Visa extension - Run rules

So I been here since November on SETV and already did my extension at Jomtien a month back, then a Visa Run a few days ago.  I'm looking to extend for atleast another 2 months.   

Is it possible for me to do another extension at Jomtien then another Visa Run.  

I read on older thread that land Visa Runs are limited to 2 a year but not sure if I can extend at Jomtien based on my run to Cambodia.   

Thanks for all the help everyone.  

So I suppose if I want to stay longer my only option is to fly out and back in and start the cycle again.  Or do you think a Visa agent can pull any strings for me.  Especially now since tourism is suppose to be down 60% because of covid-19

Edited by TamadeYao

5 minutes ago, TamadeYao said:

So I suppose if I want to stay longer my only option is to fly out and back in and start the cycle again.  Or do you think a Visa agent can pull any strings for me.  Especially now since tourism is suppose to be down 60% because of covid-19

Fly out and back and start cycle over again?????

Say what. I'm thinking you need plan C

BTW an agent can do not much.

Edited by DrJack54

1 hour ago, TamadeYao said:

I am confused. You have already been told a 30 day extension is available.

After that, I believe you have been told a further border crossing (Visa Exempt), along with another extension is possible.

That is 3 more months. What do you mean by 'stay longer' exactly?

There are further options of flying out and in, and obtaining tourist visas in nearby countries... but you are pushing your luck with 'tourist' claims then.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, riche60 said:

sorry in advance does that mean after doing 1 land dorder run can he go to buriram imm and get another 30 day extension thanks to you all

A Visa Exempt or Tourist Visa entry can be extended for 30 days at immigration.

Land border or airport point of entry does not affect that.  

Reading what the OP has been saying it sounds like he is not a tourist and is trying to stay long term on tourist visas and extensions which is one of the things that has caused that many problems for the legitimate long term expats. If you are not a true tourist them get the correct visa because you will get caught and you will be denied entry into the country and you will get a denied entry stamp in your passport which will raise red flags wherever you try to go

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Reading what the OP has been saying it sounds like he is not a tourist and is trying to stay long term on tourist visas and extensions which is one of the things that has caused that many problems for the legitimate long term expats. If you are not a true tourist them get the correct visa because you will get caught and you will be denied entry into the country and you will get a denied entry stamp in your passport which will raise red flags wherever you try to go

Nonsense old argument that's keeps getting dragged up. He is coming to Thailand spending money and not working, he's a tourist

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Nonsense old argument that's keeps getting dragged up. He is coming to Thailand spending money and not working, he's a tourist

And an  old problem that keeps occurring, to ignore it is folly.

By your definition I am a tourist, but I say I am an Expat, living here as a retired person, spending money and not working.

Thai immigration believes tourists come and go....the Exempt is a facility for someone to stay 30 days, a TV for 60 days. Beyond that is at their grace. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

And an  old problem that keeps occurring, to ignore it is folly.

By your definition I am a tourist, but I say I am an Expat, living here as a retired person, spending money and not working.

Thai immigration believes tourists come and go....the Exempt is a facility for someone to stay 30 days, a TV for 60 days. Beyond that is at their grace. 

Govt should just decide a max amount of time a tourist using visa exempts and tourist visas can come and spend money, end of ambiguity, but of course they don't know the answer because its daft to stop people coming here to spend money

22 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Govt should just decide a max amount of time a tourist using visa exempts and tourist visas can come and spend money, end of ambiguity, but of course they don't know the answer because its daft to stop people coming here to spend money

Either that or limit the number of VE and SETVs a person can use in each year. Yes it's the ambiguity that is such a mess. They are stopping more these days.