Dear tenants.......

it cuts both ways, I rented maybe four places over 6years and two done their best to stick to the deposit even the one I am in now tried to tell me (I had told him I was moving out at the end of the lease) that he was

keeping the 18k deposit as the curtains needed cleaning? the wife went and got them done for 400 baht, and he sold the condo to his mate who has been grade A since he took over, on the other side of the coin my Tennant back home made a point of never paying on time, stealing my

tools, and telling me I could not sell the property, made a sale within three weeks and told him when I took the keys off him in front of his work mates ,that he just pushed me to far. he says to people I am a bad man?  

Edited by zoza
  • Haha 1

On 3/4/2020 at 7:08 PM, Lacessit said:

You would need to speak reasonable Thai to get anywhere here with the ladies.

No..... I wouldnt. All I need to say is American and Baht.

2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I think I stayed at the same AirBnB, lol.  Some of them are outrageous, I stayed at one in Sydney that had an instruction list for everything, how to flush the toilet, how to clean the shower after use "and" how to feed the owners cats. 

Landlords and tenants often have no clue about short term rentals, as you say, it can often be a nightmare for both.

True, I rented out a luxury house on Jomtien beach for several years, some tenants were very thoughtful, paid on time, no hassles for either party.

I also had several tenants from hell, all of them were western. 

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

On 3/4/2020 at 4:57 PM, Lacessit said:

Agent took the deposit, gave it back. She doesn't know it, but she's been fired.

Don't you think that it would be better to handle this yourself ? I never trust a Agent . Same as for repairing things , they don't care what it cost /quality they don't have to pay out of their own pocket. Seen too many bad agents.

On 3/4/2020 at 4:48 PM, Lacessit said:

Dear one-month tenants of my condo,

Leave the short term tenants for the hotels.

The money sounds good but it comes with too many issues.

6 or 12 month contracts only.

On 3/4/2020 at 5:20 PM, BritManToo said:

He should have lowered the price, 3/4 or 1/2 or 1/4 is better than nothing for 2 years.

It's just poor business sense.

Lower the price 3/4 , 1/2 , 1/4 and still have your <deleted> broken and soiled and filthy doesn't make sense to me . Then better empty . But that's my opinion . 

I feel your pain. I learnt my lesson about short term lets from Thais and foreigners. My tenants are signed up for two years. Cheap rent but I only need to be concerned about how they might have left it very infrequently. i told the agent only to contact me with the payment details.

Rooster

This is horrible, i would be upset as well.  they disrespected you and your place, without any worry about you or who will stay there next.  horrible people, for sure.  unless they were 25 or younger (shouldn't rent to anyone under 35), they should have been raised a little better.   

i would never rent my place out, and especially not in Thailand.  i'm sure they are laughing about this, and then they won't care about you at all.....so remember this going forward.  

Yeah this is a tricky one. I'm in my early 50's and had rentals for years in NZ and Oz. Managed them myself as I thought no-one can do a better job and have more interest in them than myself. I had 2 bad tenants in 20 year's, never did monthly rents. I always try and take care of places I rent also as well as looked after rentals I owned. Unfortunately other people don't have the respect for others property that most people reading this topic would have. I sold them all off and I can't tell you how much more relaxed I am. Of course seperating from the wife and moving to Thailand helped too. Get out of renting is my advice unless you are in a very high capital growth area. 

On 3/4/2020 at 7:13 PM, roo860 said:

How did the Council manage to do the work without your permission?

Council tax is usually the tenants responsibility so it would be in his name. Therefore Council may have assumed he was the owner.

I have an argument going on right now over my house in the UK which had been rented out to a tenant. I paid an agency to fully manage the property but they failed to carry out maintenance as requested by the tenant. The agent also failed to inform me of the problems. First thing I knew was when I got a message the tenant was moving out due to lack of maintenance.

Now tenant does not want to pay for repairs or cleaning or maintenance and agent is being evasive. Deposit was supposed to be in a tenancy deposit scheme, but it appears the agency has that.

No one wants to be responsible.... (sounds just like Thailand).

"I didn't really want your leftover cheese and butter that you left in the refrigerator. "

Are you not being a bit childish? They paid for a full month, breaking some small  things certainly isnt good but complaining about leftover cheese? 

They are paying guests, they can leave without cleaning the floor and cleaning the fridge and cleaning the windows...

3 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Why are you too lazy to Google it?

I do not read the Thaivisa forum to google things, if I wanted to google everything, maybe I should not bother reading Thaivisa.

4 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

I have an argument going on right now over my house in the UK which had been rented out to a tenant. I paid an agency to fully manage the property but they failed to carry out maintenance as requested by the tenant. The agent also failed to inform me of the problems. First thing I knew was when I got a message the tenant was moving out due to lack of maintenance.

Now tenant does not want to pay for repairs or cleaning or maintenance and agent is being evasive. Deposit was supposed to be in a tenancy deposit scheme, but it appears the agency has that.

No one wants to be responsible.... (sounds just like Thailand).

Sounds like a dodgy agency.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, possum1931 said:

OP. What is OCD? Why are you too lazy to print the words??:crazy:

Too many posters are that used to their smartphones and texting they forget Thaivisa is a forum, nothing wrong with the obvious ones like IOs or GFs, or using initials when the words have already been used in the topic, but come on.

On 3/4/2020 at 4:57 PM, Lacessit said:

Agent took the deposit, gave it back. She doesn't know it, but she's been fired.

Then go to the agency and demand a proper sum returned to you. An agent is not supposed to give the money back before contacting the owner. 

On 3/7/2020 at 10:45 AM, CH1961 said:

Usual whining of short time landlords. 

Typical wannabe hotel business runners, one shoebox for rent, no tax payment at all and whining when the fridge is dirty ????

You sound like the kind of tenant I would reject.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2020 at 1:03 PM, possum1931 said:

OP. What is OCD? Why are you too lazy to print the words??:crazy:

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Are you too lazy to use Google if you don't understand acronyms?

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, herwin1234 said:

"I didn't really want your leftover cheese and butter that you left in the refrigerator. "

Are you not being a bit childish? They paid for a full month, breaking some small  things certainly isnt good but complaining about leftover cheese? 

They are paying guests, they can leave without cleaning the floor and cleaning the fridge and cleaning the windows...

I'm actually surprised they did not have at least one bout of gastroenteritis, given the crud on the knives, forks and spoons. Perhaps they have developed immunity from repeated exposure.

I did not expect them to clean the floor, fridge or windows. Owning up to damaging things, and paying for them, is what I would expect, and would do myself.

Perhaps you were behind the door when recognizing sarcasm was handed out.

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

Then go to the agency and demand a proper sum returned to you. An agent is not supposed to give the money back before contacting the owner. 

In Thailand? Blood from a stone.

8 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Saying that in the wrong places here could get you kidnapped.

Yeah well all kidding aside, Ive been where you are and didnt like it either.

With respect to rentals I mean.

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Are you too lazy to use Google if you don't understand acronyms?

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

i have already given you my answer, I will repeat again, you are on a forum, not texting from your smartphone, if I wanted to use Google, why bother reading a topic on a forum? 

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

i have already given you my answer, I will repeat again, you are on a forum, not texting from your smartphone, if I wanted to use Google, why bother reading a topic on a forum? 

IMO most people would recognize the OCD acronym. If you are not one of them, that's your problem, not mine.

Here is a solution for you - stay off the threads I post, and put me on your ignore list. It will be a badge of honor.

• Like 2