90 day reporting is daft with all this going on

36 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Are they likely to cancel 90 day reporting for the foreseeable future? I'm due to go in a few days

No 

They cannot waive it since it is written in the immigration act. At the most they could possibley waive or reduce the fine for not doing it or allow more days after the report date to do it,

That was discussed before in a long topic recently.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cheesekraft said:

I have to do an extension in a couple of days and I am scared, last time I did was a 9 hour wait in a packed room.. seems almost for sure some virus will be spread in that environment

if it was outside it would be better but in a confined busy area, not good. Maybe go to an agent, plenty about depending where you are

I'm more concerned with what happens if they close the borders to all our home countries (in my case UK). 

What will they do to tourists with no visa, no money for hotels and no food , who cannot guarantee a flight home ? 

It;s all very well airlines asking for handouts to support them, but will they come to the rescue of stranded people ? Will the governments of other countries support their stranded people ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Laws are about to change around the world in order to cope with Corona so I'm sure Thailand can make changes too

That one has not been touched for over 40 years since it has to be done by the parliament and it seems there has been no political will to do it. Possibly due to the bureaucrats in Bangkok opposing it.

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Are they likely to cancel 90 day reporting for the foreseeable future? I'm due to go in a few days

that wouldn't make sense.

if it's so important to keep track of all foreigners in good times, then it's even more important during a pandemic to know where they are.

to ensure your safety.

2 minutes ago, fishtank said:

How about making reporting online for everyone.

Not just the few.

and include those on Non-LA extensions like my fiance....she has to go to LatPrao Big C every 90 days and it make Chaeng Watthana look tame....

36 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No 

They cannot waive it since it is written in the immigration act. At the most they could possibley waive or reduce the fine for not doing it or allow more days after the report date to do it,

That was discussed before in a long topic recently.

They could use section 17 of the immigration act instead of changing the law.

I don't know why so much angst about a 90 day report which has online options or a wander into the IO  office......is it to far to go scubascuba3 ?

We would have dreamed about this option years back when we had to leave the country -- that's when our 90 days was due. Then of course after a few times of that I would take the night train down to Malaysia  to (hopefully get a new 1 year Visa , ) The embassy's in different countries ran hot & cold so you really didn't know where the next country would be, or if they would give you a year or only 6 months.  I seem to have a lot of luck with George town--but still train fares, hotel etc etc....and you ride down on the train thinking , what if they say a big no,  who shall I get to clear my apartment look after my belongings.

yer the Thai's really are tough on us now..........not like the old days

Laws are about to change around the world in order to cope with Corona so I'm sure Thailand can make changes too

You are expecting common sense here???

My 90 day report is up soon and I am not going to risk exposure to the virus in crowded CW immigration. Mine is also one that refuses to function online. I was told this was because I got a new passport and it will not function online until I first leave the country and return, whereupon it will show up on Immigration records and will function online. .... Total kcuf up.

Anyone know if it can be done by post?

Edited by DaRoadrunner

Can we do some kind of group request for them to cancel 90day request until virus situation is over. Write there at many 90 day report user is old or pension and in really risk to go make report. 

If we do it and have good luck they maybe forgot later take 90day reporting back when they see it isn't important. 

Any idea? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DaRoadrunner said:

You are expecting common sense here???

My 90 day report is up soon and I am not going to risk exposure to the virus in crowded CW immigration. Mine is also one that refuses to function online. I was told this was because I got a new passport and it will not function online until I first leave the country and return, whereupon it will show up on Immigration records and will function online. .... Total kcuf up.

Anyone know if it can be done by post?

unless i'm misteaken, it won't work then either.

you must do 90-day report in person with new tm-6 to be entered into the system, then can report online........until next new tm-6, which will require in-person report.  cycle of life.

8 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

unless i'm misteaken, it won't work then either.

you must do 90-day report in person with new tm-6 to be entered into the system, then can report online........until next new tm-6, which will require in-person report.  cycle of life.

No problem to do reports by mail. I have done them by mail and have never been able to do online reporting due to a new passport and an old entry to the country.

The reason for not being able to do them online when you get a new passport is that there is no record of it in the database the online system checks that is created with info from your last entry into the country.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jackdd said:

They could use section 17 of the immigration act instead of changing the law.

Not sure that applies to anything more than entering into the country since section 17 it is under "Chapter 2 Entering and Departing the Kingdom"

"Section 17 : In certain special cases , the Minister , by the Cabinet approval , may permit any alien or any
group of aliens to stay in the Kingdom under certain conditions , or may conditions , or may consider
exemption from being conformity with this Act."

Section 37 for 90 day reporting is under "Chapter 4 Temporary Stay in the Kingdom".

11 hours ago, Cheesekraft said:

I have to do an extension in a couple of days and I am scared, last time I did was a 9 hour wait in a packed room.. seems almost for sure some virus will be spread in that environment

There isn't even handgel available at the immigration office.