stay 60 days and can be extended 30 more days at immigration bureau.

We go to the border SVANNAKHET, which is located 680km away from Bangkok.Not only getting visa, but we want you to enjoy this trip! We prepare room in No.1 and 2 hotel in this town with various kinds of delicious food.

Every SUNDAY&MONDAY&TUESDAY&WEDNESDAY

6,600 + 3photos

Japanese, Filipino, Malaysian, Singaporean 5,600B+2 photo

Non Immgrant O/B 8,000B+3photo

Reservation Necessary!

Included: 60days Thai tourist visa, Laos visa, Transportation, 6 meals, accommodation fee, boarders entrance fee, guide assistance, insurance--everything.

Schedule Day1 21:00 Meeting at Jack's Golf office

( Sukhumivit Plaza 3F soi 12)

22:00 Departure

Day2 06:00 Arrive at MUKDAHAN, a boarder of THAI side

Breakfast (Buffet at Mukdahan Grand Hotel)

09:30 Arrive at SAVANNAKHET,Entry LAOS

10:30 Arrive at Thai consulate apply visa

11:30 Lunch (Laos food at Lao Lao Der Guest House)

13:00 Check in Hoong Thip Hotel

* Private room available in extra charge (400B)

**free time**

18:00 Dinner (BBQ Party!)

Day3 07:00 Breakfast (Continental Set at Hotel)

11:00 Check out hotel

11:30 Lunch (Western food)

14:00 Pick up passport & visa- Entry Thai

15:00 Departure from MUKDAHAN

18:30 Dinner (Isan food)

24:00 Arrive at BANGKOK

Schedule might be changed depending on the condition of the consulate or other factors.

*You need more than 6 months before expiration date of your passport. And need more than 2 whole pages and space for 4 stamps.

*Please bring your passport & 3 photos (3cmx4cm) by 3 business days in advance for Laos visa application.

*Full payment will be needed when you bring passport.

*In case No-show, we will ask you 10% of whole fee as a cancel charge.

*We go by V.I.P. VAN or BUS.

CONTACT NUMBER 02-251-1950

from the website...

One point or 2 points, the tuk tuk drivers will try to make it sound like there is a great nightlife there but there isn't. It's a pretty boring place!! They worked us for 100baht each for the night. There were four of us, so 400baht, quite steep. There are some bars in town but they are very tame, at least the beer is cheap though...We also rented a motorbike the next day to check out the market which was not as good as a lot of the markets here in Thailand. Oh and the food was way below expectations. They cut all the corners with taste and quality.

Edited by engrin

One point or 2 points, the tuk tuk drivers will try to make it sound like there is a great nightlife there but there isn't. It's a pretty boring place!! They worked us for 100baht each for the night. There were four of us, so 400baht, quite steep. There are some bars in town but they are very tame, at least the beer is cheap though...We also rented a motorbike the next day to check out the market which was not as good as a lot of the markets here in Thailand. Oh and the food was way below expectations. They cut all the corners with taste and quality.

Thanks for the info Engrin as it will be my first time to Savannakhet also thanx to Lopburi as my question is about Tourist visa and Savannakhet ( in fact there were two questions but perhaps the second one will not present any problems ). My remark about 2x 30days v/e was merely an intro to try and present my particular situation incase it had any influence on visa issuance in the light of any present changes that may take place albeit it at the last minute. Astral first let me say that I did not wish my question to appear to be about 30 day V/E and unreservedly apologise if it gave you that impression, secondly I do have the utmost respect for the people who run and moderate this site and make their experience / knowledge available to all.

Once again thank you for your advice