Thai woman’s cricket team

Hackney35

Great to hear. The short formats of the game are as exciting and fun to watch as any other sport. The only hurdle to playing cricket is the need for a proper pitch and to maintain it plus all the equipment, not cheap.

Btw, the BBC article linked says "batter" and I thought what the 'ell BBC mixing up cricket and baseball?  Then I realized batsman may not work in this case:-) But what's wrong with batswoman?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Why Me said:

Great to hear. The short formats of the game are as exciting and fun to watch as any other sport. The only hurdle to playing cricket is the need for a proper pitch and to maintain it plus all the equipment, not cheap.

Btw, the BBC article linked says "batter" and I thought what the 'ell BBC mixing up cricket and baseball?  Then I realized batsman may not work in this case:-) But what's wrong with batswoman?

ha! Bbc seem to use it across their woman’s cricket coverage. Agreed batter doesn’t sound right and batswoman would make more sense. Bbc are on this whole politically correct gone mad tip at the moment though in terms of LGBT/pronouns etc 

Yes fair play to the Thai womens team:

Women's T20 World Cup: Thailand's remarkable rise to first global tournament

Hopefully in 5 years time a formidable force, subject to investment of time, effort and money.

I am fairly confident that in 5 years time the dross that is the BBC will have to compete as a non state backed compulsory purchase item to a free market 'entertainment' supplier.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 1