Trump says coronavirus will 'go away' as pressure grows for economic relief

webfact

26 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Oh, horse<deleted>! I'll vote for Biden if he's on the ballot, but let's not pretend  he's taking the presidency back to being the best. I could almost buy that if he changed everything about himsef that caused him to make the political choices he has thusfar. And I like old Joe. His political opponents will be less kind.

Probably many will hold their nose this election.

• Like 1

I agree 100% with both of these tweets:

Donald J Trump:

So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!

Candace Owens:

The average age of the hundreds of people that died in Italy— 82 years old. It is now breaking, terrifying, stop your life and stock up on toilet paper news— that 82 years old, with pre-existing conditions can die from the flu. The mass hysteria is unreal.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Yeah, I see that with the vicious and unprovoked physical attacks by your type on innocent Americans who happen to support our country and President, that have been continually ignored by the press. Guys like you are the reason that I will go back to packing when I wear my MAGA cap. Sick. The fact that you folks are consumed with hate is sick, sad and pathetic.

So you imply you want to carry a gun when supporting MAGA and kill folk for their free speech ?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The article from yesterday says 800 confirmed U.S. cases.

By the time I woke up this morning, it was over 1,000.

Stay tuned. This virus may eventually "go away" in the U.S.  But that's clearly not going to happen any time soon, and not before a lot more people have been sickened and many others died.

And a good share of the blame for that is because Trump and those around him have constantly downplayed the seriousness of the outbreak even while thousands were dying in China, sent out conflicting messages to the public, wasted away time that could have been used to better prepare the U.S., and totally failed early on to mount a comprehensive testing program that would have more quickly identified emerging cases and allowed health authorities to better track and contain them.

Trump and Co. aren't responsible for the virus itself. But they've got their grubby hands all over a share of the toll in sickness and death that it's going to take on the U.S.

Rubbish. Just another Trump hater.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, URMySunshine said:

So you imply you want to carry a gun when supporting MAGA and kill folk for their free speech ?

Naw dude I will excersize my right to self defense when the folks that hate me (clearly expressed even here) attempt to cause me serious physical injury as has been experienced by journalist Andy Ngo, or Congressman Steve Scalise, or the Voter Registration ladies in Florida, or the 15 year old kid smacked around for wearing a MAGA hat. To confuse what I said with anything to do with free speech shows true confusion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, AussieBob18 said:

Donald J Trump:

So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!

Candace Owens:

The average age of the hundreds of people that died in Italy— 82 years old. It is now breaking, terrifying, stop your life and stock up on toilet paper news— that 82 years old, with pre-existing conditions can die from the flu. The mass hysteria is unreal.

First of all, I don't see a mass hysteria.  By the way, the US now has over 1,000 confirmed cases.

But seriously, what are you suggesting?  That China, Italy, etc., just open up their borders?  That people with the COVID not quarantine themselves?  Go shopping, go to school, sit on a crowded plane, take a cruise?  That people with the symptoms don't even bother getting tested?  That countries don't even bother to tell their citizens how many are infected?  Tell us, what is it you want?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

The truth hurts, don't it...

Everything I said above about Trumps handling, and failure to handle, the CV crisis has been documented at length. Facts are facts, no matter how much you may not like to accept them.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

No dude. He doesnt hate just Trump. He hates all who support Trump. That includes, among others, me.

This thread is excellent because it allows me to further refine my ignore list. I dont do hate nor do I even like to be around haters. Life is too short and its almost afternoon nap time here in scorching Siem Reap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, AussieBob18 said:

Donald J Trump:

Candace Owens:

It's nice to know you agree with Trump's tweets! Actually, we knew it already.

However, experts don't agree with him (and you). Surprising?

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, candide said:

It's nice to know you agree with Trump's tweets! Actually, we knew it already.

However, experts don't agree with him (and you). Surprising?

Experts? You mean the ones being funded by Big Pharma 555555

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

First of all, I don't see a mass hysteria.  By the way, the US now has over 1,000 confirmed cases.

