Medical robots cut risk of infection for medical personnel 

webfact

Medical robots cut risk of infection for medical personnel 

By The Nation

800_44ee6e05918cb72.jpg?v=1583750140

The Faculty of Engineering and the Faculty of Medicine of Chulalongkorn University in cooperation with Advanced Info Services (AIS) have developed medical service robots for the monitoring of Covid-19 patients.

The project applies 5G technology to enhance the medical services, said Wasit Wattanasap, AIS Head of Nationwide Operation & Support Department.

“The robots will help doctors and nurses in providing treatment and giving advice to patients without touching or getting close to the patient in order to reduce virus infection risks for medical personnel,” he said.

“Initially, the medical service robots were sent to three medical institutions to monitor Covid-19 patients, namely Rajavithi Hospital, Central Chest Institute of Thailand, and Nopparatrajathanee Hospital.”

Meanwhile, Prof Dr Supot Teachavorasinskun, Dean of Faculty of Engineering at Chulalongkorn University said that the outstanding feature of medical service robot is the medical team and Covid-19 patients can communicate via a high definition video conference system.

“This robot will help doctors on screening patients, evaluating risks, and performing preliminary diagnosis,” he said. “Also, it can equip measuring devices, record vital sign, and forward information to the doctor for evaluation.”

He confirmed that in the future, 5G technology will play a very important role in medical services.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30383702

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-10

If true and they work, well done Thailand. But preferably not for me. As an old fart, I would much rather be checked out by one of those beautiful Thai nurses in a tight fitting uniform. So sad... they're the only Thai girls the wife lets me get close to alone.

• Haha 2

They have these computer things everywhere in the UK now. My Clinic in the village has had a reception one for over 10 years. Went to Costa coffee yesterday in the village and parked my car and had to put my registration into a computer which came back and told me all about my car also showing me my car in the car park. I'm sure there have been these types of devices for a long, long time. Why Thailand keeps doing this as it makes them look really stupid. I'm sure I was this in Japan a very long time ago and I mean 10++ years ago.