GF refused uk visitor visa

58 minutes ago, GarryP said:

In the application I filled out for my wife very recently, I used my email address as the online form clearly specified that I could do so. I also gave my wife's email address as it was asked for further down the form.

On Monday, I got an email telling me that the application was now under consideration. My wife had been refused a visa to the US before I met her, and we included such information in the application form where it asks if you have ever been refused a visa. 

Hope you have better luck next time. But I believe you will need to be quite explicit now as to refused visas. You will also need to include the latest refusal.  

Well, good luck with it.

Sorry, but I bet she will be refused possibly forcing you into a Fiance Visa (12 months+ wait).

Keep us posted.

26 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Well, good luck with it.

Sorry, but I bet she will be refused possibly forcing you into a Fiance Visa (12 months+ wait).

Keep us posted.

I think you misunderstood. My wife has not been refused a visa to the UK. In fact she has been there twice before, first as my girlfriend and second time as my wife. This will be the third application. However, on each of those applications we answered that she had previously had a visa rejected for the US. In other words, we were upfront.  Any way, my situation is quite different as I live in Thailand and we just go to the UK to visit my parents.  

my thai friends always fill in their own applications, occasionally they ask me to proofread their covering letter. i always stress to them that they must tell the truth. non have ever been denied.

i feel for you, it is not a good feeling knowing someone close to you cannot be straight and honest with you.

4 hours ago, marin said:

Scott, she would remember and should have known there are questions like this.  She sounds like a little kid. Her "auntie" filled out her first application and you the second. Why did she not complete the forms on her own. Something smells a bit fishy to me as well. 

Sorry but my opinion is a second application would have little to no chance of being granted.. She should also remember why she was refused the first time..

I hate dogging on people but he's absolutely one hundred percent correct with this statement. 

She knew. That's not something you would forget. She had a 100 percent failure rate before you applied again for her. It's not something as small as forgetting to buy milk because it "slipped" her mind. She applied once, was denied once and probably figured if you filled out the form she would be ok. 

• Like 1

On 3/4/2020 at 8:34 AM, theoldgit said:

Applicants are not only required to submit their current passport but also previous ones, her previous passport would have shown her earlier visa refusal. If she'd lost her previous passport she should have declared so.

Really, does anyone keep there old passports, never heard that before.

20 minutes ago, BLACKJACK2 said:

I have all my old passports don't really know why, but it is nice to look at all

the places I've been over the years.

The downside is seeing how much I've aged over the years!!

• Haha 1

On 3/4/2020 at 10:38 AM, Nakmuay887 said:

I hate dogging on people but he's absolutely one hundred percent correct with this statement. 

She knew. That's not something you would forget. She had a 100 percent failure rate before you applied again for her. It's not something as small as forgetting to buy milk because it "slipped" her mind. She applied once, was denied once and probably figured if you filled out the form she would be ok. 

She's not got 100% failure rate though, she's been to Italy 3 times before I knew her. Yesterday after thinking about it I remember her about 2 years ago mentioning that she got refused.  So I forgot too. Looks like I'm partly at fault too

20 minutes ago, pdtokyo said:

You don't need to beat yourself up and you certainly don't need to go near that ugly phrase "Txxx-bashing" ... there are cultural differences everywhere ... look to Scotland/England/Ireland/Wales for home-grown examples. These difference imo make the place more interesting.

It's obvious to me that many Asian cultures (my experience mostly Japan but also Thai/Malaysia/China/Vietnam) often include a resistance to pass on bad news.

This is not necessarily a bad thing for you in this case ... as i recommended in my previous post ... i urge you to use this cultural difference ("she was embarrassed") to your advantage.

Keep any apology simple and clear and candid and short and there's a good chance it will be accepted.

Won't hurt to add a dash of grovel ("we hope you will overlook this error of judgement and look favourably on our fresh application") if you like.

Good luck and please keep us posted.

Cheers pal, I need to stop beating myself up about it.  I think over the weekend I will draft a copy of a letter and decide what to do.

2 hours ago, BLACKJACK2 said:

Maybe you haven’t, but I suspect most Visa Nationals know the requirement to submit their previous passports their visa applications to a number of countries including the UK, where incidentally it’s listed in the documents that should be submitted with an application.

I’ve got mine going back years. 

44 minutes ago, Scott228 said:

Cheers pal, I need to stop beating myself up about it.  I think over the weekend I will draft a copy of a letter and decide what to do.

I don’t want to harp on about this being her application, but it’s her that needs to convince the decision maker that where she went wrong this time was a genuine mistake and that this was, and future applications are genuine and that she has strong ties to her own country.

18 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

I don’t want to harp on about this being her application, but it’s her that needs to convince the decision maker that where she went wrong this time was a genuine mistake and that this was, and future applications are genuine and that she has strong ties to her own country.

Yes, sorry I'm meaning on my attached invitation letter. I will make sure that she explains on her letter also. Should I correct her spelling or leave it as she writes. Her English speaking is perfect but her spelling isnt

45 minutes ago, Scott228 said:

Yes, sorry I'm meaning on my attached invitation letter. I will make sure that she explains on her letter also. Should I correct her spelling or leave it as she writes. Her English speaking is perfect but her spelling isnt

Yes, no reason at all why you shouldn’t draft a letter on her behalf, maybe include a short sentence explaining  what you’ve just said.

She really must be fully aware of the full contents of her application, it’s not unknown for applicants to be called to clarify points.

Forgive me if I’m wrong but I can’t help but suspect you’ve rather taken over the application, I can fully understand your reasoning, but it seems to have backfired.

2 hours ago, Scott228 said:

She's not got 100% failure rate though, she's been to Italy 3 times before I knew her. Yesterday after thinking about it I remember her about 2 years ago mentioning that she got refused.  So I forgot too. Looks like I'm partly at fault too

Lol

So.... It didn't just slip her mind. 

4 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

Yes, no reason at all why you shouldn’t draft a letter on her behalf, maybe include a short sentence explaining  what you’ve just said.

She really must be fully aware of the full contents of her application, it’s not unknown for applicants to be called to clarify points.

Forgive me if I’m wrong but I can’t help but suspect you’ve rather taken over the application, I can fully understand your reasoning, but it seems to have backfired.

Thanks for your advice. Yes you are correct I fully took over. With hindsight I should have taken a step back.

2 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Lol

So.... It didn't just slip her mind. 

Tbf she did tell me in what was just a general conversation we had about two years ago that even I had forgotten about. Just yesterday as I kept going over things in my head somehow it triggered a memory from somewhere in my mind. And now I can remember the conversation clearly.

I genuinely believe because I kept making sure she had my paperwork (mortgage statement/council tax/ bank statements/self employed tax returns) I had stressed her out. 

20 hours ago, Scott228 said:

I genuinely believe because I kept making sure she had my paperwork (mortgage statement/council tax/ bank statements/self employed tax returns) I had stressed her out. 

All of this for a visitor visa? I think it is you that is stressed out.

maybe better to ask for any potential future surprises... people often forget or try to forget their "grey/dark" past, just an idea as it happen to a good friend of mine, but it's your call as it relates to your life

In the end all you can do is to apply for another visa with a full explanation of why wrong information about the previous application was given. No amount of speculation will answer the question.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1