But seriously, what are you suggesting?  That China, Italy, etc., just open up their borders?  That people with the COVID not quarantine themselves?  Go shopping, go to school, sit on a crowded plane, take a cruise?  That people with the symptoms don't even bother getting tested?  That countries don't even bother to tell their citizens how many are infected?  Tell us, what is it you want?  

I can tell you what I want. For the Corona News Network ( CNN) to shut up. They are OTT and fear mongering like nothing I have ever seen. They never seem to mention that nearly 90% of all deaths are elderly people with health issues. I actually think ( know ) that CNN likes the death numbers to be higher because they expect higher ratings. They do this every time there is a situation where a lot of people die. Most recently in Thailand with the mass shooting. They had a higher number and had to lower it.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, AussieBob18 said:

See my post above Bershire - this whole thing has been blown up out of all proportion and is being used for political advantage - the panic has resulted in stock markets collapses and economies crashing - the end result of that will be people suffering. This is just another bad flu like swine flu H1N1 - did the world panic then? did the right criticise obama so much? Over 500,0000 people worldwide died from swin flu - 500,000 !!

You didn't answer my question, but you keep wanting to make it political.  The stock market isn't political, it responds to real world events.  Same with businesses whether it's airlines, hotels or manufacturing, supply chains, etc.  These countries placing restrictions on travelers aren't doing it for political reasons.  I can go on and on.  The only criticism Trump is receiving is his response to it.  It's beyond lame.  Heck, even our friends in the UK can see this...

[The United States' closest international ally is in a state of incredulity and "disbelief" at how badly President Donald Trump has handled the coronavirus outbreak.]

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-us-allies-disbelief-donald-trump-bad-covid-19-response-2020-3

And before you go about attacking the UK, other world leaders (and in the US) agree with their assessment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, candide said:

Wrong! Trump blamed him during one of his indecent attempts at deflecting responsibilities.

"Donald Trump wrong saying Barack Obama did nothing about swine flu"

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/mar/06/donald-trump/donald-trump-wrong-saying-barack-obama-did-nothing/

CNN? MSNBC? MSM? 24x7?  Any of the major networks??

Trump said something IN MARCH 2020 !!

Was Obama attacked in 2009 to 2010 - 61 millions caught it - 11,600 died !!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

Experts? You mean the ones being funded by Big Pharma 555555

4 minutes ago, AussieBob18 said:

Exactly what do these 'experts' say - The organge man is bad? LOL

When will you Trump haters realise that you are always wrong in the end - this virus pandemic will run its course like swine flu - there is no need to panic - just take precautions - the world aint going to end, but it does have too many snowflakes in panic mode.

All experts, even his own experts.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/03/06/just-my-hunch-trumps-own-experts-disagree-with-his-beliefs-about-coronavirus/23942059/?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAB9RvZvvSiHOq6cHinlL7dLxbfqfQLF1memjHGE-2AMfMgucBmCqJemSSjEFVeuWxEd64gV7e12M8Ez2EjpX3vK72WSiOCnK5fX72wLxK8ronrqz4zS1CDezTrJYb6vc_LcPtXk28AtOLzVuCn4grjPrlQCXbbat1Yw7ZRJGUfB9

https://www.statnews.com/2020/02/26/trump-mixed-messages-on-coronavirus/

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-coronavirus-outbreak-cdc-illness-press-conference-white-house-a9362291.html

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

You didn't answer my question, but you keep wanting to make it political.  The stock market isn't political, it responds to real world events.  Same with businesses whether it's airlines, hotels or manufacturing, supply chains, etc.  These countries placing restrictions on travelers aren't doing it for political reasons.  I can go on and on.  The only criticism Trump is receiving is his response to it.  It's beyond lame.  Heck, even our friends in the UK can see this...

[The United States' closest international ally is in a state of incredulity and "disbelief" at how badly President Donald Trump has handled the coronavirus outbreak.]

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-us-allies-disbelief-donald-trump-bad-covid-19-response-2020-3

And before you go about attacking the UK, other world leaders (and in the US) agree with their assessment.

James Wood's uses  #instablock  for Trump haters using fake news as if its the truth - good enough for me.

Please do the same.