Anybody Else Playing Pristontale?

Ian_B

At first it was just my wife who was hopelessy addicted to this online RPG but after being driven insane with her spending all day playing it I finally gave it a go myself last week.

Now I too am addicted to this bloody game... is anybody from here logging onto it? You can find me on the Zeus Server under the character name Ian (original eh?)

I am just glad thay shut down the servers at 10pm or I'd never sleep!

Cheers

Ian

I understand your addiction too.

For the past many weeks, most of my days consist of going from working on my computer to playing Warcraft 3 online. I spend probably 3 hours every day on the game, sometimes more.

It's fun! But it does cut into productivity.

Ah ha!

The computer game geeks start to come out of the closet!

And i thought i was alone!

WC3 is cool, bit too easy in my opinion, looking forward to World of Warcraft (online RPG) I'll give you a head-to-head game Dancali, if you think your up to it :o

BTL, Madsere, yeah i guess so, especially when its chucking it down with rain outside and i cant be arsed to go out and get drenched. Fridge full of chang, two packs of ciggies and a load of decent music and a couple of fun computer games to keep me entertained. BTL for sure.

I am counting down the days till World Of Warcraft comes out... even tried to download the Beta but ran into to many probs.

Once that game comes out I think it will kill off a good many existing MMORPGs

Sad to say I'd much rather stay in at night and play PC & Xbox games than go out these days!

You sad git! :o

Dont hold your breath for World Of Warcraft, its a blizzard title and Blizzard are renown for missing release deadlines. Your looking at a minimum of 6 months before the game is ready to be released, i'd probably suggest somewhere around 9-12months.

I dont know about staying in everynight to play comp games instead of going out, but in low/Rainy season is a viable form of entertainment. UBC is poo so i dont bother with it, DVD's/Movies get old after youve watched them several times, i cant get my head around Thai TV, so flick on the PC and play games or surf is my main form of home entertainment...

Well until the GF gets bored and starts moaning anyway.

Back in Blighty i used to play these kinda games all the time, home from work, turn on the pc, grab some food take a shower and play games all night... but then i did have a much better connection, and the Uk was far too expensive to be partying all the time (not to mention cold). Until i found i was playing these games non-stop, totaly addicted to them. It was then i sold my accounts, deleted the games and looked for something else to do.

To the people who play them, there was a game called Everquest, if you talked to any of the players about the game you found that they all called it EverCrack, because it was very addictive... so if you do play these kinda games just remember, turn it off sometimes theres more to life than this game.

Well we havent been jumped on by any mods/admins (yet) so i guess were ok to discuss this kinda thing in this forum...

Haha - Gamers of the world unite! its good to see that i'm not the only sad geek who likes to play 'puter games.

So what games do you like Thetyim?

What do you guys do about your connection when playing online games?

I've got 256/128 adsl. When I play Warcraft 3 online, there's a very annoying delay between my giving a command and the command taking effect in the game.

Also, do the resolution and quality I play the game at affect the online delays? I don't think it matters as long as my graphics card can handle it (it can) but I just want to check if anybody knows any better.

The main problem us LOS online gamers face is ping times.

If you do a Ping against the server your connecting to you will notice that in the report you get a time parameter.

For instance:

"Reply from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: bytes=32 time=400ms TTL=100"

Now back in good olde blighty, i used to get an average "Time" value of 150ms, over here in Phuket i get an average "Time" value of (approx) 400ms. This is the time it takes your request to actually get to the server, so obviously the lower the value the better.

When playing real-time games online and playing with a ping time of 300-400ms your going to suffer a delay in response times, when your facing off against a player who has a ping time of 100-150ms then that becomes an unaceptable response time.

I have/do play a reasonable amount of online games (sad geeks of the world unite!) and i've found that playing when having ping times like this makes the games almost unplayable.

If you think about it logistically, most game servers are based in Europe or the US, so imagine someone who lives, lets say 200km away from the game server verses someone who lives 2000km away from the game servers. Its goign to take longer for the 2000km players requests to get to the server. Ok in todays digital age your not talking a huge amount of time, a fraction of a second longer... but as online gamers will agree (especially FPS gamers) that extra fraction of a second makes all the difference.

