HBO goes to 3BB?

JaiMaai

Hopefully can subscribe to HBO separately without the internet.  Had 3BB Fiber before and my experience with them was terrible.   Speeds never reached what was advertised and their customer service and call center are seemed clueless when dealing with them. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

17 hours ago, arkom said:

Hopefully can subscribe to HBO separately without the internet.  Had 3BB Fiber before and my experience with them was terrible.   Speeds never reached what was advertised and their customer service and call center are seemed clueless when dealing with them. 

You couldn't get HBO from AIS unless you were an AIS customer, so I doubted 3BB would be any different BUT I found the article suggesting HBO will have an app on the Play Store where it can be downloaded and subscribed to for THB 149 pm.

https://tbivision.com/2020/03/09/hbo-go-finds-new-home-with-3bb-in-thailand/ 

Same here with 3BB too, had their service for a year about 4 years ago, pretty abysmal and certainly no desire to go back to them just to chase HBO.  They may even jump ship again in year or two.  No stability.

Edited by SooKee

18 hours ago, arkom said:

I guess it’s down to the contention ratio In your area. I get good speeds as advertised. Downtime is very rare, usually cause by cables that have broken along the road to my house for unknown reason, once reported the guys arrive pretty swiftly. 

But agreed, I had issues way over the heads of the call centre staff But yet you had to go through unnecessary procedures and repeating myself to people who didn’t have a clue about the issues I was describing before speaking to the IT team, but I guess that applies to a lot of things in Thailand.

19 hours ago, arkom said:

You cannot subscribe to HBO separately, from the terms and conditions:

Customer is required to pay the Internet package fee, which includes HBO GO price of 149 baht and MONOMAX price of 250 baht. 39 baht will be charged after HBO GO is available.

HBO GO and MONOMAX cannot be charged separately from the Internet package. Customer is eligible for GPON ONT rental valued of 2,200 baht and discount on installation fee of 5,000 baht (Entrance Fee 4,800 baht) with 24-month contract. Existing customer who wants to change to this packaged will be renewed 24-month contract.

Having 3BB fiber for about 7 months.

Zero headaches, paying for 100/100 Mbit, getting 200/200 most of the day.

Simply had no reason to test their customer service.

Seems service varies much from region to region.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, arkom said:

You'll find all the service providers are the same

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Sophon said:

You cannot subscribe to HBO separately, from the terms and conditions:

You will be able to subscribe to HBO for THB 149 per month via their app to be released in the Google and Apple play stores from 30 March.

Yes this is correct my HBO starts effective on March 30th on my new 3BB account and I’m all hooked up and ready. A lot cheaper than AIS as well but less channels so that’s also going to mean more online streaming but better than what AIS offers as of today! 

• Like 1

On 3/10/2020 at 4:46 PM, SooKee said:

You will be able to subscribe to HBO for THB 149 per month via their app to be released in the Google and Apple play stores from 30 March.

Mine was 1200 baht a month but I got their fastest service. 

• Like 1

All they will have on the 30th is HBO and Cinemax but 3BB has a great app where I can still stream a few episodes of a couple of TV shows we’re going to miss for the next couple of weeks not really a big deal at least it’s cheaper service with faster internet. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/9/2020 at 4:00 PM, arkom said:

Yeah they just gave me a free upgrade from 200/200 to 1000/100 but I can only get 600/100 .............

On 3/10/2020 at 10:12 AM, Pib said:

How does the 3BB TV service work?  Is it really just using a "browser" type interface to select/view TV channels or is it like True and AIS TV boxes?    

It's HBO GO ........ android app that allows you to watch HBO on any smart device.

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

It's HBO GO ........ android app that allows you to watch HBO on any smart device.

Wasn't talking about HBO GO specifically; was asking how does a person watch the TV channels included in the 3BB service like before HBO came along to 3BB.  With True and AIS you are provided a TV box (usually Android type now days) and then you can set back in your easy chair with remote in hand and change through the channels/movies/etc.  

Does 3BB offer such a TV box or do you need to watch their TV channels with computer/phone/separate android box you basically using a browser type interface.  From looking at the 3BB website I guess its a Cloud TV type interface....that is, using a computer browser interface.

58 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

3bb phone app .... the upgrades are offered to everyone.

Just select the upgrade you want in the app, and next day it's working.

yes, thanks for the information.

I saw that but it read for a free 30 day upgrade.

48 minutes ago, Pib said:

Wasn't talking about HBO GO specifically; was asking how does a person watch the TV channels included in the 3BB service like before HBO came along to 3BB.  With True and AIS you are provided a TV box (usually Android type now days) and then you can set back in your easy chair with remote in hand and change through the channels/movies/etc.  

Does 3BB offer such a TV box or do you need to watch their TV channels with computer/phone/separate android box you basically using a browser type interface.  From looking at the 3BB website I guess its a Cloud TV type interface....that is, using a computer browser interface.

