Covid-19: Outbreak at Bangkok shopping center - and government cover up - just more fake news

webfact

8 minutes ago, smedly said:

Latest

A new report from a WHO infectious disease modeling team based at Imperial College London is estimating about two-thirds of Covid-19 cases worldwide have gone undetected. The analysis suggests the global spread of the novel coronavirus is significantly greater than the current volume of confirmed cases.

----------------------------------------

I said about 3 weeks ago that there could be many infected people in Thailand who are living at home and sick and likely being told just to stay there or have been sent there

Could be , would be , should be. any prove for this at all? Who on this forum knows anyone with the virus?

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The public health ministry said that cases of the virus in Thailand remained at 35 - fourteen are being treated and 21 have gone home.

With not a single case being reported in Thailand since the original 35, while other countries report spikes in the numbers.

Who are we to believe?

• Like 2

Govt denies data about COVID-19 concealed, calls on people to not believe fake news

4e524dd2f74fb11d0d2937f35c704f88_small.png

BANGKOK (NNT) - News about factory workers in Pathum Thani and a department store employee in the Phloenchit area of Bangkok being infected with COVID-19 has been found by the Ministry of Public Health to be fake news.

The online news claimed there might be more than one factory in Pathum Thani province where workers were reported to have been infected with COVID-19 and the government was accused of concealing it, prompting the Ministry of Public Health to announce that no COVID-19 patients have been found in that area.

The online news also claimed that a Central Embassy employee has been infected with COVID-19, prompting the department store to make an inquiry with the Ministry of Public Health which assured there has not been an infection reported. Central Embassy has taken measures for the health and safety of its employees and customers and announced any employees, who might have a fever, can take leave. Members of the public are advised to not believe such fake news or share or post it online and to visit www.antifakenewscenter.com

nnt.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2020-02-24
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ukrules said:

I wonder why the UAE today banned its citizens from coming to Thailand?

containment has to be the way to stop the virus spreading ?  I think it is and stop all international travel but I think its a case of the stable door and the horse has bolted , now almost out of control with the unnecessary loss of many lives .  

• Thanks 1

As i mentioned in another thread given the prevalence of all forms of social media and personal account outlets in Thailand if the numbers were being distorded surely it would of been debunked by now so im hoping the medical profession have it covered or at the very least have/are dodging the bullet .

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, phkauf said:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the government is highly invested in keeping the "real" numbers down so as to not completely kill what remains of the tourist business. Put something on social media or otherwise publicize it and you will subject yourself to the wrath of the government. Look what happened to that 20-year in Chonburi who posted something about an event long ago that we cannot discuss - he's in jail. People are wise to how the government deals with dissent these days.

Plus if someone is ill and goes to the hospital, perhaps they won't test for the Corona Virus and just diagnose it as a flu or pneumonia. That's the end of that and there are no Corona Virus cases in Thailand. 

Point taken and duly noted but as i said 'I HOPE' in my quote just as you wrote 'PERHAPS' anyhow 'I GUESS' time will tell 

Still i feel personal stories, pics, videos would of surfaced if it was way worse than declared 

At least we are still able to have objective views on the subject. 

• Like 1

All you ThaiVisa do gooders must obey the law like I intend to and that is to not believe all the fake news and that means that I will not believe any news that any dogooder from ThaiVisa makes public and that includes any and all news that is broadcast by this fake democratic government.

Edited by Russell17au

5 hours ago, Sharp said:

As i mentioned in another thread given the prevalence of all forms of social media and personal account outlets in Thailand if the numbers were being distorded surely it would of been debunked by now so im hoping the medical profession have it covered or at the very least have/are dodging the bullet 

Still easy to dismiss is as influenza or some such, simply diagnose it as something else, nobody's wiser. MoPH stopped publishing the distribution of diagnoses couple of weeks ago.