DIY construction for ozone fan

leogerritsen

A few years ago I made a small contraption to add a small ozone generator to a household fan.

It is used to desinfect our rooms for rent on a regular basis.

It might help stop spreading all kind of flu related infections.

I will upload some pictures and a guideline for usage.

Guideline :

Ozone is highly effective to 'handle' viruses. It is no magic. And it has it's own precaution, restrictions, side effects.
Ozone is generated during the discharge of electric energy as in lightning. It can be created with an electric circuit that creates high voltage. The discharges of that voltage creates O3, ozone.
1. Precaution, use it moderately.
2. Restrict to private use. Vacate the area, run the procedure for one hour and resume activity.
Or keep a constant flow of O3 in a ventilated room.
3. Side effect. O3 is a powerful way of dealing with viruses. They get killed instantly. When staying / breathing in an area with a sufficient amount of O3 will bring the ozone in the bloodstream. It will start its work immediately, leaving  'dead virus material' in the bloodstream. That causes a light headache, it is an indication it is working.
Another side effect is that O3 will effect most  anaerobic life. So people with a normal flu will get similar results (and side effect).
Drink water, so the body gets enough fluid to transport the residues out of the system (by peeing).
Anyone with a little feeling for diy and electrics can build a simple system cheaply (under 200thb if you have some wood, electric cable, a plug).
Electric discharges create a spectrum of radiowaves, nothing serious but it may interfere with sensitive receivers like TV sets (causing disturbance on the screen). Just move the ozone unit a bit away. 

IMG_20200311_052349.thumb.jpg.b9dd04de03205e298d1cd342d10b19ab.jpgIMG_20200311_052349.thumb.jpg.b9dd04de03205e298d1cd342d10b19ab.jpg

Edited by leogerritsen
Add guideline for usage
  • Like 1

@chipbudd really ?  Do you have solutions to contain spreading the Corona virus or only want to comment the obvious ?

This contraption is not conform any electric safety standard, but ... It sure as hell disinfects.

Please select your choice of fancy ozone spreaders, priced 2k+ thb. This one costs about 300thb for 2 simple ozone generators plus some wood, 2 switches and a plug plus electric wire.

Please add any protection you want plus some filtering.

Be my guest ????

2 minutes ago, leogerritsen said:

@chipbudd really ?  Do you have solutions to contain spreading the Corona virus or only want to comment the obvious ?

This contraption is not conform any electric safety standard, but ... It sure as hell disinfects.

Please select your choice of fancy ozone spreaders, priced 2k+ thb. This one costs about 300thb for 2 simple ozone generators plus some wood, 2 switches and a plug plus electric wire.

Please add any protection you want plus some filtering.

Be my guest ????

Its UV light that could kill viruses,smells, but its not Ozone.

regards worgeordie

7 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

The best method of producing ozone is via Corona Discharge which is a ozone gas then it smothers any bacteria will even get rid of the smell of smoke I sometimes turn it on in the bedroom turn the A/C on the air smells really fresh and it kills any bacteria in the A/C

9 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

The best method of producing ozone is via Corona Discharge which is a ozone gas then it smothers any bacteria will even get rid of the smell of smoke I sometimes turn it on in the bedroom turn the A/C on the air smells really fresh and it kills any bacteria in the A/C

Sorry Addressed  to the wrong person

You haven’t said exactly what is inside your device.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

I use UV lights on my Koi pool,the water passes over

an enclosed UV light, When I had Marine Aquariums

I used an Ozone generator ,but you had to remove 

the Ozone gas with charcoal as it could burn the

gills and fins of the fish, an Ozone generator is a

device that produces Ozone by passing air over

an enclosed device with high electrical discharge

that changes 02 into O3, ozone,to put it simply.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

Actually no. It is the hunger for oxygen that makes the virus rip off one atom oxygen, trading it in for a free chlorine. That chlorine is the cause of death for that virus. So O3 kills viruses very effectively. A similar action occurs in the much debated cure for cancer (MMS miracle mineral supplement)

One of these 2D5F6F58-5E16-40D8-ACD0-BDB8061B5DD4.thumb.jpeg.7be5cbc5c67bda9a994f024e717d1cfb.jpeg

setup on a timer with strict instructions not to enter the room while it’s on will do a better job than just an ozone generator as it adds the dangerous UV into the mix. There is no need for a special fan as the room fans do a good enough job.

but if you just want ozone then Big Clives Ozone Generator  here are instructions to build one

11 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

You haven’t said exactly what is inside your device. 

