Europe is epicentre of coronavirus pandemic - WHO

rooster59

1 minute ago, Opl said:

You can only share what you have, France sent protective equipment to China, now China helps France in return.. and so did Italy, Germany, etc.. 

What do you expect?

Oh...France sent protective equipment to China..? I didn't realise... Sorry my bad. Italy should be ashamed of themselves.

On 3/14/2020 at 11:01 PM, ianezy0 said:

Oh OK, a bat virus. And you are...Dr or Pr Who?
I am guessing you have seen a doco., so you then decide for yourself. Another expert!

Doctor Google ,  knows it all ...

Edited by elliss

20 minutes ago, Forethat said:

Oh...France sent protective equipment to China..? I didn't realise... Sorry my bad. Italy should be ashamed of themselves.

My opinion is that French bashing is not at the scale of the issue.

In early February, no-one outside of Asia thought there was a serious threat for the rest of the world.

So sharing was possible.

Maybe you know that the protective equipment are "made in China" mainly. And no country has enough masks etc.. now. Even in hospitals. 

It's easy to blame by ideology

Italy has given the gift of it's experience to its neighbours , including from accross the Channel, so say thank you.  

Edited by Opl
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Opl said:

My opinion is that French bashing is not at the scale of the issue.

In early February, no-one outside of Asia thought there was a serious threat for the rest of the world.

So sharing was possible.

Maybe you know that the protective equipment are "made in China" mainly. And no country has enough masks etc.. now. Even in hospitals. 

It's easy to blame by ideology

Italy has given the gift of it's experience to its neighbours , including accross the Channel, so say thank you.  

My initial question was: And what did the EU do?

If the answer is "nothing", why don't just say so?

French bashing...? What on earth are you on about?

4 minutes ago, Forethat said:

My initial question was: And what did the EU do?

If the answer is "nothing", why don't just say so?

French bashing...? What on earth are you on about?

And I answered; as other posters did in former threads mentioning the funds, but as you are obsessed with the EU, you keep repeating yourself.

Stay safe and good luck.  

Edited by Opl

1 hour ago, Opl said:

And I answered; as other posters did in former threads mentioning the funds, but as you are obsessed with the EU, you keep repeating yourself.

Stay safe and good luck.  

Oh...I thought you got going on "french bashing". Especially since that's what you accused me of.

1 hour ago, Opl said:

My opinion is that French bashing is not at the scale of the issue

Some people...

On 3/14/2020 at 8:53 PM, Forethat said:

In light of the Italian crisis, is it worth mentioning that not one single effort has so far been made by ANY of the EU-members to assist Italy with medical equipment or personnel?

Another striking example of the expensive uselessness of the EU. I seriously hope Italy tell the EU to take their little federalistic elitist dullard congregation and shove it.

What has your country done?

6 minutes ago, wabothai said:

What has your country done?

To my knowledge, not a freaking thing (apart from paying ridiculous number of Billions to various EU emergency funds designed to coordinate efforts and help EU-countries when EXACTLY these things happen).

Edited by Forethat

from the link I shared previously in response to you, quote ; " China has requested additional humanitarian goods and medical supplies from the European Union. Face masks, protective gloves and clothing will soon be delivered to China, according to the European Commission. So far, Germany and France have already delivered protective gear to China.

and so did Italy."

Unfortunately, when later Italy was in need due to the spreading of the pandemic, no country could help and had to keep the goods  for themselves, the needs are so huge, nurses and practicians in hospitals don't even get enough protection. There is nothing the EU could do further right on. Usually we get the masks from China. 

Now , 3 factories in France produce ffp2 N95 masks full time and can't even meet the needs. 

Same issue with the ventilators, etc... 

For the future I believe the E.U will secure the avaibility of those equipment. 

Edited by Opl

21 minutes ago, Opl said:

from the link I shared previously in response to you, quote ; " China has requested additional humanitarian goods and medical supplies from the European Union. Face masks, protective gloves and clothing will soon be delivered to China, according to the European Commission. So far, Germany and France have already delivered protective gear to China.

and so did Italy."

Unfortunately, when later Italy was in need due to the spreading of the pandemic, no country could help and had to keep the goods  for themselves, the needs are so huge, nurses and practicians in hospitals don't even get enough protection. There is nothing the EU could do further right on. Usually we get the masks from China. 

The alleged quote is falsified. You shouldn't manipulate quotes to make them support your arguments.

Pathetic.

1 minute ago, Forethat said:

The alleged quote is falsified. You shouldn't manipulate quotes to make them support your arguments.

Pathetic.

No not at all.

I added the line below that Italy did as France and Germany , one of the reason why China returned the lending hand.

1 minute ago, Opl said:

No not at all.

I added the line below that Italy did as France and Germany , one of the reason why China returned the lending hand.

You didn't manipulate the quote, you only added a line..?

Just stop.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Forethat said:

You didn't manipulate the quote, you only added a line..?

