New form to keep track of foreigners in Kingdom

geovalin

An electronic application form has been launched this year by the Ministry of Interior’s General Department of Immigration, which aims to record data about foreigners living in and visiting Cambodia. However, the new measure has raised some concerns among some foreign residents. Speaking to Khmer Times on conditions of anonymity, one foreigner said he was asked to answer the required information via a 45-minute interview.

“Heads up, everyone. Cambodia is now tracking all foreigners in the country. They stopped by my place just now and spent 45 minutes interviewing me then had me set myself up on their app, asking me to record where I live in Cambodia,” he said. “Apparently, I’m one of the first ones [to be interviewed] given my ID number in the system. They will stop by your house or your workplace,” added the man who has been working in Cambodia for several years.

The man claimed to have been interviewed in a hotel in the capital and was asked for his photograph, a copy of his lease agreement, passport and a copy of it. General Department of Immigration spokesman General Keo Vanthan yesterday confirmed the said gathering of data, saying the government has mandated all foreigners who live in Cambodia to fill in the form as it needs to record data about the Kingdom’s foreign residents and visitors.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50699629/new-form-to-keep-track-of-foreigners-in-kingdom

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, geovalin said:

An electronic application form has been launched this year by the Ministry of Interior’s General Department of Immigration, which aims to record data about foreigners living in and visiting Cambodia

A cheaper option is being mentioned for future use in Thailand for foreigners. A T-shirt

depositphotos_13980438-stock-illustration-cartoon-man-with-target-on.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

A cheaper option is being mentioned for future use in Thailand for foreigners. A T-shirt

depositphotos_13980438-stock-illustration-cartoon-man-with-target-on.jpg

At least it is not a yellow star ... we had this somewhere already , and it did not end good ...