Cash in bank reduction?

Are you sure they didn't change over to the marriage extension, that requires only 400k in the bank?

You need to leave a minimum of 400k in the bank all year around for the retirement extension, that's reasonably new.

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Are you sure they didn't change over to the marriage extension, that requires only 400k in the bank?

You need to leave a minimum of 400k in the bank all year around for the retirement extension, that's reasonably new.

As I said, this was from customer to wife so it is second hand to me but the way my wife explained it was that she had been told it was a new thing just recently and definitely no mention of a visa change to marriage. Her English is pretty good so I don't think anything was lost in translation. 

7 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Correct. 800K two months before, three months after extension. Then 400K for the rest of the year for singles. Marriage 400K, don't know if that drops to less at some point.

Hmmm a mate of mine renewed his extension based on retirement last week at Jomtien, and no mention of a reduced amount required in the bank. On the other hand he just handed over his bank book and letter with 800 k in it so will be interesting to see.

16 hours ago, narisarasgroove said:

As I said, this was from customer to wife so it is second hand to me but the way my wife explained it was that she had been told it was a new thing just recently and definitely no mention of a visa change to marriage. Her English is pretty good so I don't think anything was lost in translation. 

There are no changes what so ever since March 1 2019 regarding the money in the bank method. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jaxxper said:

Hmmm a mate of mine renewed his extension based on retirement last week at Jomtien, and no mention of a reduced amount required in the bank. On the other hand he just handed over his bank book and letter with 800 k in it so will be interesting to see.

There has been no change, just hearsay with a few language barriers and misinterpretations.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, narisarasgroove said:

Thanks for all the input and clarifications. As I originally said, I was very skeptical myself but was keeping my fingers crossed. Have to get my wife to ask the woman again and see what comes back.

There's no need to ask the woman again. There are no changes what so ever since March 1 2019. 

• Like 1