DIY construction for ozone fan

leogerritsen

4 minutes ago, bankruatsteve said:

"The chlorine atom"  ???  You are not making much sense in these posts.  Being proactive in protection from virus is commendable but do be careful and have a good understanding of what you are doing.

So show me yours ! I showed mine !

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, leogerritsen said:

Did you ever try it ? I did and still do. With the proper mind set the body can adapt to higher frequencies.

If you not agree then i suggest please

find a place in the bush bush because 5G is being rolled out.

No, because I prefer to take on board the advice of respected health authorities over that of a single person who is displaying an alarming ignorance of safety and biology.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

No, because I prefer to take on board the advice of respected health authorities over that of a single person who is displaying an alarming ignorance of safety and biology.

The authorities are lying. Chlorine is at basis of all medicine that handle severe infections.

The problem is 1. It can not be patented 2. It is really really cheap.

So the medical society is hiding the facts. They rather sells you a complex molecule in a product that can be patented than give us a free choice.

My advice find your own place in the world, stand on your own feet, make your own decisions instead of following a sheepish crowd.

Edited by leogerritsen
Typo

There is no doubt that ozone kills bacteria, viruses and the like and also that it can be hazardous to one's health in high concentrations (it does dissipate very rapidly mind, so turn off the generator and have a cup of tea and you'll be fine).

But I'm still confused where the Chlorine atoms are coming from.

Also, any indication just how much ozone these little UV chaps produce?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bankruatsteve said:
1 hour ago, leogerritsen said:

Apparently you did not read my text with an open mind.

It is the same all over. The chlorine atom turns into CL2 inside the virus-cell and immediately reacts with its vital system, killing the virus immediately.

"The chlorine atom"  ???  You are not making much sense in these posts.  Being proactive in protection from virus is commendable but do be careful and have a good understanding of what you are doing

You have to be wary of talking science to a person who is clearly demonstrably incapable of understanding it and is impervious to reason, knowledge or learning. Among others that chlorine cannot exist in a free state, that Owill ever be in the blood stream and that a virus is not a cell

For example 

To give you an idea. I test my eyes by welding without protection. I checked these so-called facts on myself. So looking at uv-light does not scare me so much.

He clearly is different and if the units actually, as I suspect, contain a UVC tube has no care for the damage that he is going to cause if he doesn’t warn the unsuspecting families he’s going to give them to of the safe way to use them.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

17 minutes ago, bankruatsteve said:

It does not freely form, but Cl2 is a gas and has many applications from consumer products to (gulp) killing bacteria.  

And people.

https://www.sciencehistory.org/distillations/a-brief-history-of-chemical-war

Chlorine gas, used on the infamous day of April 22, 1915, produces a greenish-yellow cloud that smells of bleach and immediately irritates the eyes, nose, lungs, and throat of those exposed to it. At high enough doses it kills by asphyxiation.

2 hours ago, leogerritsen said:

The authorities are lying. Chlorine is at basis of all medicine that handle severe infections.

The problem is 1. It can not be patented 2. It is really really cheap.

So the medical society is hiding the facts. They rather sells you a complex molecule in a product that can be patented than give us a free choice.

My advice find your own place in the world, stand on your own feet, make your own decisions instead of following a sheepish crowd.

I'm not sure how chlorine has morphed from the ozone in your OP; however, it's just another example of muddled thinking.

While it is true chlorinated organics form the basis of some medicines, that's because they are preferentially absorbed in body fat. There are plenty that contain no chlorine at all.

Before you praise chlorine too highly, you should read "Silent Spring" by Rachel Carson. Or talk to Vietnam vets who were sprayed with Agent Orange.

Your advice is noted. My advice is if you want to peddle conspiracy theories, you should at least educate yourself in the science to have a veneer of plausibility.

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

I'm not sure how chlorine has morphed from the ozone in your OP; however, it's just another example of muddled thinking.

it magicly came in post #13

It is the hunger for oxygen that makes the virus rip off one atom oxygen, trading it in for a free chlorine.

So while there are many chlorine compounds there is, usually, no free chlorine as it it so reactive

3 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

it magicly came in post #13

So while there are many chlorine compounds there is, usually, no free chlorine as it it so reactive

I guess that's why people measure Free Available Chlorine in swimming pools.