Just stop.

i added the information the line below.

Post n°24 , I first just shared the li,k https://www.dw.com/en/eu-crisis-center-monitors-coronavirus-outbreak-offers-aid-to-china/a-52344944

As you obviously did not read, I then after quoted the part in response.

And added below for your comprehension and knowledge that Italy did also help China.

You are judgemental on topics you are poorly informed of, and do not care to search to understand even when given infos. Too lazy. 

Edited by Opl

1 minute ago, Opl said:

i added the information the line below.

Post n024 , I first inly shared the li,k https://www.dw.com/en/eu-crisis-center-monitors-coronavirus-outbreak-offers-aid-to-china/a-52344944

As you obviously did not read, I then after quoted the part in response.

And added below for your comprehension and knowledge that Italy did also help China.

You are judgemental on topics you are poorly informed of, and do not care to search to understand even when given infos.

You manipulated the quote to support your arguments.

Just stop.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Forethat said:

You manipulated the quote to support your arguments.

Just stop.

Absolutely not, AND this is not an argument, these are facts.

Too hard to cope with?

Edited by Opl

On 3/14/2020 at 9:32 AM, aussienam said:

Agreed. Political correctness stopped that but why didn't PC stop MERS title (Middle Eastern Respiratory Syndrome)?  

End of the day it is a bat virus that spread in a dirty Wuhan slaughter market that was an ideal zoonotic  pathogen transmission point. 

And delusional Chinese leaders now trying to hoodwink their brainwashed communist collective citizens by claiming the virus was planted by US soldiers.  LM<deleted>AO.  Foil hat time.  

Others are claiming it was spread by migratory birds and other wildlife.

What nonsense!

On 3/14/2020 at 3:43 PM, Jingthing said:

Travel bans don't work. 

Ask Italy. 

Too true.

In an age of mass immigration and globalisation it's a bit late to introduce travel bans. Much of the damage has already been done.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Opl said:

Absolutely not, AND this is not an argument, these are facts.

Too hard to cope with?

Here are the facts:

Your post:

"China has requested additional humanitarian goods and medical supplies from the European Union. Face masks, protective gloves and clothing will soon be delivered to China, according to the European Commission. So far, Germany and France have already delivered protective gear to China. and so did Italy."

The real post:

"China has requested additional humanitarian goods and medical supplies from the European Union. Face masks, protective gloves and clothing will soon be delivered to China, according to the European Commission. So far, Germany and France have already delivered protective gear to China."

You added "and so did Italy". You manipulated the quote to support your weak argument. And then you denied it. And then you lied about it. 

Good grief...

Stop. Just stop.

On 3/14/2020 at 12:03 PM, Crazy Alex said:

I love this line:

"Europe has now become the epicentre of the pandemic with more reported cases and deaths than the rest of world combined apart from China," he said in Geneva.

So other than the actual epicenter, China, Europe is the epicenter. And you people wonder why think WHO is a clown organization? Seriously?

Unfortunately (or fortunately?), today we humans are in control by clowns. We cannot change it. We decided and chose the clowns ourselves. Can anyone deny that, honestly? So lets not whimper, say aye, aye sirs to the clowns!

Edited by ravip
Add

China Hits a Coronavirus Milestone: No New Local Infections
All of the new cases reported on Thursday involved people who had come to China from elsewhere, the government said.

China on Thursday reported no new local infections for the first time since the coronavirus crisis began three months ago, reaching a milestone in its battle with the deadly outbreak that has upended daily life and economic activity around the world.

Full article

16 minutes ago, Forethat said:

No, that's far from exactly what you repeated. Instead, you MANIPULATED a quote. And you simply refuse to admit it.

Jeezus, this is so embarrassing I honestly feel sorry for you.

Here's my advise:

Just stop.

Good morning from France,

Just rest a little bit and you'll feel better.

Thanks for your informative contribution to this thread, the issue is crucial.

PS: I should have added that the UK ( as well as many other nations) also sent equipments to China - something you probably are ignorant of - but did not add the info, because it's out of topic .. the UK is not part of the EU which is the sole object id your concern. 

Stay safe wherever your are, and please excuse my poor English as I  excuse your French   

Edited by Opl
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Opl said:

Good morning from France,

Just rest a little bit and you'll feel better.

Thanks for your informative contribution to this thread, the issue is crucial.

At least my idea of "informative contribution" doesn't include falsely accusing others of "french bashing". As you did when I asked what the EU did to assist Italy:

"My opinion is that French bashing is not at the scale of the issue."

And then there's of course falsifications of quotes, you won't be seeing me making informative contributions like that. I'll simply leave that to the liars, how embarrassing they may be. We know who they are, don't we?

"China has requested additional humanitarian goods and medical supplies from the European Union. Face masks, protective gloves and clothing will soon be delivered to China, according to the European Commission. So far, Germany and France have already delivered protective gear to China.

and so did Italy."

Just stop.