You can download from playstore 3BB cloudtv Android box

On 3/10/2020 at 1:55 PM, LNKDES1 said:

Your experience with 3BB is the exact opposite of mine. I've had 3BB internet for the past 8 years over here in Nakon Nowhere, and have had little, if any, problems. Whenever we've had an outage (and there have been some over the 8 years), their customer service response has been first rate. Even my changeover to fiber 6 yrs ago was seamless. Speeds are consistently above what I'm paying for. Only problem I seemed to have had was their reluctance to burying my line (I hate overhead lines), so I had that done myself. No complaints here.

same here over 10 years of 3bb and almost never any problems. Bangyai Nothaburi area.

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

3bb phone app .... the upgrades are offered to everyone.

Just select the upgrade you want in the app, and next day it's working.

I am going from 400/400 @ Bht 749 per month, to 1000/100 for 590. They are coming tomorrow to give a new router.

Never had much problem with 3BB up here in the jungle, and always quickly fixed when there was one. 3BB rules!

The 3BB App is region locked and I can't download.  AIS play wasn't.  My Apple account is still linked to the US and not sure if I want to change.  I have a Samsung TV, will check to see if I can download the application on it. 

Correction I think. HBO will be available on 3BB on March 31st I was told. But I was also told the 30th. It sounds like the HBO GO app will be available on March 30th the day prior I think is what she meant to say. But she made it sound like the app should be available for download now but apparently not until the 30th or the 31st according to an email they sent me. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Saraburi121 said:

The 3BB App is region locked and I can't download.  AIS play wasn't.  My Apple account is still linked to the US and not sure if I want to change.  I have a Samsung TV, will check to see if I can download the application on it. 

I was just commenting on that they told me via email that the app won’t be available for download until 30 or 31 March. So it’s coming soon. In fact I might be in the same situation if so I’ll have to temporarily change it to my Thai billing address instead and then change it back to the United States I’ve had to do that before a few times over the years and it’s not that hard, it might require a phone call to the Apple Store. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to change mine either but you can change it back but it can be a little bit of a hassle. I’m gonna ask the technician again on Tuesday when he comes out. 

Edited by JimLuce
  • Like 2

On 3/16/2020 at 7:39 AM, Saraburi121 said:

I was thinking about your post because I really thought I was in the same situation and it might be the case but according to my email inquiry 3BB told me that the HBO GO app isn’t even available for download until the 31st. I also heard the from a separate 3BB employee at the mall that HBO wouldn’t be available till the 30th but she told me that day the first time I was there in person that the HBO GO app should be at least already available for download. So I think maybe that’s just what she thought because when I sent them an email I received a response yesterday and they replied and said the HBO GO app isn’t available for download until the 31st. 

But if it actually is because of the iTunes region that can always be changed I’ve had to do that twice here in 5 years because sometimes that is actually an issue with iTunes in Thailand because of legal issues and censorship laws. If your iTunes region is locked to the United States as mine is it’ll probably take an hour on the phone with Apple Care to temporarily switch it to Thailand so you can download the HBO GO app. If your region isn’t locked you might be able to switch it to Thailand and then back to the United States by yourself. My iTunes is set up exactly like that I’ve been doing it like that since 2010 and it’s never been a problem just a hassle switching it back and fourth every time there’s an app only available in Thailand that I need.

In order to switch it temporarily from the United States to Thailand you need a Thai debit or credit card and your United States debit or credit card so you can switch your billing address that’s just how I do it under settings. That’s how you can switch your iTunes account region from the United States to Thailand and then download the Thai app you need and then you just simply switch your iTunes account region right back to the United States a minute later. It’s usually pretty easy to do except sometimes I have to call Apple Care. But we already know for sure that HBO isn’t available until the 30th or the 31st so I’m gonna wait and if I still cannot download it on the 31st then I’ll call Apple Care and go into settings and temporarily switch my iTunes region to Thailand and then download the 3BB HBO GO app as soon as it’s available on iTunes for download, and then just switch my iTunes region back to the United States again as I’ve had to do a couple of time here in Thailand over the years. 

This way by keeping your iTunes region set to the United States you can still download whatever movies and music you want uncensored. I’ve been doing this here for several years but occasionally I have to switch my region to Thailand in order to download particular apps but it’s never been a problem before switching my iTunes region back to the United States again after I download whatever Thai app I need. Then you can watch movies uncensored and actually be able to access everything on iTunes. On iTunes Thailand you can’t download everything certain movies aren’t available just like on Netflix that’s why on Netflix you have to use express VPN but on iTunes just keep your region set to the United States and you will always have access to EVERYTHING available on iTunes and not just based on your region. That’s how I’ve been managing my iTunes account for more than 10 years living overseas around this part of the world. But it’s possible to switch back and fourth occasionally just kind of a hassle.

Regardless it looks like the HBO GO app probably really isn’t available for download until the 31st that’s what 3BB told me via email yesterday. So I’m not going to be so fast to switch my iTunes region just yet because it’s always a hassle switching it back to Thailand and then back to the United States. But if it really is because of the iTunes region that’s not necessarily a problem either, that’s easily workable there’s usually a way around the regional issues with downloading movies and apps over here and iTunes actually makes it a lot easier than Netflix as far as changing your region/location.

Living in this part of the world you’ll get good at that if you want decent television service. I’ve been doing this for years and probably a lot more often now because they keep playing musical cable contract every 3 years it seems. 

Edited by JimLuce
  • Like 1