The Virus

Teak

As we all watch this virus spread around the world, there are countries in Africa and Myanmar for example, that have no or few reports. We know that many Chinese labourers were sent to African nations to work. In Northern Myanmar, the Mongla Group, the Kachin, the Wa, the Palaung etc., speak Mandarin as the 'lingua franca'. If I was in Mainland China I would slip across that porous border to a common language group that I can assimilate with and eventually migrate south where it is more civilized. Villages west of Mong Ngai. Nong Oak are historic KMT refugee villages where modern Mandarin speakers can easily interract with. Many from Taiwan go there because of the common language. There are numerous Chinese villages on the Thai /Myanmar border zone, not to mentions numerous hilltribe people, Hmong, Lisu, Lahu etc. who cross the border to deal with the ethnic Chinese for trade. We know there are no health/virus checks in these regions. I suspect that there is a possibility that there will soon be a 14 to 30 day quarantine for every tourist leaving Thailand.  Obviously, this just a possibility. 

• Thanks 2

Laos and Cambodia 1000s china workers going back and forth  /no word out of those  country's of any virus /but the odds are it is loaded/how dumb are we not to think with 1000s a day crossing the border into Thai nothing coming in / when the true numbers come out /this country could be quarantined 

I suspect the quarantining will not be by the Thai Government, but our own home countries, against their own citizens (and tourists) who have travelled from Virus 'flagged'  countries in recent weeks. Russia has banned Chinese people (I read ?). Cruise ships are having problems being accepted at port, regardless of their nationality. I agree with my detractor that the actual deaths are low and the inconvenience of catching the flue is unpleasant, however, the world political reaction is a reality that already restricts our movements. Refusing to discuss it is simply foolish. Very few have confidence in this government to act until the last moment. They cannot control winter burning, do you think they can control a health crisis? I agree those in gated communities and standing apart at the gof course stand a better chance. It is in the upland villages who may die in high numbers as many have compromised health to begin with. 

In America Trump implies ' Don't worry....it can't happen here on election year.'  In Canada, our Health Minister suggests every household have two weeks of food supplies, medications etc.. Just in case....better now than later.  

"All these many many threads do is inflame the populace, cause apprehension, spread fear - to what end ?"

Some folk get a perverted desire out off creating A & D, Alarm and Despondency, I totally agree the rumor mongers and spreaders of fear should go, where ? far away to a place with no connection to the net.

john

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't wait until - say - first of May

When this latest Flu virus - which is what this is - was found to be nothin' but the same 'ol same 'ol

Wonder what the posts will say then ?

"Wow - we sure were lucky ! "

But it has been proven thru out time that to control the populace, first install fear. As this has been happening for as long as I can remember, this latest is nothing more than one more straw.

Oderint Dum Metuant - Let Them Hate, So Long as They Fear

30 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

I can't wait until - say - first of May

When this latest Flu virus - which is what this is - was found to be nothin' but the same 'ol same 'ol

While you're waiting for 1 May, plug...BSL-4 Wuhan...into your favorite search engine and do some...light...reading. Just for the hell of it.

Edited by Hayduke

The White Bufaloes are great. Their life is great..with a young  Phuket  (Respectfully capital W) Whore wife and a new set of golph clubs.

They do not want their lives to be interferred with. Sorry boys, maybe not this virus....maybe the next. Why do Thais call stupid people 'buffaloes'?  Yes, you want to keep what you have. Life is changing .....Take your pension and run. ....quickly.

On 2/28/2020 at 12:39 PM, canthai55 said:

Why start yet another thread, on something that you have a very very small chance of getting.

why read a thread your psychic powers tell you is useless ?

~o:37;