Good time to abandon the TM 30

On 3/10/2020 at 9:47 AM, ExpatOilWorker said:

CW. It has been widely reported that they don't ask for the TM30 anymore when doing extensions. 

There were a recent thread on this site. Surely you must have seen it.

I was in Jomtien Immigration for an extension a few weeks ago TM30 was asked for it depends on which officer you get and how is their day ect..ect

ended up paying a fine, just to make sure I got my extension of stay.

and I did report it all here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zoza said:

I was in Jomtien Immigration for an extension a few weeks ago TM30 was asked for it depends on which officer you get and how is their day ect..ect

ended up paying a fine, just to make sure I got my extension of stay.

and I did report it all here. 

Was that a tourist extension or 12 month one?

No TM30 mentioned for my Retirement Ext.

5 hours ago, Andycoops said:

Not what I was told by the Imm' Officer there in December. 

He said no need for long time marriage visa stayers anymore. (10 years plus in my case at the same address)

Short time stayers and other visa holders may of course be different.

I have been here a lot longer than that. They have required it recently every time I leave. In fact, they usually remind me or my wife not to forget to do it when I get back.

On 3/10/2020 at 8:48 AM, Tayaout said:

Good time to adopt the internet. 

Why do some people just assume without checking that the everyone can do TM-30s and 90 day reports online without knowing the facts. 

Here in Roi et, you cannot do 90 day reports online. Neither can you do them by mail. According to the 

immigration officers, you must report in person to do a TM-30. They are under the assumption that only they can figure out when your newly update 90 day report will be.  

For those of you that can accomplish these task online, I applaud you. Just don't assume all can do the same.

37 minutes ago, PhonThong said:

Why do some people just assume without checking that the everyone can do TM-30s and 90 day reports online without knowing the facts. 

Here in Roi et, you cannot do 90 day reports online. Neither can you do them by mail. According to the 

immigration officers, you must report in person to do a TM-30. They are under the assumption that only they can figure out when your newly update 90 day report will be.  

For those of you that can accomplish these task online, I applaud you. Just don't assume all can do the same.

Most people can but some still insist on doing it in person and complain. If you can't then I'm deeply sorry for your hardship. It would be hell in my case since it means a 3h drive and I like to travel often. 

Edited by Tayaout

17 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Was that a tourist extension or 12 month one?

No TM30 mentioned for my Retirement Ext.

it was for my extension of stay based on being married to a Thai, about 12 months worth, in the last 14 years reporting to Immigration and getting extension of stays ,I have never heard a mention of TM30 before the last

12 months . now it is recognised as an income stream you go in for an extension of stay or basically any thing, and they throw it in to see if it is

an earner, I was told all though it was the condo owners fine, it had to be sorted before they would continue with my extension ? I paid as what else

could you do after three days of messing me about (they do not encourage the so called Married visa) as I said they do what they want? when ever they want?  TIT.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1