Covid-19 and the economy: Big four star Bangkok hotel operating for 50 years announces closure

rooster59

Covid-19 and the economy: Big four star Bangkok hotel operating for 50 years announces closure

hotel.JPG

Image: Daily News

The Windsor Suites Hotel on Sukhumvit Road Soi 20 in Bangkok has announced that it is closing temporarily from the end of April.

A memo to staff from the general manager said they would all be made redundant.

The Covid-19 crisis and a "dramatic downturn in business" is to blame.

The memo said that renovations would be taking place and the hotel would reopen when demand had returned to normal. Existing staff who wanted to reapply to work their again would be given priority, they said.

The hotel says online that it has 347 suites and is just 350 yards from Asok BTS in the downtown area of Bangkok.

It has been in operation for 50 years and is a 4 star facility.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-03-07
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I stayed in The Windsor Suites Hotel early 2014 during the "Bangkok Shutdown" sit-ins. Great hotel in a great location. I am surprised the hotel is 50 years old because the building seemed a lot newer than that. Were they operating in a much smaller building before the current one?

1 hour ago, xtof2 said:

This place is a slum... for a so-called 4 star hotel.

Not a surprise, the bad ones out first.

Not sure why you say that. Back in 2014 when I stayed there I was quite impressed by the hotel and the room. Maybe I had a better room than you. Maybe I was naive back then. Maybe I need to try more 4 star hotels. ????

• Like 2

Don't blame the virus, look for reasons in your management and how tourists around the world are treated in this country.
The bubble begins to explode, well done BOT, without your support (Baht artificially held high) it would have taken a little longer!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 30la said:

Don't blame the virus, look for reasons in your management and how tourists around the world are treated in this country.
The bubble begins to explode, well done BOT, without your support (Baht artificially held high) it would have taken a little longer!

Please explain to us how you believe the BoT keeps the ThB artificially high?

• Thanks 2