Tom Hanks says he, wife Rita Wilson have coronavirus in Australia

webfact

Though I love and respect Tom and Rita, no I "wouldn't like to be your neighbor" at least for a few weeks

If you haven't seen this movie, check it out. Said to be where Tom met Rita, set in Thailand (though shot in Mexico). It's a hoot.

Hanks touched down on the Gold Coast on January 26 and was rumoured to be staying at Peppers Broadbeach — in the same building as a Chinese national who was one of Australia’s first coronavirus cases.

The 44-year-old was confirmed to have the virus on January 29 after being rushed to hospital by paramedics on Tuesday, January 28. The man had recently returned from Wuhan and was travelling with his wife and child.

55 minutes ago, rocket3rider said:

Hanks touched down on the Gold Coast on January 26 and was rumoured to be staying at Peppers Broadbeach

Worse places to be quarantined, but will be costing the insurance company a fortune

2 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Worse places to be quarantined, but will be costing the insurance company a fortune

On a new Oz note, Mclaren have withdrawn from Aust Formula One event in Melb after a team member has positive corana test result!

9 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Good luck Tom and wife, your in good hands down under, I would be very confident of a speedy recovery.

yeah for sure with their bucks it's no problem. But say that about some poor Aussie bar-steward (millions of people) who lives on a low income about good, high level surety healthcare in Australia. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Tropposurfer said:

yeah for sure with their bucks it's no problem. But say that about some poor Aussie bar-steward (millions of people) who lives on a low income about good, high level surety healthcare in Australia. 

Medicare would cover them, and I doubt that they would have to wait because it would be deemed an emergency, so preference is given to those for emergency situations, I mean you can't send a COVID-19 person home when they have tested positive, they would get the same care as Tom and his wife, albeit they are celebs.

Edited by 4MyEgo

6 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Medicare would cover them, and I doubt that they would have to wait because it would be deemed an emergency, so preference is given to those for emergency situations, I mean you can't send a COVID-19 person home when they have tested positive, they would get the same care as Tom and his wife, albeit they are celebs.

Medicare doesnt cover foreigners. Travel insurance issue. Film company pays.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Olmate said:

On a new Oz note, Mclaren have withdrawn from Aust Formula One event in Melb after a team member has positive corana test result!

From an environmetal point this good news, economically bad news, and of course the I guess all concenred need to go into quarantine ( any one in close contact with the positive person including, F1 staff, hotel staff)

On 3/13/2020 at 2:43 AM, 4MyEgo said:

Seriously? Big difference between 5* private hospital and a public hospital. 

Anyway, wait till it really gets going and not enough hospital beds, or nurses. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Medicare would cover them, and I doubt that they would have to wait because it would be deemed an emergency, so preference is given to

As foreign nationals they would not be covered by Medicare, (even in an emerency, they get treatment but are billed) the film company will have them covered privately for health/accident and no doubt carrying their own health insurance anyway, if covered for o/s travel

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Seriously? Big difference between 5* private hospital and a public hospital. 

Anyway, wait till it really gets going and not enough hospital beds, or nurses. 

Of course there is a Big difference between 5* private and public hospitals, that said, I can't knock the government hospitals I have been to over the years in Sydney/Sydney's north/south.

I think all the hype will blow over in a month or two as people stay in doors and let it go its course, for those that have to work, and of course travel on public transport, I feel for them as they will be more susceptible to it, but it isn't a death warrant, although that is all the media is hyping on about, creating fear, it's bad, yes, I suppose we could say it's another pneumonia of sorts and really affects the elderly more than others from what I have been listening too and once it has spread far and wide, perhaps then our immune systems might be able to cope with it, and no doubt they will release a vaccine for it within a year 18 months.