Thailand’s Koh Phangan full moon party cancelled

webfact

i am sure this is traveling all over the world like lightning with the backpackers and Songkran crowd who come every year. 

those who did not cancel so far will be cancelling today.

so far for me the race in Buriram, Music festival in Pattaya, car show in Bangkok and the full moon party have gone away.

waiting to hear about the Rocket Festival in Yasothon. 

noticed two farang tourists looking for hand clearer and Dettol in a local market. usually sunscreen.  

• Like 1

Of course , many people being in close contact to each other facilitates the spread of the virus , well known ... but what about supermarkets , immigration offices , airports and train stations , local food markets ... coming into close contact ( +- 2m ) with somebody increases the risk of being infected .

Will be difficult to avoid all this ...

It seems to me that Thais think that only foreigners can spread this disease.

Cancel the FMP which is only one night (and most attendees are already on the island or on Koh Samui), but let the week-long (Thai) festival in Phetchaburi carry on as normal.

Also - I was 'tested' when entering Macro yesterday - along with a few other foreigners, but I did not see any Thais being tested???

Strange.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tropicalevo said:

It seems to me that Thais think that only foreigners can spread this disease.

Cancel the FMP which is only one night (and most attendees are already on the island or on Koh Samui), but let the week-long (Thai) festival in Phetchaburi carry on as normal.

Also - I was 'tested' when entering Macro yesterday - along with a few other foreigners, but I did not see any Thais being tested???

Strange.

My Thai girlfriend was tested, and we didn't walk together.

I was also tested, however let inside even I might have been close to foreigners – even dangerous Italians – in the crowded nightlife, which will be even more crowded in the weekend and now also the full Moon night...:whistling:

A pity cancelling the FMP, that might harm tourism a lot with up to 30,000 monthly party-guests – some media has even stated 40,000 and 50,000 – whatever correct number attending the party, just the crowd on Sunrise Beach compared to European festivals prove that the number of visitors is high...

20)wDSC03148_full-beach.jpg.a027002ba91c011b714aeb19f158f47e.jpg

Sunrise Beach seen from The Rock side on a full Moon night.

3 hours ago, Jimbo2014 said:

The picture looks like a photo from the Gay Sydney Madi Gra.  Complete sausage fest.  ????

The farang macho males are taller than the short, especially Asian women – you should have seen my FMP-photos...????

• Haha 1