The simple Answer/Solution is to play on servers based over in Asia, Korea, China, Japan etc. Its not really the ISP's fault, after all your talking to a server on the other side of the world.

Things like resolution dont really impact on this problem, unless your running on a slow CPU or low end GFX card. If your running anything higher than 1.5/1.6gig processor and a 128mg GFX card then i doubt you'll have much of a problem.

My system isnt fast by any means, i run a 1.7gig processor, 512mg ram with a GFX card with 256mg memory (paid a fortune for it) and i can run most games with Top end GFX settings... i've tested using lower end GFX for online games and theres a (very) small performance gain... but hardly noticable unless your really looking for it...

I agree the "lag" is a real killer. I downloaded the free 14 trial of Star Wars Galaxies and it is fine when you are out in the styx but when you hit the towns and a lot of people are moving about the game comes to a standstill.

That's the big disadvantage to playing from over here. I have found NO local servers for any of the major games I play. I often play Battlefield Vietnam and the best ping I can get is 250ms (from either a Korean or Vietnamese Server) Playing it on A vietnamese server was a surreal experience I can tell you!

Just played Farcry,great game.The problem now is the new games need the latest grafic cards.I could not play the new splinter cell.

A gaming thread would be a great idea.I don,t play online,as I use ipstar,and it would blow my download limit

You'd be supprised about download amounts for online games...

I did a test on some of my games, and i was averaging 3mg of downloaded data an hour... the most i saw was 5mg but that was a big Player vs Player battle (i reckon about 100 people) that lasted virtually the whole hour.

Online games dont need a huge amount of data, they just require that data quickly!

Agreed on the GFX card, thats why i shelled out a load of cash and got myself the best i could get. Still high end now so i dont need to worry about GFX card for now :o

:o also a game geek, can I come in?

I'm a big command and conquer freak of nature,

I. Love. it.

Agreed, its probably why I'm still single but there's no way I could command a real lady to chop wood / mine for gold / ore for tin as I can in RPG's (I know I cross referenced C&C and WC there, forgive me)

Anyway, I've just had my PC uber-upgraded with all the graphic / extra memory bells and whistles and I'm now on the prowl for the current up to date, really really good RPG's, anyone have any suggestions - games have to be sold downstairs in Big C to qualify :D

I used to be a big N64 loser too, good days, good days - I even beat the lead singer of Ash on Mario cart (Wario stadium) using my feet / toes to his hands / fingers - do I win anything?

I'll be single forever, right? :D

If it's state of the art RPGs on PC then look no further than Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Gothic 2 or the good old Morrowind still looks good even by todays standards.

I have an Xbox too and there are too great RPGs out soon (ish): Fable & Sudeki, both of which look amazing and are supposed to play even better!

I finished the Star Wars one and am thinking about replaying it, but this time being a dark side character (with completey different skils etc)

God am I sad but can't help it :o

How's playing online games with TT&T's ADSL HiNet package? Is it worth trying?

I have neglected my PC games since I got an xbox a month or two ago. Got something like 30 games (2 orginal!), and man oh man, the xbox is king. Halo and Ninja Gaiden may be the best 2 action games of all times. Halo 2 is coming out in November. Fable looks wicked and if it lives of to the hype may be the best RPG of all time. Starwars Battlefront looks awesome....but I would need some xbox buddies to hook up an ethernet connection between 2 boxes to have some 8 player multiplayer mayhem. Any Xboxers in Phuket looking to have some Halo mayhem? Yes, games are addicting and potentially damaging to social relationships...but they refine my hand and eye coordination. Is it worth it....hells yeah.

Yep I spend far more time on my Xbox these days.

Halo has lost its crown to Riddick IMHO and Full Spectrum Warrior is also fantastic

I just wish there were places I could buy originals.. all the stalls (MBK BKK) have a few Jap originals, but no US ones. I've asked them if they could gte them but they said they have to get many to make it worthwhile... Thing is Halo 2 is going to be a 9gb game for sure and so ###### hard to copy

I would gladly buy 2 or 3 original games per month if I had the opportunity. I do not want to get involved in ordering by post as I've had packages go missing in Thailand before

:o also a game geek, can I come in?

