Prayut and coup-generated Constitution must go to save country: Thanathorn

webfact

The problem with Thai politics is that no matter how righteous this new party appears, I doubt it’d be long before corruption and greed showed it’s ugly head amongst its members if the party were to get into power.  Not saying they shouldn’t be given a chance, but I’m skeptical.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

Get organized, as they would do in a 'Western' country. 1 million people on the streets of BKK is hard to ignore ...

True but is it really that simple?

Are there others silent players who are powerful and are controlling the whole thing?

7 minutes ago, scorecard said:

True but is it really that simple?

Are there others silent players who are powerful and are controlling the whole thing?

3 months of large nationwide demos and appealing to junior military to join up (not hard to do with the appallingly-treated conscripts) could sweep away the whole disgusting feudal system ...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JAG said:
50 minutes ago, bangkokfrog said:

I hope this guy has good security. He is certainly painting a larger and larger target on his back.

I wonder, is he setting himself up to be jailed, to start his "movement", and gambling on his international exposure to ensure that he survives?

Could be, but a brave move if true. I don't think the current powers that be care too much about international exposure, and it would be very easy to get rid of Thanathorn with an outwardly plausible death if they were able to get him in jail.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bangkokfrog said:

Could be, but a brave move if true. I don't think the current powers that be care too much about international exposure, and it would be very easy to get rid of Thanathorn with an outwardly plausible death if they were able to get him in jail.

Yep,  he could do an Epstein within days of going to jail. ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Every single thing that is army generated, including the ridiculous new constitution must go. Including Prayuth, and the entire army. They are a boil on the face of the nation.

Absolutely. The only big worry is how their establishment protects one key figure. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

The problem with Thai politics is that no matter how righteous this new party appears, I doubt it’d be long before corruption and greed showed it’s ugly head amongst its members if the party were to get into power.  Not saying they shouldn’t be given a chance, but I’m skeptical.

In every barrel there are a few 'bad apples'.....????????????????????????????????

4 hours ago, mfd101 said:

3 months of large nationwide demos and appealing to junior military to join up (not hard to do with the appallingly-treated conscripts) could sweep away the whole disgusting feudal system ...

Point taken, but I suspect your totally missing my point.

The stuff I'm reading on widely shared social and the bravery of the voices that are being found are stunning in the Thai context - whole swathes of Thai society are losing their fear whilst the elites must be growing at the same rate. My money is if push comes to shove then the boys in green may shove the most obvious target under a bus to save their own skins. They have previous 'form' after all.

Edited by URMySunshine
  • Like 1

Experience elsewhere (eg Latin America, Sudan, Algeria ... ) suggests that you need first big civilian demos, then parts of the military change sides, then the future is open ... and anything, good or bad, can happen.

What the civilians achieve is to destroy the old as currently established. The old may rebound but - as in Algeria currently - it may be only a temporary shadow of itself, provided the civilians keep up their efforts.

45 minutes ago, thequietman said:

Thai people are not taught to think independently, so they can't think for themselves. It is unfortunate, but true.

I reckon that old cliché is well past its sell-by date.

45 minutes ago, thequietman said:

I genuinely worry for them and their future.

I am genuinely concerned about what's for dinner tonight.

• Like 2