HBO goes to 3BB?

JaiMaai

• 2 months later...

I got the HBO Go subscription from 3BB and feel completely fooled. 

I was looking forward to watch HBO content on my 75" Samsung TV with home cinema sound system.
Turned out HBO Go Thailand is not available on Samsung Smart TV, on Playstation or any other plattform with a big screen. Also mirroring doesn't work since the screen goes black as soon as you start an episode of a series or a movie (I tried with an mirroring App as well via cable). 

Response from 3BB: "watch on your phone".

Any workarounds known so I can watch on my big screen?
I know it's completely stupid to pay for something and then need to use a workaround or VPN to watch but it's too late. I paid 1 year upfront ????

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, KurtCB said:

I was looking forward to watch HBO content on my 75" Samsung TV with home cinema sound system.
Turned out HBO Go Thailand is not available on Samsung Smart TV, on Playstation or any other plattform with a big screen. Also mirroring doesn't work since the screen goes black as soon as you start an episode of a series or a movie (I tried with an mirroring App as well via cable). 

I know it's completely stupid to pay for something and then need to use a workaround or VPN to watch but it's too late. I paid 1 year upfront ????

HBO GO can be accessed through the website. Every Samsung tv has a web browser.

image.png.06d631d9a4dec7b6fe821f58b50ebcdc.png

It also can be cast to the screen, so it looks more as if you have a wealth of no idea.

image.png.866331c89e68701366155dfca286b3dd.png

Edited by Susco
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Susco said:

so it looks more as if you have a wealth of no idea

please drop such comments. this is a forum. If I had an idea I woudn't asking, would I?

If you are such a genius: tell me why the browser on the Samsung TV doesn't work either? Screen goes black immediately after login

@BritManTooI'm expecting what's advertised and promised by sales. Has nothing to do with money.

1 minute ago, KurtCB said:

please drop such comments. this is a forum. If I had an idea I woudn't asking, would I?

If you are such a genius: tell me why the browser on the Samsung TV doesn't work either? Screen goes black immediately after login

@BritManTooI'm expecting what's advertised and promised by sales. Has nothing to do with money.

All the info I posted was taken from the 3BB website, so clearly you couldn't be bothered to do your own research.

If you have a problem with your TV, then you should take it up with Samsung

19 minutes ago, KurtCB said:

Works perfectly on my PC web browser.

Doesn't work well on my LG OS web browser, screen doesn't go FS, and buffering is jerky.

Will try it on my Samsung OS web browser later.

Can confirm, goes black when you login on my Samsung OS web browser.

@Susco Thanks for pointing the HBO streaming website out, I hadn't noticed that either.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Will try it on my Samsung OS web browser later.

that would be great. please let me know, thanks!

For me it looks like HBO Go is blocking it's content on Smart TV's on purpose (in Thailand). When I mirror my phone I can do everything. Mirror all Apps, Fotos and Video. I'm even able to mirror the menu of the HBO Go App. But as soon as I click the "play" button the screen goes black. This is no coincidence!

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/17/2020 at 3:54 PM, KurtCB said:

that would be great. please let me know, thanks!

For me it looks like HBO Go is blocking it's content on Smart TV's on purpose (in Thailand). When I mirror my phone I can do everything. Mirror all Apps, Fotos and Video. I'm even able to mirror the menu of the HBO Go App. But as soon as I click the "play" button the screen goes black. This is no coincidence!

if you go to google playstore on your tv and search for HBO GO you will find app now was uploaded recently

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/9/2020 at 4:00 PM, arkom said:

Hopefully can subscribe to HBO separately without the internet.  Had 3BB Fiber before and my experience with them was terrible.   Speeds never reached what was advertised and their customer service and call center are seemed clueless when dealing with them. 

sounds like sophon lol

On 6/17/2020 at 1:17 PM, KurtCB said:

Yeah, I went through this too .. I made sure I could use it with my Samsung TV - “yes sir, you can use with all smart TV” - I upgraded and it was 35B or something similar on top of my regular gigabit connection.

i went to look for the app on the Samsung App Store - not there, No app. My Samsung is a tizen OS Samsung tv, it’s not android.

Yes, there are work arounds, you can mirror it from your phone .. lol ..  you can watch via the web browser but I don’t think you get 5.1 sound and really? Netflix, YouTube, Facebook, synology all have tizen apps. Catch a wake up 3BB/HBO.

Im sure you can get the HBO app for Apple TV (you can find a second hand gen 4 for about 2000B) but I just bought a firetv stick - I’m really happy with it for 2000B, You can sideload google playstore and then install the HBO go app.

Which is why I came to this thread ... I told 3BB to keep it before, now I have the firetv stick, is worth getting HBO?