Dreambox For Satellite Tv

Auntymarybrown

http://www.net42.co.uk/satellite/dreambox.html

From what i see here, well it's a custom Satellite console, the main difference thought is that you can do network streaming saving to harddrive etc etc (very handy if you don't have a TV set, or want to be able to look at TV remotely from a laptop). Now i don't see any link to Internet with that, what i mean is that you don't plug the thing to your computer and to internet and you get TV magicaly.

I don't know if the Dreambox can do on the fly decryption (because most "premium" Satellite broadcasts are not "free" with user base subscription and security features) so watch "everything" i don't think so, but what is "free" to look at (most Global TV has one channel at least Free to view) then i think no problem.

Edit : http://www.net42.co.uk/satellite/dreambox-...s.html#features , I does actually allow on the fly decryption, you need thought to upload to the console a special crafted file that contains the keys used for those "premium" channels. Even thought these files get updated regularly i have yet to see one that works 100%. Must be interesting to dig into :o

Edited by Kyosuken

Discussion about these boxes is not allowed since thay are illegal.

They allow you to watch PayTV without paying for it.

Unfortunately only UBC (now Truevissions) and the local cableTV companies are the only legal way to watch premium television...

Discussion about these boxes is not allowed since thay are illegal.

They allow you to watch PayTV without paying for it.

Unfortunately only UBC (now Truevissions) and the local cableTV companies are the only legal way to watch premium television...

Not true! Dreambox allows you to watch UBC/Truevision with the legally acquired decoder card from UBC. Insofar the Dreambox is perfectly legal. Moreover the Dreambox allows you to watch all the "free-on-air" channels, provided you dish can be oriented towards them.

The Dreambox simply replaces the pathetically outdated receivers you get form UBC/Truevisions. I cannot see anything illegal about this.

If you are of a different opinion, I would be glad to hear it.

You're of course partly correct dominique355 when you use the box as you describe, but if you read correctly the OP asked if the dreambox is the miracle box allowing you to watch pretty much everything beamed down from the satellites visible in Thailand by connecting it to a broadband internet service.

Which it can. And which is illegal.

If you consider discussions about the Dreambox as illeagl because the Dreambox can be used for illegal things, then you might want to shut down the whole "Internet, computer, communication technology in Thailand" Forum, because computers too can be used for illegal things.

What we would like to discuss here is how to set up the legal use of the Dreambox.