I introduced a rough and drastic remedy for a virus that is threatening society. Without any of you knowing my background I am being ridiculed.

Shame on you !

Despite all naysayers please remember this method when 'push comes to shove'.

It will also be my last contribution to this forum.

35 minutes ago, leogerritsen said:

I introduced a rough and drastic remedy for a virus that is threatening society. Without any of you knowing my background I am being ridiculed.

Shame on you !

You are being ridiculed because your advice is dangerous and unscientific. Your background is irrelevant. The shame is on you.

A saying comes to mind :

Stupid is as stupid does

if you can read I did add guidelines.

Not only that I also mentioned the controversy that arose in medical circles. Imo the opposition mainly meant to protect self-interest. If I were a medic I would ashamed about the medicine as is practiced. I condemn the practice of big pharma.

My advice mentions the danger, tells people how to avoid that. So how the .... can you spin this to look like this an idiots advice.

As for unscientific who are you to decide about that ?  Remember the great inventors from the past. They were all ridiculed, but history proved them right.

As for my background that is none of your business. I wrote you condemn without knowing.  And ... doing is knowing. Mr Waldorf.

As for shaming and blaming :. We will see about that !

Edited by leogerritsen
Adding

A saying comes to mind :

Stupid is as stupid does

if you can read I did add guidelines.

Not only that I also mentioned the controversy that arose in medical circles. Imo the opposition mainly meant to protect self-interest. If I were a medic I would ashamed about the medicine as is practiced. I condemn the practice of big pharma.

My advice mentions the danger, tells people how to avoid that. So how the .... can you spin this to look like this an idiots advice.

As for unscientific who are you to decide about that ?  Remember the great inventors from the past. They were all ridiculed, but history proved them right.

As for my background that is none of your business. I wrote you condemn without knowing.  And ... doing is knowing. Mr Waldorf.

As for shaming and blaming :. We will see about that !

Can you share a schematic of the circuitry you built. What is the HV potential? Did you use an old television (crt) transformer to produce HV? It needs to be quite a high voltage to produce a corona, if that is in fact the principle you are using.

3 hours ago, leogerritsen said:

Shame on you !

@leogerritsenIf you had stuck to the things that UVC lamps (you still haven’t confirmed if they are or not) and ozone does well along with the safety precautions you would not have had the the reaction you dislike.

But you chose to quote fake claims along with genuine ones and add a personal statement about an extremely well documented condition that at best can have only been momentary in your case or a fabrication. Along with supporting completely bogus sudo science.

As you may have seen I among others have been using high powered UVC lights which also generate ozone, though unlike yourself I do understand the dangers they pose and the way they work. 

You seem oblivious to the dangers and willing to expose others to them.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Can you share a schematic of the circuitry you built. What is the HV potential? Did you use an old television (crt) transformer to produce HV? It needs to be quite a high voltage to produce a corona, if that is in fact the principle you are using.

If you would like to build your own ozone generator then full information is here http://www.bigclive.com/oz.htm there are a couple of other ones there as well.

The ones showing are unlikely to use electrical discharge but probably Ultra Violet, probably UVC.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

If you would like to build your own ozone generator then full information is here http://www.bigclive.com/oz.htm there are a couple of other ones there as well.

The ones showing are unlikely to use electrical discharge but probably Ultra Violet, probably UVC.

Thanks for the link. No intention of building an ozone generator. Have had enough career experience with ozone formation from corona which can then form nitric acid and causes havoc with HV installations, particularly PVC sheathed cables.

I've used ozone generators at home and back when I kept reef tanks so I'm not skeptical, but I do have practical questions.

1.  Rather than drafting O3 by placing behind the fan, why not put your generator in front of the fan for total dispersal?  Seems more efficient to push all of the O3 with the fan rather than lose some by being behind it.

2.  I know you say to leave the room when operating but by the looks of the simple switch, do you have to go back inside to turn it off?  Perhaps you have an extension cord?

I'm going to close this now. Anyone with a really good reason to re-open please PM me.

One last piece of advice - If you want ozone go and buy an electrostatic/corona ozone generator, not silly money for one that makes 10-20g per hour. Check out Lazada and AliExpress.

• Thanks 1