Anutin to propose temporary closure of entertainment venues to fight Covid-19

rooster59

I was ill for 3 days last week. Headache, sore throat, muscle pain, fever in the evening and during the night. No cough, no respiratory symptoms. Appetite only 20% down. Felt like a very mild case of influenza. If this was the coronavirus it'a joke.

I got hit by a diarrhea bug twice in Thailand before and it was much scarier. Lost 30% of my muscle mass within days.

5 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

i hope this is true:

Airports of Thailand (AOT) president Nitinai Sirismatthakarn posted photos of an empty Suvarnabhumi Airport on his Facebook account, as a result of the Covid-19 crisis.

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30384122?utm_source=category&utm_medium=internal_referral

Looks empty but reports from Fri morning until Sat morning was:

498 international flights with about 50,000 pax

233 domestic flights with about 25,000 pax

• Like 1

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30384121?utm_source=bottom_relate&utm_medium=internal_referral

so eighty-three students who had visited Italy returned to Thailand. 

Six were transferred to a hospital. So six are showing signs of virus. 

77 students were sent to the Sattahip Navy base for 14 days of quarantine.

at least they are being shipped off. i hope the Thais decontaminate those buses. 

More and more countries Especially in Europe are now going in a full lock down. Schools closed night life closed just supermarkets and pharmacies open.. people encouraged working from their homes Seems they are copying China Wuhan approach because that seemed to help to slow down the virus spread Isolation..

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Another is the proposed closure of entertainment venues until further notice. The committee will speficy the venues to be closed zone by zone

Close one zone people will just go to the next open one?

Find the culprits who are not "self quarantining" and nail them hard !

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

90 died the other day in one day on the roads, more than infected Covid people and 89 more than covid deaths currently here - but this fool is not banning road travel. Why ?

That's how they hide the covid deaths .........they throw them under a bus

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DaRoadrunner said:

How long before Anutin comes out with deportation for dirty Farangs not wearing masks? Or enforced Hazmat suits for Farangs?

i was about to say expect a announcement soon from Thai Immigration about mandatory home quarantine for Farangs on a retirement extension of stay.  this seems more than possible.

the visa holders with WP will be told something else like work at  home if you can. 

• Like 1

How long before our illustrious leaders, having thought of banning all all large gatherings, consider closing Immigration Chaengwattana? Where one can spend hours in close proximity with hundreds of other filthy viral infested Farangs.

While they are at it, could we get rid of the 90 day report? Or will it be replaced with a health certificate report?

7 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Can not speak for government hospitals but at my private hospital it was more like a morgue than busy with people - almost no patients Friday - at 1230 one other person eating in main restaurant.  Almost no customers in normally very busy Tesco Lotus last week (but there is a one week backlog on home delivery from both Tesco and Tops in my area of Bangkok - most people are staying home already).

Yes, I think you're right - a lot of people are staying home. But like any defence, this is only as strong as its weakest point.

In my condo, there is a ruling to have food delivery personnel deliver the order to the lobby only, and not be allowed to deliver it to the door of the customer/resident. I can't quite fathom the logic of "these people are far more likely to be exposed to Covid-19"), versus the through traffic of residents going to work and back, and maids and drivers, and condo cleaning staff and security, and technicians etc. Unless the whole building is in quarantine, or lock down, there is no way to stop potential exposure, and identifying delivery drivers as high risk, over HiSo going about their business, or their maids returning from their daily shopping at the market, seems like so many of the measures, rather pointless. As a panicked society we instigate these measures, like buying bulk loo paper, to take "control" over something we cannot possibly control. It makes us feel we are doing something, but it's a purely mental defence mechanism. We might as well get out the hazmat suits.

Edited by samtam
  • Like 1