I'm a big command and conquer freak of nature,

I. Love. it.

Agreed, its probably why I'm still single but there's no way I could command a real lady to chop wood / mine for gold / ore for tin as I can in RPG's (I know I cross referenced C&C and WC there, forgive me)

Anyway, I've just had my PC uber-upgraded with all the graphic / extra memory bells and whistles and I'm now on the prowl for the current up to date, really really good RPG's, anyone have any suggestions - games have to be sold downstairs in Big C to qualify :D

I used to be a big N64 loser too, good days, good days - I even beat the lead singer of Ash on Mario cart (Wario stadium) using my feet / toes to his hands / fingers - do I win anything?

I'll be single forever, right? :D

I am also a command and conquer/ Uris revenge/ Red alert 2 game junkie.

I bought the "new" on Generals Zero Hour downstairs at Big C, it doesnt work. I then went and bought it again at Lotus (in the arcade area) and that also didnt work. I am getting bored with what I have as "I am the champion of the world" and NEVER lose.

IF anyone knows any games similiar I would be interested to know. :D

I propose a gamers forum, with Wolfie as the mod :D

At first it was just my wife who was hopelessy addicted to this online RPG but after being driven insane with her spending all day playing it I finally gave it a go myself last week.

Now I too am addicted to this bloody game... is anybody from here logging onto it? You can find me on the Zeus Server under the character name Ian (original eh?)

I am just glad thay shut down the servers at 10pm or I'd never sleep!

Cheers

Ian

URL please :o

The Thai website for Priston is: http://www.pristontale.in.th/

However it's all in Thai. If you want more info on the game I'd do a search on the net for fan sites in the US etc

Be warned it's a HUGE download if you plan to DL it. I got my copy free with my Zxycel modem.

It seems to be free for True users but if you are not a True customer then I think you have to buy time with those pin-cards

Give it a go... as the server is here there is no lag

You can get an english version of the Priston Tale website Here The download is about 600mg, if anyone happens to have it downloaded or will be downloading it, let me know, i'd like a cd copy of it... willing to cover costs etc. I really cant be bothered waiting the 20 odd hours it will take to download via dialup

However the servers are down for maintenance at time of posting... so you will have to try it later.

I vote for a games forum, and i suppose i could be a mod for it :o

I liked Star Wars: Knights of the old republic, played it both lightside and darkside, darkside was much more fun, even though you missed half the storyline, funny as h3ll watching all the NPC's trying to bring you back to the lightside :D

C&C was cool, but i much preferred the Warcraft series as im more into fantasy settings than futuristic stuff (must be a throwback to my D&D days). If anyones up for a game of WC3, Warlords4 let me know. :D

Also, for those of you searching for another good game, try Diablo2 - you can get it in Big C, Lotus, or Ocean for 999baht for the "Battle Chest" which has Diablo2 the expansion and (i think) Diablo1. Diablo rocks, had many fantastic hours with multiplayer on that game. I might even buy it again (left my copy in the UK)

If your into Dungeons and Dragons (D&D) style stuff, its also worth checking out "Neverwinter Nights" another fantastic RPG game, with online support, again available in Big C, Lotus and Ocean, Boxed set (main game plus expansion) for 999baht, worth spending it on the game... another of my classic favorites.

FTH, if you fancy trying out Star Wars Galaxies, i can sell you my account, saves you having to pay about 4k to import the darn thing (like i had to!) Otherwise take a look at Dark Ages of Camelot, my favorite online RPG!

You could also just check out a few of the titles available in your local stores, a lot of them do have servers where you can play online. I know Blizzard do and im sure there are other game publishers that do similar.

I have seen the Pristontale client as a Thai Gaming magazine coverdisc. it's such a huge program it will be much cheaper and quicker to go and get it from one of the magazines.

I just found out it is not free to True subscribers... what I had was the 1 month free access. This ran out over the weekend so I had to go to 7-11 to get a top-up card to sate my addiction to this bloody game

Also picked up & installed Mu online but can't connect - I've registered on the Thai website and it accepts my login in the main game but it just says loading after that and the loading bars do not go away... will try again tonight

First I'm for a game section.

But please let it not become a warez community.... MBK/Phantip/Fortune is more easy to go to. :-)

But I admit that beeing able to get hold of oldies, or other hard to get softwares might be interesting, that is not available from tho above mentioned. But that is another story...

