Non Imm.B, only extended by one month?

Hello

Not for me but my gf. Working for Japanese fitness company.

She got non-imm-b and work permit. Non-imm-b expires this month.

Company arranges everything through a Thai agency, as the boss only understands Japanese.

GF went to CW for the full extension on Thurs. Agent kept passport after initial immigration doc handover and said he would give it back tomorrow, one more step...

Today passport comes back with just a one month extension. Agent says 'no problem, will sort the full one year extension at the end of April'

It all seems a bit weird to me. I didn't think NonImmB could extend by one month.

And...everyone should be in and out of CW within a day (my experience was 2 desks, one doc handover, then one stamp) not waiting around to collect passport the following day.

Could the visa agent just be slowing everything down to bill for more work/hours? (If so, we aren't bothered, her company covers all that)

Atm, agency haven't requested extra docs or details from gf, so haven't made clear why it was only +30 days and not +9 months.

Any ideas?

This is normal. When you submit the document bundle you are given approximately 1 month as an extension. Immigration use this time to check your documents for fraud or misrepresentation. If everything is legitimate then when you go back your extension will be granted for a period of 1 year from your last 1 year extension (so that the expiry date of your full extension is always the same every year, regardless of the day you apply on and regardless of the day you are asked to return to collect your full extension).

It is not a 30 extension. You got  a under consideration stamp with a report back date on it 30 days from the day you applied for the extension.

The application is sent to the immigration division headquarters that the office you applied at is under for approval. In your case that would be division 1.