Passport left in restaurant

offset

9 minutes ago, tifino said:

if a photo was taken of the photo in the Passport - 'that' could then be Shared/Tagged back to the name of that Facebook page. Hopefully the Page is not Locking out NonFriends Tags etc...

and someone who's a Friend of the FB target would see it, and maybe contact the actual FB acct holder? (never know he might also have a laptop back in his room, to be ponline with?) 

- at least this would eliminate that person if it wasn't the Passport loser himself

I have left a message on the only man with that name on FB

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, offset said:

there is no battery left on phone and we not have a charger that fits it

inter-phone-species adaptor cables are really dirt cheap!

- anything to keep the brick alive in case 'that' Call/Text ever does arrive!

9 minutes ago, tifino said:

inter-phone-species adaptor cables are really dirt cheap!

- anything to keep the brick alive in case 'that' Call/Text ever does arrive!

yes I understand that but I am working now will have to do later but not show if phone is locked

Edited by offset
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, offset said:

yes I understand that but I am working now will have to do later but not show if phone is locked

but at least the phones remotely accessed FindMyPhone feature remains alive - just like how the Google Maps Timeline feature is too...  ????  

the only downside of the phone being eventually tracked to your/GF location - is that if it is located before yous have informed Authorities;

- is that your GF could be railroaded automatically as a thief?

(your thoughtful considerations towards the PP holders Visa status practically becomes a mere Secondary level of importance, don't you think?) 

Protect your Backs

maybe take a number of photos of the Items - with a number of staff all together in each photo, pointing at the PP etc (each becomes each others bulk witness. And then pin up the photos on the restaurant office billboard 

Edited by tifino
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, tifino said:

but at least the phones remotely accessed FindMyPhone feature remains alive - just like how the Google Maps Timeline feature is too...  ????  

the only downside of the phone being eventually tracked to your/GF location - is that if it is located before yous have informed Authorities;

- is that your GF could be railroaded automatically as a thief?

(your thoughtful considerations towards the PP holders Visa status practically becomes a mere Secondary level of importance, don't you think?) 

Protect your Backs

I have be told that if you find a phone you should leave it where it is because if it found on you it is classed as you are stealing it so we are leaving everything in the restaurant

Edited by offset
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Curt1591 said:

We have plenty of friends with all brands of phones. Maybe one of your friends can lend a charger.

I will try a multi charger first just waiting to see if he comes for food this morning

• Like 1

Call the last few numbers dialed on that phone and tell them that he left these things at your restaurant. Give it a day , then take it all to the police station. At some point he may check with them about it.....

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, offset said:

It OK we have found him he coming to pick it up

Thx for all your help

He is one hell of a lucky guy, that you kept it for him.

And an ungrateful SoB if he does not buy a couple of drinks or takes a meal in your girlfriend's restaurant. ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If it were me, I would call my own phone from some other device and see who has it. In this case, it seems the Op will gladly hand it over as I think somebody in the restaurant would recognise the person as being the genuine Owner.

if the phone contact list can be accessed, maybe can call a frequent contact there so they could contact the Owner.

Edited by ChrisKC
added comment