Songkran in Pattaya CANCELLED - only religious activities permitted

Jonathan Fairfield

18 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

The Authorities made have announced that Songkran is cancelled, but all they need to do now is ACTUALLY stop the Thais doing exactly as they please, and carrying on anyway.

Easier said than done.

Well why not ? Prayut stopped the passenger vans driving like maniacs didn't he? He told them not to!????

12 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

I would have thought there was more chance of catching the virus in a crowded temple than in the open air. 

YE of little faith.  No virus would dare the wrath of a head monk in any wat .  Just go and make merit...you have nothing to fear.  ????

4 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

YE of little faith.  No virus would dare the wrath of a head monk in any wat .  Just go and make merit...you have nothing to fear.  ????

Your right. I'll take the wife's car. It was blessed by monks, so there's no chance of me having an accident on the way!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

So throwing water at someone is banned yet buying a poor prostitute from a gogo bar is allowed?

Urban myth. There aren't any poor prostitutes working in gogo bars. I wish I had their monthly income. Taking a hit currently due to the abscence of the 2 week millionaire Koreans.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

There's a story that parents asked at their kids school if there was concern about the corona virus.

Head lady replied, 'No, the virus is not allowed to come inside schools!

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, emptypockets said:

And all the grumpy old gits danced around their room with their zimmer frames.

You can bet your bottom dollar soi 6 will be awash with water regardless of any announcements.

That's because most of the thickos in Soi 6 can't read

• Haha 1

They have canceled it on Samui too. Probably a good idea. Now the South by SW Music Festival in Austin, Texas and the large annual Music event in Miami have been cancelled. This is big. It is not so much the reality, as it is the perception, the fear and the panic. The numbers are swelling in the US, at least partly due to an astonishing lack of preparation for this. So far, the highest mortality rate on earth. 17 deaths from just 335 cases. Says alot about both US health care and the administration's insistence on politicizing this. 

Edited by spidermike007

It is not cancelled.. The mayor said it is unforcable to prevent ppl playing with water.. So it will still be hapoening eveeywhere.. It's funny how they can close all bars for Holidays but can't stoo them turning on their watee.

Who knows ... a return to Buddhist roots and rituals might even encourage tourism .. as long as the water wars are kept to certain venues like KSR etc.

Had it once in Pattaya 15 years ago, that was quite enough. Fun to start with but by day 4 it's worn off - getting a bit boring not being able to go out without constantly getting water dumped on you.

• Thanks 1