lon/bkk/lon premium seating

steve187

looking at lufthansa premium econ ( 19inch seat with 38inch pitch) or on eurowings 'best' seating( 17 & a half inch seat 45inch pitch) , Austian air premium econ( 19inch seat with 38inch pitch) 

flights lon/bkk/lon coming in at £650 return, next nearest prices are £911 Air France, £950 BA, £1,000 Eva.

some flights on A380 with lufthansa via frankfurt, and some with eurowings via Munich on A330-200 or Austrian air on B772, via vienna, or combinations, has anyone flown on this class of seat with these, all inclusive of  2 x 23kg bags and food etc., 

anyone with thoughts or experiences

many thanks

Edited by steve187

THe FRA BKK sector of my BHX BKK BHX flight  was an airbus something last year but not a 380

Airplane was empty ish so seating did not matter a bit like it will be for few months now i suppose

Food n service excellent 

Lufthansa last year 2019 2020 was cheapest "year return" from Birmingham 550 GBP or thereabouts this year 2020  2021 sadly beaten  by Qatar

• Like 1

Yes, would recommend the premium economy, FRA to BKK, flew Dec 2017 with them on the 380, I actually had an economy ticket (booked in October), and got the PE seat on a bid offering Circa 240 euros. I wanted the extra space, as I was in hospital at the beginning of November and had a damaged foot, and was getting assistance and On crutches. Could not enjoy some of the food and drink as had to watch my sugar level????. I had a seat at the forward bulkhead, in the central section, which gave a few inches of restriction when reclined and the foot rest was extended. The woman to the left of me actually moved to a spare seat at an empty two, as she was full of the Flu. That end seat on the left had nothing in front of it.

I liked the look of EVA PE when onboard but have not actually used it, Dad and I normally use the Via LHR route from Edinburgh as the 5th option, after Dad got stranded there coming of a EVA air flight ( due to the short haul airlines staff mistake) and I got denied a BA flight back up to Edinburgh because 3 mins late to the desk at terminal 5, when a transfer bus did not turn up.But if in the London area, EVA would be good I think ( Dad also used them out of Amsterdam).

Edited by UKresonant
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, UKresonant said:

Yes, would recommend the premium economy, FRA to BKK, flew Dec 2017 with them on the 380, I actually had an economy ticket (booked in October), and got the PE seat on a bid offering Circa 240 euros. I wanted the extra space, as I was in hospital at the beginning of November and had a damaged foot, and was getting assistance and On crutches. Could not enjoy some of the food and drink as had to watch my sugar level????. I had a seat at the forward bulkhead, in the central section, which gave a few inches of restriction when reclined and the foot rest was extended. The woman to the left of me actually moved to a spare seat at an empty two, as she was full of the Flu. That end seat on the left had nothing in front of it.

I liked the look of EVA PE when onboard but have not actually used it, Dad and I normally use the Via LHR route from Edinburgh as the 5th option, after Dad got stranded there coming of a EVA air flight ( due to the short haul airlines staff mistake) and I got denied a BA flight back up to Edinburgh because 3 mins late to the desk at terminal 5, when a transfer bus did not turn up.But if in the London area, EVA would be good I think ( Dad also used them out of Amsterdam).

i flew eva air premium this trip, so looking for my next trip and LH are comimg in £350 cheaper

Check Norwegian from LGW-OSL-BKK in Premium Economy.  Its between Business and Premium Economy.  I've never used them, but I thought a few times about trying them,  I did Thai once in PE from JFK-BKK-JFK (when it was around) and it looks slightly better then that, and I thought Thai PE was good even for 17 hours.

16 hours ago, steve187 said:

do you have a link

Link to what exactly? No one, at least certainly not I, knows your dates. 

So I could only link to a random date example at best.

Anyway, you've likely already missed the boat, with the best combinations already taken. It has been running for a while now. At least a month.

Here, for example, were options for Manchester;

Workable.png.8a2d78e74dc34a47e47748887e87a466.png

616472499_Workable2.png.6aaafd75455ceb38c77d2a6c4499cfb3.png

Edited by Eindhoven