Be careful what you wish for! Suvarnabhumi airport left deserted due to COVID-19

rooster59

8 hours ago, MikeyScars said:

My Japanese friend just sent me an article (it's in Japanese, so use google translate although it's not a perfect translation) which was dated March 4th, 2020.  

The main point was that AOT has sent 3 individuals of having a Wuhan virus symptoms to the hospital directly from the airport.

1.) Indian man arriving at Don Mueang Airport from Narita.  He had 37.7 degrees. 

2.) German man arriving at Phuket Airport from Singapore.  He had 38.6 degrees with cough and a runny nose.

3.) Japanese woman who was scheduled to depart from Suavarnabhumi Airport back to Japan.  She had 37.1 degrees with cough and a runny nose.  

My guess is that they are under the famous PUI.  

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20200304-00000006-nna_kyodo-asia

Who is the famous Pui and what is she famous for?

On 3/7/2020 at 11:41 PM, Peterbilt said:

On top of this one should take in consideration that many homes in Wuhan (and not only Wuhan....) do NOT have a heating.
Former dictator Mao had decided that Chinese living south of the Yangtse river do not need a heating.
I still remember that picture my ex-fiancee did sent me, showing her complete family in thick winter jackets inside a room during Chinese new year.
And she lives in Wuhan.......

True.  And it stands to this day along with the ruling that lifts are not allowed in buildings under 11 storeys tall.

However.

Many aircon systems these days have a heating option though. Plus there are oil radiators, electric fan heaters etc that were not available in the Mao years. Also, many southern Chinese enjoy the months of cooler weather. They just put on their puffer jackets and watch TV.

• Like 1

It will take quite a moment for the airline business to recover globally.

Only those with the strongest Treasury reserves could survive....provided they slash prices for the next few years and hand out special offers all year around ????.....but in banking and business, the actors never seem to learn their lesson....

• Like 1

On 3/7/2020 at 8:25 AM, johndudorn said:

I departed on the 5th and I have pictures of an empty airport.  Plenty of places to sit and lay down. Not 10 minuets to go through immigration fast track. Flight from Udorn about 50%, BKK to NRT 70%, NRT to ORD about 65%... Almost no one wearing masks in the US... 

bangkok airport.jpg

bangkok airport1.jpg

Edited by johndudorn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/7/2020 at 3:07 AM, Swimfan said:

Why ? Same same here Thailand only have 40 cases of corona

53 as of today. But the real shame is on Western countries who are unable to contain it. USA, UK, and the entire Europe is out control. WHO declares pandemic. All markets are tanking. World wide recession is eminent. What a shame to wealthy nations who always botched all earlier pandemics also. As if they don't learn from the past. Who are running these countries? As if truck drivers, brick layers, and plumbers are at the helm of controlling the spread in the Western countries. 

Edited by CartagenaWarlock
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/8/2020 at 8:44 PM, zhounan said:

It will be a world problem, a global economic crisis or crash probably

only a vaccine or some medication can turn this around rapidly..theres a magic pill out there somewhere

• Like 1