Ministry updates list of high-risk destinations

snoop1130

The biggest question in my mind is just how does a tourist or foreign visitor self quarantine? It stands to reason you can’t isolate yourself in a single house or hotel room. You need food, rooms need to be cleaned, so even if someone was willing to be cooped up in a room for two weeks, there will inevitable be some person to person contact, albeit much reduced.

i guess that’s the best that can be done.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

The use of the word “returning” rather than “arriving” gives people that idea I think, although the rest of the article does refer to foreign visitors so it’s at least semi clear

And there's also a reference toward the end of sending people who can't comply "back home" -- which pretty much could only be interpreted as referring to tourists.

3 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

And what if a Policeman comes up to you outside a mall, BTS and asks for your passport?

The passport shows you arrived yesterday, what stops the Policeman from arresting you or sending you to Hospital confinement at your own expense cooped up with people who may actually be carriers? The law in Thailand is whatever a man with a badge says it is.

No law against arriving yesterday, it’s the country you came from that matters.

• Haha 1

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/situation.php

From the 2nd March:

Travelers who departed from China (including Macau and Hong Kong) and countries with ongoing local transmission (e.g. Republic of Korea, Japan, Singapore, Taiwan, Italy, Iran, etc) are recommended to implement self-quarantine and check their body temperature for 14 days. It is also recommended to avoid visiting public or crowded places, not share personal stuff with others and keep at least 1 meter away when making contact with others. [my emphasis added]

But, you have to go to immigration for TM30 and 90 day reporting.  So you have to go to a crowded immigration office for a few hours and then start your self isolation?

Edited by Toany
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hmmm, I am due to fly to Singapore for a few days in 3 weeks time, For follow up Visit (Important) with my Surgeon after a Spine Fusion, Have Non-O Plus Pink Card/Own Condo
Just go there and then lock myself in Room for 2 weeks ? No real details about how you report and to who or anything . . . 

Why haven't they added Thailand? What will happen when the workers and hookers return from Korea?

Taiwan has 42 infected, less than Thailand, on the John Hopkins Covid-19 virus tracker.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6What

Edited by bstafford214
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Emdog said:

There is very little covid-19 in Thailand

But sure seems to be a spike in pneumonia

"A rose by any other name...." might fool people for a bit

If you don't test for Corvid19, then you can't have it.  You have got viral Pneumonia.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

will be subject to 14-day home quarantine and will have to adhere to health related follow-up measures.

Ive known several people who have already participated on the 14 day home quarantine.  Most go about town as usual. 

52 minutes ago, DoctorG said:

not to be a dork, but taxis are public transport

The "public" uses them, but they are not in the category of "public transport," just like airplanes are not "public transport." Metro systems and city bus systems, for example, are "public transport." 

• Those who do not have a permanent residence or lodging in Thailand are required to show officials, upon arrival, evidence of where officials can locate them during the 14-day period.

• Soooo, a TM 28 or a TM 30 and this “New Rule” is different because?  And what now qualifies as evidence?
  • Anutin still wants to kick out foreigners not wearing masks? What if you do not arrive wearing a ineffective greenish mask?

15 hours ago, BobbyL said:

All returnees from these nations and territories must self-quarantine for 14 days, he said.

Impossible to control. What about the tourists arriving from these destinations? I guess that is fine. 

Tourists will be under the same laws as far as the govt health site denotes.

I'm scheduled to visit the US in June, flying thru Seoul, S. Korea. Does connecting thru that airport mean that I should self quarantine upon my return? Or is that only required if I spend time outside of that airport? I don't plan to leave the airport but do have a 5 hour layover there. Hmmmm..... Just looking for clarification!

14 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I can't tell from the OP article whether the self-quarantine rules by country are only meant to apply to Thais coming back from those countries, tourists arriving from those countries, or both?

If I read it correctly, it is meant for everyone coming from those named countries.

Thanks

Warmest

58 minutes ago, buffallobill said:

When I come back to Thailand via Singapore, will I have to self quarantine? And does that mean that my wife who has not left Thailand will have to self quarantine as well, or can we just use separate rooms for 14 days????

Good question. The news stories don't mention the case of transiting one of these countries. Sane news stories, like ones coming out of Singapore, expressly state what applies to people transiting a certain area vs those who were actually "in" that country or region. 

Wonderful from gangster regimes, CCP China covered up this virus in early December, made sure that their belt and road buddies kept the borders open to the master race, and now the world can live in a state of paranoia, while the sheepish WHO the Public relations dept. of CCP China, who are not allowed in Wuhan, admitted yesterday that the virus has a worldwide death rate of 3.4

Lets just remind ourselves about where we are, a land with 42 cases and freezing cold NSW Australia, where penguins go to mate reported 9 new cases yesterday

• Thanks 1

so tourists from over there have to lock themselves up for 14 days in a hotel room and not go out ?

I am forced to go out of the country every 90 days (non-o multi), I don't want too, but I need a damn stamp and singapore in/out the same day is about my only valid option...