A small O3 generator can be purchased at Amorn.  I bought a few at that time for 99 thb / PC. Now they go for 150 thb (plus shipping if ordered on Lazada or Shopee).

Screenshot_20200311-081430.png

A small O3 generator can be purchased at Amorn.  I bought a few at that time for 99 thb / PC. Now they go for 150 thb (plus shipping if ordered on Lazada or Shopee).

Screenshot_20200311-081430.png

That still doesn’t say what’s inside, if it’s one of the tubes I show then it is significantly dangerous to your eyes 

3 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

That still doesn’t say what’s inside, if it’s one of the tubes I show then it is significantly dangerous to your eyes 

Lick it with your tongue. I am sure it will surprise you.

My solution is not for fear mongers. It is meant as a suggestion to make a well informed decision about tackling the spread of infections in an affordable way.

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, leogerritsen said:

Lick it with your tongue. I am sure it will surprise you.

My solution is not for fear mongers. It is meant as a suggestion to make a well informed decision about tackling the spread of infections in an affordable way.

That is a stupid reply and completely irrelevant.

the light I show produces Ozone as a side effect it also emits UVC narrow band ultraviolet, which can cause eye and skin damage to anyone in its vicinity. It is better than an ozone generator alone as a device for destroying airborne pathogens.

you should understand what you are using as if it is, as I suspect, a UVC light you MUST make anyone who might come across it aware that it is dangerous to look at or even be in a room with when lit.

while the hongkong incident UVC experience involved a more sustained exposure UVC is dangerous and will damage your skin and eyes, just ask any welder about arc eye. My nebour who is a very experienced welder was unable to work and had sore eyes for more than a month recently due to accidental exposure.

Respect the things you use and buy do not fear them.

Do not be stupid and ignorant about the safe way to use products. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Ozone is poisonous.

Not sure that is a valid description.  It is very reactive and the extra O atom will immediately bond to most organic compounds.  When that is your lungs, nasal passage, mouth, etc. it can be harmful and known to be carcinogenic. 

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Safety first I would say

Absolutely. It is extremely important to understand the effects of things you use. Making ridiculous untrue statement like 

It is the hunger for oxygen that makes the virus rip off one atom oxygen, trading it in for a free chlorine. That chlorine is the cause of death for that virus.

As if free chlorine ever exists

And the OP quoting lies and dangerously flawed rubbish  like this

breathing in an area with a sufficient amount of O3 will bring the ozone in the bloodstream. It will start its work immediately, leaving  'dead virus material' in the bloodstream.

Shows why all of the statements are classed as BS.

correctly used UVC and Ozone do more good than harm. 

ignorance allows both UVC and Ozone to be dangerous 

• Like 1

A batch of 12 units was just delivered to me. I will make one unit for each family. I hope this will inspire people to have a proactive mind towards the corona virus. I do a burn-in for one hour. I have 14 units active around me right now. The room is ventilated, so don't worry ????

IMG_20200311_111005.jpg

3 minutes ago, bankruatsteve said:

And, if it did, it would not freely bond with O2.

Apparently you did not read my text with an open mind.

It is the same all over. The chlorine atom turns into CL2 inside the virus-cell and immediately reacts with its vital system, killing the virus immediately.

Apparently you did not read my text with an open mind.

It is the same all over. The chlorine atom turns into CL2 inside the virus-cell and immediately reacts with its vital system, killing the virus immediately.

"The chlorine atom"  ???  You are not making much sense in these posts.  Being proactive in protection from virus is commendable but do be careful and have a good understanding of what you are doing.

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Ozone is poisonous. It attacks the lungs, and is responsible for many diseases such as emphysema.

The OP's advice it is somehow good to breathe is completely irresponsible.

https://www.lung.org/our-initiatives/healthy-air/outdoor/air-pollution/ozone.html

Did you ever try it ? I did and still do. With the proper mind set the body can adapt to higher frequencies.

If you not agree then i suggest please

48 minutes ago, Crossy said:

An interesting article on UV ozone generation https://www.oxidationtech.com/ozone/ozone-production/uv-lamp.html

Personally, I'd rather use a corona discharge unit, more ozone production and no potentially risky UV exposure.

find a place in the bush bush because 5G is being rolled out.

Yes i agree Crossy, enclose the unit so uv light will not emerge.