Is Bank Statement Necessary for Thai Tourist Visa at Vientiane Consulate

Im in Vientiane to get my 60 day tourist visa.  I closed my accounts, but have plenty of cash on hand to fulfill money requirements.  My fiance handles the finances, but Im not on his accounts yet.  Will the consulate accept seeing cash as proof of finances instead of a bank statement?

Could someone tell me, what counts as financial proof at Vientiane, when using a foreign bank account?

Is a time stamped screenshot of an online bank account ok or does it need to be a real bank statement?

In Hanoi I printed a screen shot from my phone but had not realised it was from a earlier date when I didn't have enough funds in, luckily they allowed me to show my up to date account via my banking app. Not sure why they need as its quite easy to fake how much you have in the bank by altering the bank statement.

Thanks Mupper2019 for your response, I hope Vientiane is the same.

Does anyone know what the Vientiane consulate strict requirement of funds in a account actually requires?

Bank statements are normally issued only once per month and many accounts are paperless these days.

Apart from a having a Thai bank book, what can be printed out that will satisfy this requirement?

7 hours ago, jimjum said:

Does anyone know what the Vientiane consulate strict requirement of funds in a account actually requires?

You can show a printout of you online bank account or a screenshot of it showing your current balance.

7 hours ago, fforest1 said:

So how much money do they want to see in your bank account?

It is the equivalent of at least 20k baht ($700 US) in the account.