Back to topic.

No I have not been playing pristontale.

But I downloaded a pretty huge game the other week, it took me about 3 days to DL it. And when I finaly started it up it DL even more for an hour.

Ok I'm on a 56k modem. ;-)

People who are scared of downloading huge files, I recomend a software called "Download Mage", get it from www.dlmage.com , crack or patch you can find from astala*****.com ;-)

It contains no irritating popups or ads.

Back to the game......

The game I'm talking about is Project Entropia. It's a total free game to play.

The game is set in the planet Calypso and you are a Pioneer who just landed at the planet with only a set of clothes, and a fully functional brain. :-)

You have a few ways of play the game, Hunt, Mine, trade, and a few more.

Project Entropia is totally playable without investing any money, and if you give it time you can raise some money in it to buy weapons, armor, mining equipment, and even be able to buy houses that you can buy furnitures to, and store equipment that you have collected.

To your house you can then connect an automated Shopkeeper that passing by players can buy from, loot that you have been collecting thru your marvelous adventures or bought to be sold with a profit.

But to be able to get in the game quick and not spend hours of game play, you need to put in a few dollars. The game world use something called PED and that is the currency used. 1 dollar is equal to 10peds.

The fine thing in this whole game or the reason why it becomes interesting is that they say it is based on "Real Cash Economy" that the money that you have created in the game by looting, mining or other profiting, you can get out to the real world.

They will also have a sort of buy stocks system built in on the companies that evolves in the game, that will follow the rules of real life economy, if it is all based on what happens in the game I don't know... It's yours and mine to test out.

But the bad thing for you as a gamer :D ...... is that you have to wait for the money to arrive. It will take about 60 days before they pay out the money that you have requested.

So it's not a play a game and get a whole lot of money quickly.

I see it as a play and have fun, and maybe make some money on the side.

So if there is more people interested in this game check out: www.project-entropia.com

You will probably find all sorts of people nagging about the promised money withdrawal in the foeums, but hey the people who made tha game gives it to you for free, and offcourse they want to make a profit from it. They spent about 5 mil. Swedish Kroner on developing it.

First of all enjoy it as it is..... IT's JUST a GAME!!!! :D:D:o:D

In case you see "Phorian Lonewolf" running around it's me.

The game is playable with a 56k modem, but if you want to be able to kill sometthing a littlebit more dangerous game, then a 128/256+ up is reccomended.

Hope this might give someone a few sleeepless nights... It has for me. And so far I have not spend any $$ on it. But I will probably spend 10$ just for speeding up the progress a littlebit.

But remember there is a Real life out there besides the screen in front of you....

Cheerio gamers.....

• 3 weeks later...
If your into Dungeons and Dragons (D&D) style stuff, its also worth checking out "Neverwinter Nights" another fantastic RPG game, with online support, again available in Big C, Lotus and Ocean, Boxed set (main game plus expansion) for 999baht, worth spending it on the game... another of my classic favorites.

Cheers Wolfie, I bought exactly that on Saturday, its sat on my desk at home, I haven't tried it yet because I also bought Counterstrike - condition zero!

I've come full circle, I remember doing my first penang visa run all those years ago and I was sitting in an internet shop crying to my friends back home about how lonely I was in the middle of about 20 spotty teenagers all playing counterstrike at 20 decibels - i didn't know wether to finish the emails or take cover under the desk.

Now I see what all the fuss is about! Very addicitve, but tell me, how the f@%k do you kill someone with the riot shield, thats killing me!

Games rule, real life is a poor imitation :o

I bought Diablo2 at the weekend, i'd actually forgotten how good that game really is... loads of hard-core hack n slash going on, a must for those "frustrated" days

You will like Never Winter nights, did you get the full box set with the new scenario or did you just buy the original game? I havent tried the new scenario yet, i'd be interested to hear what you think about it.

Do you allow people who are addicted to strategy instead of RPG and FPS in here? I cannot begin to estimate the time I have spent playing the Civ2-Civ3 series of games. I play Pharaoh, Tropico, Anno 1503, Stronghold, Imperialism, Total War, Europa Universalis, Age of Empires, etc.

If you play a turn-based strategy game against other players (know the IP address of the game host!) lag doesn't matter so much.