Tt&t Help Desk Number?

bluesofa

Hi,

I apologise if this has been asked before, but I have scouted around here but couldn't see any reference.

Apart from 1103, is there a tech support number (English of course) for TT&T maxnet?

If I use 1103, I get nowhere fast!

My problem is trying to FTP to upload some files to a UK webhosted site. It's been more than a week now and the speed has got so,so slow.

The UK based webhost has looked into it for me and told me that a trace route showed originally a problem between Paris & London. They said (politely) it's not their problem and I need to contact my ISP in order for them to route differently to the UK.

I just have to accept what they're telling me as I don't really know.

I have Maxnet 512K with TT&T, but can't find out how to get through to the support desk.

Is this really a problem with the ISP here and can they resolve it, can someone tell me?

Now, a week later, it seems using trace route that it goes to the US, then to the UK, but still very slow.

All I know is that I can d/load OK from the same site, but not u/load to it easily at all.

Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Any help would be appreciated.

Ewan

" Or am I barking up the wrong tree? "

YES u r :o

For starters yes Thailand does have problems with international bandwith.

TOT told me that they are having problems with CAT again and those guys control the international connections.

Read all about it in other postings here on Thaivisa.com....

As for "barking up the wrong tree" my guess is that no matter what Thai ISP provider you have none of them can help you with a real technical answer other then the settings of your internet connection.

FTP whats that ? :D

And getting a Thai ISP to help you correct problems abroad , forget it !

Check the settings in your firewall if you have one running :

http://www.google.co.th/search?hl=en&q...ttings&meta=

But your upload speed is always slower on a ADSL compaired to your download speed !

Edited by brianinbangkok

" Or am I barking up the wrong tree? "

YES u r :o

For starters yes Thailand does have problems with international bandwith.

TOT told me that they are having problems with CAT again and those guys control the international connections.

Read all about it in other postings here on Thaivisa.com....

As for "barking up the wrong tree" my guess is that no matter what Thai ISP provider you have none of them can help you with a real technical answer other then the settings of your internet connection.

FTP whats that ? :D

And getting a Thai ISP to help you correct problems abroad , forget it !

Check the settings in your firewall if you have one running :

http://www.google.co.th/search?hl=en&q...ttings&meta=

But your upload speed is always slower on a ADSL compaired to your download speed !

OK Brian, thanks for your comments.

Yes I realise the u/l speed on ADSL will be slower than the d/l, but 20 minutes to u/l a 50k file!!!

This is now regularly the sort of speed it u/l at.

The ftp worked fine for the first few months and no settings have been altered.

It was the UK webhost who told me there was a problem between Paris & London.

I provided them with a trace route listing, then they said they had done one from their end to here.

Yes, they suggested contacting my ISP, even though I could forsee it as almost futile.

In fact they said if I hassled my ISP then maybe they'd provide a different routing - as much hope as pushing string uphill I thought...

I moved my webhosting company from the US to the UK because of EXACTLY same problem with the US host last year.

And yes, the US webhost suggested I contact my ISP or if no luck, then to change to another one!

I also provided the US company with a trace route for the first problem too.

But they weren't aware of the uphill struggle it is here to get things sorted.

OK, thanks again for your help Brian.

Ewan