Tom Hanks says he, wife Rita Wilson have coronavirus in Australia

webfact

Tom Hanks says he, wife Rita Wilson have coronavirus in Australia

By Dan Whitcomb

2020-03-12T013541Z_1_LYNXMPEG2B025_RTROPTP_4_AWARDS-SAG.JPG

FILE PHOTO: 26th Screen Actors Guild Awards – Arrivals – Los Angeles, California, U.S., January 19, 2020 – Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson. REUTERS/Monica Almeida

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Oscar-winning actor Tom Hanks and his wife, actress Rita Wilson, have both tested positive for coronavirus in Australia, the actor said on Twitter.

The actor, 63, said that he and Wilson, also 63, were tested in Australia, where he is working on a film, after they felt tired with slight fevers.

"To play things right, as is needed in the world right now, we were tested for the coronavirus and were found to be positive," Hanks said in the tweet.

He said that he and Wilson would be "tested, observed and isolated for as long as public health and safety requires."

(Reporting by Dan Whitcomb; Editing by Sandra Maler)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-03-12

39 minutes ago, Thechook said:

I call fake news. 

It is only a fake news if it does not suit one's agenda. The entire Western countries, entire Euro zone, UK and USA have botched up containment efforts and hundred of thousand people are infected. They are hiding the fact by not testing all contacts and even not testing everybody from high risk regions. Shame to the them. 

Edited by CartagenaWarlock
  • Sad 2

54 minutes ago, spiekerjozef said:

got it in the US

And you know this  because of what?

Hanks  has been in Australia since February 2. He visited Mavis's Kitchen and Cabins in Mount Warning, NSW at the time.  Rita Wilson was performing at the Emporium Hotel in Brisbane's South Bank  a week ago.

Symptoms of infection typically manifest themselves within the first 7 days of exposure.  14 days is used for quarantine to  pick up the possible exception 

You have two options here;

Either substantiate your claim or retract your statement and apologize for spreading a lie.

Do you think you are funny spreading garbage like that? The couple has been  touring Australia and could have been infected anywhere in Australia.

Edited by geriatrickid
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Good luck Tom and wife, your in good hands down under, I would be very confident of a speedy recovery.

Apparently they are staying at the same resort as did one of the first Chinese infected who returned from Wuhan early January.

Even better..Scomo is paying!

Edited by Olmate
Additional

30 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yes, that just clicked with me too !

Wonder if that was deliberate ?, after all could have called the ball Spalding or Nike !!

If not deliberate I'm sure it helped to get the appropriate emotions for the Wilson scenes.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

How many instances of product placement were on that movie? Too many for me.

I'm sure Hanks can afford the very best of care so I doubt he's going to die of it, but if it stops him making any more product placement movies IMO a good result.

IMO Hanks hasn't made a really good movie since Saving Private Ryan, and I didn't see any product placement in that movie.

Zippo lighters

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Saving Private Ryan, got shot in the backside in Vietnam, survived a piracy attempt off Sierra Leone, and plane crashed working for Fedex, plus had aids in Philadelphia.

Covid-19 wont be a problem for him.

Oh and that pic standing next to a tree.......he's counting down quarantine days!

Edited by rocket3rider
Added text
  • Like 1