Ministry updates list of high-risk destinations

snoop1130

14 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I can't tell from the OP article whether the self-quarantine rules by country are only meant to apply to Thais coming back from those countries, tourists arriving from those countries, or both?

Use of the word returnees is the issue. Is it a correct translation?  Seems to me it should apply to all entering Thailand from these countries, for whatever purpose. That would make more sense of the policy. It's going to be a list which grows daily too.

As it is reported I suppose as I have a permanent address here I would be a returnee should I leave for one of these countries and come back. Not if I was a tourist, on business etc.

15 hours ago, DrTuner said:

The highest risk outside China would be domestic travel in Thailand. 

Crowd control should also be considered. 

Especially with Songkran coming up and the usual 12 in the back of pick up trucks.

I find it odd that I'm not finding a news source other than ThaiPBSWorld reporting this story. Considering how important tourism is, it would seem like this should be a huge story and thus would be reported widely. 

In referring to the ThaiPBSWorld story, the Thaiger reports, "The Thai Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul briefly showed the announcement on his Facebook page yesterday afternoon.... But the post was deleted minutes later without explanations..."

Could this be an inaccurate story? 

1 minute ago, DFPhuket said:

I find it odd that I'm not finding a news source other than ThaiPBSWorld

Me neither. I am travelling from Singapore to Thailand TOMORROW so am anxious I don't spend 14 days a in a room. Dare I suggest this FAKE NEWS? I've been googling frantically all morning and can nothing to corroborate this story. 

Professor Marandi is a regular debater on RT's Crosstalk: What is Thailand doing with the bodies? 

·
6h

We're just learning that Iran is among the few countries that's honest about the #coronavirus. Regional countries with major airports & large tourist numbers are heavily affected. It's creating an economic crisis with less impact on Iran (ironically) due to the illegal sanctions.
Edited by simtemple

15 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

Which is why you should leave asap if you are worried. As should everyone else. Return only when the coast is clear, in about 2 years time. 

I can not teell the future but I can predict the future; Covid-21 , bigger longer uncut.  ????

15 minutes ago, DFPhuket said:

I find it odd that I'm not finding a news source other than ThaiPBSWorld reporting this story. Considering how important tourism is, it would seem like this should be a huge story and thus would be reported widely. 

In referring to the ThaiPBSWorld story, the Thaiger reports, "The Thai Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul briefly showed the announcement on his Facebook page yesterday afternoon.... But the post was deleted minutes later without explanations..."

Could this be an inaccurate story? 

Story/rule is going to get the axe, it seems, but to answer your question, I read it on CNN too, so not only ThaiPBS picked it up. 

16 hours ago, BobbyL said:

All returnees from these nations and territories must self-quarantine for 14 days, he said.

Impossible to control. What about the tourists arriving from these destinations? I guess that is fine. 

Suggest YOU READ the ENTIRE STORY. THAT will answer your question!

14 minutes ago, simtemple said:
Professor Marandi is a regular debater on RT's Crosstalk: What is Thailand doing with the bodies? 

·
6h

We're just learning that Iran is among the few countries that's honest about the #coronavirus. Regional countries with major airports & large tourist numbers are heavily affected. It's creating an economic crisis with less impact on Iran (ironically) due to the illegal sanctions.

Get real...lol..."Iran is being honest???! People on the spot, in Qom, say people are and have been dropping like flies, but Iranian officials call it "fake news." 

• Thanks 1

How many people have actually been infected or died as a result of to the Wuhan virus? There are reasons to be at least somewhat sceptical about the numbers from “official” sources currently being handed down by the mass media as gospel.

The vast majority of COVID-19 cases are in China, where medical teams are now using less-reliable CT scans, rather than blood tests, to identify new cases of corona infection in the Hubei province at the epicentre of the outbreak.

In the US, instead of using the standard WHO test, the Centre for Disease Control has muddied the waters by devising its own alternative method of identifying cases of the new virus among US citizens.

As a result, in “all but a handful” of state laboratories, the bespoke test “falsely flagged the presence of the other viruses in harmless samples”.

https://archive.is/3fuqx#selection-815.309-815.499

Whatever the true tally of deaths and infections from COVID-19 may be, one fact is clear. The media-stoked "pandemic" panic is manna from heaven for the political and corporate lobby calling for global governance  to tackle pandemics and issues which have no respect for national borders.

As infection rates continue to rise, louder grows the demand for air travellers to be given protective shots with one of the COVID-19 vaccines currently in the pipeline before being allowed to fly.

https://theconversation.com/airplanes-spread-diseases-quickly-so-maybe-unvaccinated-people-shouldnt-be-allowed-to-fly-131361

This is, of course, heartening news for Big Pharma. Advocates for human rights, however, view the proposal as a dangerous step towards the Technocracy’s goal of global compulsory vaccination programmes embracing a wide variety of diseases against which protection is presently purely voluntary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8H--gdlOyo

Edited by Krataiboy
  • Haha 1

All returnees from these nations and territories must self-quarantine for 14 days, he said.

Impossible to control. What about the tourists arriving from these destinations? I guess that is fine. 

Of course it includes tourists. They will probably have some problem at immigration when arriving. 

So what do you do if you transit through Hong Kong airport?

Imagine you are a tourist fro one of the high risk countries. You booked your 2 week holiday a month ago and are now arriving in Thailand for fun, relaxation and travelling to Phuket, Chiang Mai, Pattaya and Bangkok.

You are told at the airport, sorry, you must self-quarantine for 2 weeks, not travel and avoid public contact.

It's an impossible sell for the tourism industry. I can see why the announcement is vague and avoids using the word 'tourist'.

• Like 1

I guess minister Anutin have made a misstake once again. What he says is clearly, if you arrive from a high risk country stay isolated for 14 days even if you not have any symtoms, but if you get symtoms break the isolation and go to nearest hospital. In all other countries they say, if you get symtoms isolate your self and call the hospital do not go there. 

3 hours ago, herwin1234 said:

Until now "only" one deaths in Thailand. Usa already 6 deaths. Thailand must be doing something good i guess...

Yes, staying hot. I understand that the virus doesn't like 'hot'.

• Like 1