Change of Thai attitude since Anutin Twitter outburst

Kadilo

As a matter of course, I have avoided going for massage for 2+ months because I fear for my own health and exposure to masseurs who have been exposed to customers about whose health status they know nothing. I have a severe neck and back problem, but I can cope with it. Ditto any visit to the doctor for my annual check up, and my six monthly dental hygienist; I am avoiding these sorts of places until the situation becomes clearer, as they (especially hospitals), are likely to have had Covid-19 carriers. Hospitals and dental practices will survive, but massage establishments, small hospitality businesses etc are likely to fare much less well in the recession that is coming.  

Edited by samtam
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Today when she called she was informed that from the 14th they were not massaging and ferangs because of the fears of catching Coronavirus. 

I read this as if they have stopped massaging all together, not only foreigners

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Susco said:

I read this as if they have stopped massaging all together, not only foreigners

No, just ferangs otherwise business as usual. Apologies, typo, should say “any” not “and”

1 hour ago, samsensam said:

he then indicated i had to use gel on my hands, which i was happy to do, however he was not requiring thais to use the gel... ho hum...

Because they might end up stealing the entire bottle ....ho hum...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ThaiBunny said:

Most people have an attention span of 24 hours at best

Unfortunately this is correct.
I remember when in Germany virtually nobody was traveling to Turkey or Egypt.
But a few months later and massive luring with dumping prices the lemmings were back ....

Edited by Peterbilt
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kadilo said:

In isolation although quite insulting, this is not gonna change my world and is no bigee but what next?

In isolation are we, i.e. the whole family, in Isaan, we are staying away from Thai's, only going out to buy groceries, suffice to say, we know it's the Thai's that contracted the virus from Chinese or returning from South Korea, Japan, Italy etc etc, and for this dipstick wanna be so called minister spreading xenophobia about, well, there are always two sides of the coins.

Just yesterday my sister-in-laws were at a temple, dancing, drinking and getting drunk, kids with them, big enough crowd, and they wonder why my Mrs has locked the front gate.

To answer your questions in short, I still get looks when doing grocery shopping, I am assuming it's from my good looks and not because I am not wearing a mask ????

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mngmn said:

Although if you live in Thailand, I expect you have no idea what a ballot box is as they are rather unusual there.

Your funny, your referring to a balot box as some beacon of democracy right?  Even the Congo roll out a balot box now and then.  Can you tell me if you are able to vote for the people at the Australian Reserve Bank that control monetary policy at these balot box's?  Because if you cant then that would suggest that the Australian Reserve Bank and Australia's money supply has been privatized.  Privatize the money supply, not sure where i've heard that before. Oh yeah Karl Marx's communist manifesto.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

34 minutes ago, BeltAndRoad said:

Your funny, your referring to a balot box as some beacon of democracy right?  Even the Congo roll out a balot box now and then.  Can you tell me if you are able to vote for the people at the Australian Reserve Bank that control monetary policy at these balot box's?  Because if you cant then that would suggest that the Australian Reserve Bank and Australia's money supply has been privatized.  Privatize the money supply, not sure where i've heard that before. Oh yeah Karl Marx's communist manifesto.

Been vaccinated against conspiracy theories... 

BTW its 'ballot' and 'Reserve Bank of Australia' which dates back to 1911 long before 'privatised' was in the English vocabulary.  The RBA is entirely owned by the Australian Government and serves as useful mechanism to prevent Governments pursuing unwise populist policies when seeking re-election.  Might be worth noting the sh*t fight going on between Trump and the Federal Reserve in the USA which serves roughly the same purpose as the RBA.

Edited by mngmn

I live in a village of no consequence, no fame,  no glory....just a farming village like thousands of  others out in the smoke haze of the North...lower North actually.  The only concern for me is those returning home from Sth Korea or Bangkok.  One had been back from Sth Korea 2 weeks so we are thinking all will be OK with that one.  A few more are likely to return but we aren't sure when....which could be a worry down the track.  But down the track a lot of things can change, so I am concerned but not worried. Be concerned, stock up with supplies and stay home more.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mngmn said:

Did you read the rest of my post?  I thought it was rather good!

18 minutes ago, mngmn said:

The RBA is entirely owned by the Australian Government

haha nice edit, can you point me to your source for the above statement.  Then show me where it says the RBA is entirely owned by the "Commonwealth of Australia"

3 minutes ago, BeltAndRoad said:

haha nice edit, can you point me to your source for the above statement.  Then show me where it says the RBA is entirely owned by the "Commonwealth of Australia"

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/r/reserve-bank-of-australia.asp#:~:text=The (RBA) Reserve Bank of,and manages the Australian dollar.&text=The bank%2C entirely owned by,succeeded Glenn Stevens in 2016.

10 minutes ago, BeltAndRoad said:

I post this with some trepidation as information usually fans the flames of conspiracy...

https://www.rba.gov.au/qa/  "The Bank is a body corporate wholly owned by the Commonwealth of Australia".