Germany tries to halt U.S. interest in firm working on coronavirus vaccine

webfact

5 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

If you read your own quote, the Gates foundation provided financial backing in 2015 and 2018 for Malaria and Influenza research. 

I understand that.  I'm talking about this German company having received financial assistance from a US foundation...hence, US connection. 

Welove..etc......... I really don't want to get into a silly Trump argument, that seems to go on forever ...I'm not even American. I was just pointing out that it has not been confirmed by the German government--as usual they have just said Sources......... "German government sources"-...who in government??

The only person quoted directly is the company that is making the product and they deny there is any such takeover---they have their own webb site if you care to visit....or you can go with Welt am Sonntag   and their unnamed sources. A German newspaper , which is the equivalent of the Daily Mirror ...My rant is that I hate this sort of rubbish tabloid reporting --If the American president is in the wrong --so be it, maybe someone would actually put there name to saying it.

The moon really is a balloon --I know a unnamed source has stated it...............:coffee1:

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

BERLIN (Reuters) - Berlin is trying to stop Washington from persuading a German company seeking a coronavirus vaccine to move its research to the United States, prompting German politicians to insist no country should have a monopoly on any future vaccine.

The vultures smell possible profit ...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

would you rather have us with it, or China? Think we would ever threaten folks by withholding medicine (outside war or its equivalent)?

The price for it would be set so high , that hardly anybody could afford it .

I know what I am talking about , a few yrs ago I needed a newly developed med ( Gilead ) , but the price for a treatment was set at 186000 $ ! I had to wait a few years until I could buy it from India for 1500 $ .

19 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

China isn't capitalising but rather offering help to others. 

China would have helped others - the rest of the world - more if they had not covered the outbreak for over a month just the save their bloody face.

These weeks would have done more than a couple of plasma bottles now and their conspiracy theories that the virus was invented by the evil empire US.

Edited by JustAnotherHun
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

China would have helped others - the rest of the world - more if they had not covered the outbreak for over a month just the save their bloody face.

These weeks would have done more than a couple of plasma bottles now and their conspiracy theories that the virus was invented by the evil empire US.

This is a convenient excuse for countries that response to the virus late and not having adequate health system to monitor and prepare for any emergency. The leaders of these countries should be taken to task for their failings to protect their citizens. Singapore and Hong Kong are worthy of praise for their prompt policy response and comprehensive health care infrastructure. They have low infections and no death. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

And I can only imagine how US would have used monopoly on medication/vaccines.

Wow. Truly a sad reading of politics, life and history.

Looks like chinese disinformation, bots and propaganda are working. Its OK, folks supported Germany in 1933 too.

Edited by Nyezhov
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

This is a convenient excuse for countries that response to the virus late and not having adequate health system to monitor and prepare for any emergency. The leaders of these countries should be taken to task for their failings to protect their citizens. Singapore and Hong Kong are worthy of praise for their prompt policy response and comprehensive health care infrastructure. They have low infections and no death. 

This is not an excuse. It is fact that China covered the outbreak for weeks. If reported earlier the rest of the world coud have acted earlier. Simple logic.

And there's not only Singapore and Hongkong doing a fabulous job. Don't forget the maybe most successful, the Taiwanees.

8 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Because Germany would let that happen? Such nonsense. The stuff of potboilers, not reality.

Right. 

And Dietmar Hopp, the former "owner" of SAP who is the main investor of CureVac is a philantropist. He would never agree giving a vaccine to one country only. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

Right. 

And Dietmar Hopp, the former "owner" of SAP who is the main investor of CureVac is a philantropist. He would never agree giving a vaccine to one country only. 

Although he did meet Trump, Pence and Gates (who is one of his biggest backers) just last month...